Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Licking Our Wounds(Attn: Anyone from "Fruit Hunting")

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Marcus Evan

PRE

Glad to be out of the police station, Marcus looks at his bleary-eyed companions and asks if anyone wants to join him for a beer. "I'll need to call a taxi back to the parking garage first to get my Jeep." Feeling his stomach rumble, he decides food would be a good idea as well. "Maybe we could head over to the Zebra Club? That's a straight shot down P Street from the garage." He looks expectantly at the others to see who will join him.

"Ehhh, I don't know," Brandon says, scratching the back of his neck. "I'm not really much for drinks." Plus, he thinks but does not say, that Hedge trip totally blew. The fewer reminders he had of it, the better, and a night on the town with a couple of Lost was probably going to end up a reminder.
    On the other hand... he has been meaning to get more involved with the Freehold...
    "Unless, I dunno, is anyone else interested?"

Gristlefist smiled statisfied - although his muscles hurt like they were set on fire, he managed - with Marcus' help - to make sure that nothing else happened to them. He made sure that the police hadn't asked too many awkward questions, but their next Hedge-trip (if there was going to be one) shouldn't end the same way, or he'd be running out of explanations.

"Sounds like a good idea - besides, I have your things in my trunk, so you could as well come and get them. I could drive any of you, who decides to skip the Zebra, home."

Nela was still shivering, scared shitless. She barely knew what was going on or why. The police picked her up in the park, and left her in a cell for the night.

None of her prints pulled up any names, and she didn't have any IDs. But they couldn't find any drugs or anything to charge her for, so the had to release her the next morning.

She grips a tattered shawl around herself as she steps, blinking painfully out into the sunlight.

There are monsters outside. There are monsters.
    Her shriek is piercing.

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus walks over to the shrieking woman. Looking about, he sees no immediate threat. He calmly addresses her. "Is that really necessary? So, what's the matter, then? Do you need some help?" He really just wants that beer...

"noooooooOOOOOOO," she rasps, and though her voice sounds like sandpaper from crying all night, it's sandpaper scraping deep in the animal places of your mind. It's unsettling, arousing, and teases your most primal needs. "Don't touch me, don't touch me..." she gasps, backing away until one pathetic heeled shoe snaps and she falls painfully on her backside.

"owwwwwwwwwwww-" she looks like she's on the verge of a breakdown.

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus sighs. Dozy cow... Sitting on his haunches, he takes the broken shoe and attempts to mend it as best he can with a broken paperclip he finds on the sidewalk. The air around him shimmers slightly as he invokes his Contract and leaves a faint oily smell behind. I hope that holds... "Here you are. Do try to be more careful." Standing, he offers his hand to help the oddly attractive girl up from where she had fallen. "I'm Marcus."

Fixing the nutter's shoe

"Whoa, okay. Calm down, calm down," Brandon says, holding his hands out towards Nela. You've got to be fucking kidding me, he thinks. We just get out of the damn drunk tank, and now they're gonna haul us right back in because they think we're molesting this dumbass.
    "Calm down," he repeats. "It's okay... everything's okay."

Marcus isn't the sort of man who knows much about women's shoes, but there's still something old and weird about the one he's holding. Like it belongs to someone a few centuries ago, whereas this young woman clearly does not.

Realizing that she isn't in any immediate danger, Nela calms down a little bit.

"Did my husband send you?" She asks, hesitantly taking Marcus' hand and getting to her feet as she gratefully slips on her repaired shoe.

She's still confused, but she recognizes the police station is the worst possible place for answers.

That voice.. what's.. the- It was hard to concentrate while that girl was shrieking; Gristlefist clutched his eyes shut - as if that would help - and walked over to the girl. After Marcus fixed her shoe and she stopped screaming his head went a bit clearer. "Hey, no your husband didn't send us, although he looked back at the police station I would appreciate it if we settled this somewhere else. Maybe then you could thell us what happened."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread