Ended
Watch

The Toll has been Paid...

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    S
    Spartan

Spartan trudged through the hedge, a glowering look in his eyes. He was not pleased to be coming back to this place. He very much wanted to burn down this slave trade and kill every one of these slaving bastards. That time would come in the future, he knew it. But for now, for now he needed to meet with the one eyed man. The One Eyed Man was one of his contacts to the Tolltaker Knights. A group of Gray Paladins who do the dirty work as long as the pay and the motives are correct.

So the Hopelite enters in, his weapons at his sides, his newly made armor hidden under his shirt.

Spartan looked for the one eyed man where he had found him before...

Shortly after the King of Wrath's arrival, the short one-eyed Ogre steps out of his stall. The stocky Cyclopean offers Spartan a nod and a toothy grin. "So ya made it back, did ya?" he says as he takes a few steps towards the hoplite, his own Summer Mantle appearing to be stronger by the presence of Spartan's. "What's the word on that contract, eh?" asks Old Scratch as he looks up at his fellow Ogre with his one eye.

S
    Spartan

"Dead... face crushed by a angry Squirrell." Spartan says, "But you know the target wasn't Peter Milford. The enemy was his fetch. And that is who we killed." The King of Wrath says not giving a fuck who is around to hear him talk about murdering a monster like Milford's fetch.

Old Scratch's grin widens just a bit. "Good," he says as he casts a quick glance around. "Now it is time to claim your bounty." He turns around to head towards his stall and gestures for Spartan to do the same.

"Follow me."

Once inside, Spartan can see a variety of weapons, armor and other equipment hanging on racks around the stall. Many of them are obviously hedgespun, while others are just mundane versions. There is also a large red and gold banner hanging, with a symbol on it hanging from one of the walls.

The Cyclopean turns around, his expression is a serious one. "Spartan, you accomplished what was asked of you. Now, are you ready to claim your prize?"

Banner's Symbol

S
    Spartan

Spartan Follows the One Eyed Ogre, keeping his eyes open for anything out of the ordinary... well... anything more out of the ordinary then in a place that is completely out of the ordinary.

As Spartan walks into the stall he looks around to all of the weapons on the walls and catalogs them in his mind. Each weapon he looks at he envisions using. Battle Axe, heavy chop to rend limb from body. Two Handed Bastard sword, Heavy Slicing and stabbing. Speer, Distance and defense as well as precise attacks. Maul Hammer, Destruction of chest, and head. Short Sword, speed and precision, best used for slashing or stabbing, sacrifice reach for speed. And the list goes on...

"I am..." Spartan's eyes shift back to Old Scratch.

The short one-eyed Ogre offers him a toothy grin. "Very well then. Hereby I extend to you an invitation to join the Tolltaker Knighthood," he says with some pride in his voice. "Not everyone is cut out for what we do, but you have proven yourself to be a fit candidate Squire."

There's a brief pause, as Old Scratch's one eye looks intensely into Spartan's eyes. "You are ready to become a Knight. If your wish is to do so, repeat after me." He takes another pause to allow for his words to sink in.

"I give my word to break legs, crush skulls and snap necks. I'll put a bullet in your head and a sword in your heart, provided someone pays me to do so and proves to me why it should be done."

S
    Spartan

"I give my word to break legs, crush skulls and snap necks. I'll put a bullet in your head and a sword in your heart, provided someone pays me to do so and proves to me why it should be done."

Spartan repeats the Oath Verbatim, letting the words follow over him. He was not normally a fan of oaths. Yes he has taken them, because they are a part of the Changeling way. But too many were wrapped in frilly words with frilly choices. Spartan actually liked this oath because it was cut and dry. This is how it is. No hidden words or subterfuge choices....

Once Spartan finishes repeating the oath, he can sense the power of his own will sealing the pledge with the Wyrd. The stocky Cyclopean nods at the new Knight. "Alright, now that we have dealt with that, we need to talk 'bout some rules," he says with an uncharasteristic seriousness in his tone.

"The Tolltakers are mercenaries, there is no doubt about that. However, we don't just go around breaking legs for money...we've got a code of ethics of whatever you wanna call it." Old Scratch takes a pause to make sure that Spartan is following what he's saying. "Before we take a contract on someone, the individual who wants to hire us needs to give us some good proof that this person deserves our wrath. Basically, we are not gonna just murder an innocent woman because her jealous ex-husband pays us good money to do so."

The short one-eyed Ogre starts to walk around the stall, looking through some boxes as he continues talking. "Now, if that jealous ex-husband provided us with some concrete proof that his ex-wife abused their children...and did some real fucked up shit, I'd have no qualms with taking such a contract." He turns to look at the hoplite and asks, "you understand what I'm getting at?"

S
    Spartan

"I understand. I am ready for whatever challenges await me." Spartan says with a nod of his head to the Old Ogre.

"Do you have a mission for me? Another test?" Spartan asks, eager to get to work.

Old Scratch nods, pleased with Spartan's enthusiasm. "Alright, now that ya know the rules we can get straight to business then," he says offering a toothy grin to the hoplite. "A recent bounty has been put out on someone, I'm sure it will come as no surprise to ya."

The Cyclopean walks over to a rustic desk and opens one of its drawers. He pulls out a small scroll and then walks over to Spartan, extending the piece of paper towards him. "Enzo di Veyron has been causing a lotta trouble for some time now; he's made a lot of enemies as I'm sure ya are aware." He pauses for a moment allowing for his words to sink in. "He used to conduct a good amount on business on this market, but lately he's been keeping a low profile...which has made it difficult for us to claim the bounty on his head."

The stocky one-eyed Ogre gives his fellow Knight a serious look. "Perhaps you'll have better luck tracking down the slimy bastard."

Contents of Scroll

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.