Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Out of the Market

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Beej , Anubite25

This scene takes place immediately after Otto and Stripes leave the Fleshmarket

Otto and Stripes manage to leave the Fleshmarket without any trouble. They get a couple of strange looks, but due to the fact that they are walking along with merchandise, most merchants and patrons in attendance just take them for regular shoppers and pay them little to no attention. Once the two Beasts have made it out of the Hedge with the beautiful blonde girl and the little 9-year-old, the older of the two finally says something to them.

"Th...thank you," she stutters as she tries to force a smile but fails miserably; obviously still in a state of shock. On the other hand, the little girl remains silent and her eyes seem distant.

Blonde Girl

Little Girl

Stripes kneels down next to the girl, smiling at her and trying to seem friendly rather than frightening. Like a big fluffy kitty rather than the predator the Wyrd wants him to be.

"You both gonna be okay now," He says to the girl, holding out one hand. "My name Stripes, what's yours?"

It feels like not too long ago that he was a kid like her. Stripes can only imagine that he wouldn't be doing so well after being locked up but now that she's free the girl should be fine. At least he hopes so.

B
    Beej

"Ah, yes. You're welcome miss." Otto says, giving the young his most reassuring smile. "You probably have questions..a lot of them. Some of them I can answer but they'll have to wait a bit. We're not out of the woods yet." He begins slowly, looking up and down the street as he talked. The Beast was glad the young woman wasn't out of her mind hysterical, it made things much easier. The child all zoned out wasn't a good sign but he'd the lack of a fuss as a blessing right now. "Ah, name's Otto by the way. Sometimes when people are abducted and taken to..slave pens like you were in the victim is replaced by something called a fetch, a magical duplicate to mask the abduction. They're almost identifcal copies the person they're replacing. Some act normal all their..well I guess you could call them lives. Some go bad, turing into sociopaths. At anyrate when fetchs come into contact with the people they've replaced or cha..uh..people like myself and my friend here," Otto fumbles and recovers, jesturing to Stripes. "they can become violent, murderous to everyone around them. We need to find if you have a fetch before you can go home. We need your full name, address and phone number along with the time and date of when you think you got abducted. With that we can sort things out. If you have a fetch...well we'll handle that for you." A lot of changelings would frown on him talking so much about changeling and fae matters, but Otto didn't care. Its not like it mattered, if he really needed to he could make the girl want to forget everyhting she was told. Or he could make her want to help him as well. Sure it was wrong, but someone times you had to break eggs to make scrambled eggs and toast.

Otto bet the woman would look very lovely in the morning wearing one of his shirts, making eggs and toast in his kitchen. "Fetches!" Otto mentally chided. "Focus on the crazy psycho fetches and their hunters!"

The little girl looks at Stripes but does not say anything. Her distant expression remains the same as she turns to look at Otto as he begins talking to the older girl.

The blonde girl tries to keep up with the otter Beast, but his rant seems to lose her a bit. She looks around the place for a moment. "Wh...where are we?" she asks with a puzzled look. "What date is it?"

OOC

B
    Beej

"Shit shit shit shit." Otto thinks. "She's normal..she can't have been gone that long."

"Uh Sacromento, its (insert date)."

3 suxx

The blonde looks at Otto for a moment and the nods. "I...was here visiting a friend, drove up about a week ago," she says as some things start getting clearer for her. "I'm from...San Diego originally."

Meanwhile, the little girl remains silent. She looks at Otto, not blinking once. Her face remains expressionless; her eyes distant.

4 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-02-19 03:30:01 Little Girl rolls 7 to Mind Reading (10 Again) 7, 3, 8, 9, 2, 8, 9 4 successes

OOC

Stripes seemed worried about the girl ignoring him and just staring at Otto. Also standing this close he can't help but hear what Otto and the other woman they rescued are talking about.

"So going to need to see about woman's fetch..." Stripes muses. "But what about little girl? Still don't know who she is."

Stripes waves one hand in front of the girl's face worriedly. Maybe she was blind? Or deaf? Perhaps she was in some sort of deep shock after all this. In any case the beast was at a loss for what to do.

"Got girl out, that's good. But how do I help her now?" Stripes asked himself.

B
    Beej

"If you were visiting a friend...we'll have to check on her first." Otto tells the young woman. That was the last thing he needed. Another missing person, fetches in two different cities possibly. Well if the fetch was in San Diego, what was he going to do? Drive down with the girl? Find the local freehold and talk them into helping him finding and killing a fetch? He was a sucker for a pretty face but he wasn't sure he was that much of a sucker.

Looking down at the little girl, the unblinking increasingly odd and creepy. "Great. She's broken." The beast thinks darkly. "Going to need Bates to dig through her head to figure out who she is and what the hell happened to her."

"Hi there sweety." Otto says kneeling down next to the girl. "Can you tell us you're name?"

fail persuasian

"And why the hell you cost an arm and a leg? Seriously, if she's a brain dead then I seriously over paid." he thinks. It wasn't a fair thought he knew, but he had traded a very important memory. A moment with his kids? A stole moment with his wife? A childhood baseball game? He couldn't remember. Giving something up like to have the girl staring at padded walls for the rest of her life wasn't fair.

The little girl looks at Stripes as he waves a hand in front of her face. She gives him a slight frown and then turns her attention back to Otto.

"Umm, ok...I guess you can do that," says the blonde to the otter Beast. "We were together that night...but I left the club with this guy..." she lets her words trail off as her cheeks turn red, and she shakes her head repeatedly. "I was so stupid to trust a stranger like that."

The little girl stares at Otto in silence for a good long while. Eventually she frowns and shakes her head. "You are a bad man...just like them." She then turns away from him and just stares blankly into the distance.

"What? That's the first time she's talked!" says the older girl, obviously shocked by what the younger one just said. "What did she mean by that? Who are you guys anyway?" she asks as a certain degree of suspicion starts to settle in.

B
    Beej

Otto cocks an eyebrow at the little girl's reaction but before he can ponder her reaction, his minds snaps to what the young woman just said.

His furry little ears swivel and he rises back up to his full height as he turns. "Son of a..Enzo? If its him we'll know that mother fucking son of a bitch has his tongue back" he thinks darkly.

"Sorta like Nazi hunters. The guy, does he <insert enzo description>?" he asks with intensity.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread