Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Thyrsus Meeting at the Nature Preserve

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    L

Finding two peopel in a nature preserve probably isn't necessarily all that easy, usually. Thankfully Triquetra had actually thought far enough ahead to consider that. So when she got there with Animus in tow she'd promptly picked a spot near the shoreline. The other Thyrsus that followed should be able to spot their spellcraft easily enough across the water and find them. So long as they had some sort of mage sight up, at least. If not, well...maybe they'd learn to start keeping it up when they were up and about. Not like it wouldn't be a good habit to get into.

For now, she simply waited for them to arrive. She had a light jacket draped across her to ward off the slight chill in the air, and was leaning back into Animus. It was quite comfortable, actually...snuggled into him amongst the trees. She was quite content to pass the time like that while they waited for the rest of their path.

Idun

PRE

Idun arrives wearing a green long sleeve shirt, jeans, and a few accessories like a wristwatch, a copper ring, a crystal necklace, and a backpack that contains her gun, a change of cloths, cell phone, etc. Her hair is currently dyed a dark green and done up in a ponytail. She pauses at the sight of Animus and after a few seconds, turn to look towards Triquetra.

"Am I early?" She can't help but wonder.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

It took him far too long to get back home. How many years has it been since he left Sacramento to study to become a doctor? Oh, sure, he came back from time to time even after the illusion shattered and the chaos and sheer vitality of the Primal Wild nearly drove him crazy. But he was never able to call this city home again. Until now.

He has been back in Sacramento for a week. Now that he was finished with the job and accommodation arrangements he was ready to meet his fellow Shamans. It's not as if Alfar was hiding or avoiding contact so he knew the place where the next Thyrsus meeting would be kept. Well, a general idea at least. Figuring that he would easily find the exact location with mage sight on, he put on his favorite leather jacket, cast Pulse of the Living World and set out.

As he arrives at the nature resort he cannot help but notice how pale it is compared to the wilds of Africa where he honed his skills before returning to the States. Still, it is much better than the dust, the heat and the crowds that modern people have come to call 'civilization'.

It takes him very little time to spot the place where three mages are engaged in conversation. Arriving at the scene he takes a small pause to study the people who follow the same road as he does.

Well, at least the company appears to be well-bathed, tidy and beatiful. Everyone looks well fit and has that sort of natural charm that you often find in Shamans. This should turn out to be a pleasant conversation.

"I assume this is the local meeting of animal lovers and parlor mediums? The name is Alfar, I've just arrived in the city. It is a pleasure to meet you." – with these words he offers everyone a slightly ironic bow. All of them look younger than he does, but with his late Awakening they might all have considerably more experience. So, in order to be reasonably polite and not degrade himself, he has adapted a mixture of irony and respect when speaking to the fellow Awakened.

Cast Pulse of the Living World at home

Kite walks into the preserve in his usual attire: slightly faded jeans, worn sneakers, and a long sleeve brown shirt that looked maybe a size too large. He also wore his faded plaid-green jacket (which had obviously seen better days) and his wooden cane – both of which were slowly becoming his iconic trademarks. Fearing that he might spontaneously end up in another jungle, Kite took the additional precaution of bringing a small bag which he carried around his shoulder. He was still reasonably well-groomed, despite his otherwise casual appearance. However, the dark bags under his eyes, characteristic of someone lacking sleep, were new features for him to bear, and it quickly becomes clear to anyone observing him that Kite is suffering from severe fatigue.

Kite looked about his environment with a slight sense of disdain “Well, if we stay here, there shouldn’t be any bug problem at least…” he mumbled to himself, eyelids drooping. “I still don’t understand why we can’t have this meeting at a restaurant, café, or someplace civilized… like normal people…somewhere with a supply of coffee...”

With his newspaper under his arm, and a large, full coffee cup in hand, Kite looks lazily about, searching for signs of the gathering that is supposed to take place. His scanning misses the location once, but he finally spots several waiting willworkers after a second look through. With a deep sigh and a heavy heart, Kite readjusts his shoulder strap, and then hobbles over to the other four Thyrsus at the shoreline.

Kite casts Third Eye...

L

"Not early, just the first to arrive...besides me and Animus." But that didn't count, she was supposed to show up before everyone else since she'd called the gathering.

Then the other two arrived. One she recognized and one she didn't. But Alfar and Idun, apparently two of the other Thyrsoi in Sacramento liked Norse Mythology. "It is." Her voice was cheerful as she responded to Alfar, energetic. Their surroundings apparently had her in high spirits. "Welcome to Sacramento. I'm Triquetra, a Guardian, and the Thyrsus Councilor." She gave Animus a light nudge with her elbow as she finished speaking. Apparently he was up next for introductions.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

For a long moment Animus sits, eyes closed, the warmth of his girlfriend nestled against him mixing with the sounds and scents of the park. There was just something calming about nature, that put him at ease in a way he couldn't be anywhere else.

But people were arriving.

Eyes flutter open at the voices around him, and he focuses for a moment on putting names to faces before Triquetra's nudge catches him. "Animus, of the Arrow. Nice to see some new blood."

Idun

PRE

Idun glances at each of the new mages that show up and when Animus introduces himself, decides that it's her turn as she was the third to arrive, "I am Idun, an Apostate." She glances at each of the others when they introduce themselves. She is rather curious about the story behind the cane that one of the others sports.

Kite stifles a long, loud yawn before he introduces himself. “My name is Kite, of the Free Council.” he says with drooping eyelids. He takes a large swallow of coffee before he continues “I apologize for my state here today,” he adds, holding his forehead and closing his eyes tightly, as if he is fighting a migraine. “I’ll be ok. It’s just a little insomnia."

L

She almost, almost, pipes up to mention Animus's position when he neglected to. Not that it would be a surprise to most of the people here anyway. But manages to keep her mouth shut just before saying it. Come to think of it, he hadn't told it to her when they'd first met either. So she shrugged and let it pass.

Instead she gave Animus a quick peck on the cheek before rising gracefully to her feet and twirling lightly through the trees. "So here we are, Shamans, Dancers on the Path of Ecstasy...at least that's what they say we are." She shrugs slightly, "I don't think we dance much more than any other path. But we do feel the call of the wild more profoundly than any other path." She paused, face upturned as she breathed deep, enjoying the fresh air of the nature preserve. "Which is why we're meeting here, obviously, I can't really think of a more wild place anywhere near Sacramento." Well, that and she thought it would help Animus relax (which she'd totally been right about) but she didn't need to mention that bit aloud.

"Anyway, I thought we should all meet, get a chance to know each other a bit." After all, out of the five here Animus was really the only other one she'd really spoken too. But Alfar was brand new, so she had an excuse there at least. Still, she couldn't help but look at him and wonder...

"But first; does anyone have any questions, concerns?"

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

After everyone introduces themselves Alfar speaks up.

"Well, I am also an Arrow. I've heard that the Order has quite a presence in this town, it's a pleasure that I'm not the only Shaman in the ranks." - with these words he offers a handshake to Animus. "I hope you can introduce me to the Arrow's Magister. That is, if you are not the man himself." - Alfar speaks in a playful tone careful not to hurt the man's feelings in case he is not exactly on good terms with the Magister. He himself has quite a few problems with authority in normal circumstences. Subordiantion in combat is crucial, but it can easily become counterproductive in peaceful circumstances.

After Triquettra proposes to ask away, he replies with a smile:

"I think I will first hear you out before bombarding you with questions, Triquetra."

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread