Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Reality Bites

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    K
    Kazakin

Derevko pulled the car up outside Hertz's house and ran his fingers through his messy hair. This wasn't getting any fucking easier, and he was just running into wall after wall. He wasn't sure where the investigation was supposed to lead after here, either.

He wasn't giving up. Fuck, no. Derevko was like a dog on the scent when he needed to be, but still. This was... this was infuriating.

"So. We're here. Fuck yes. Let's get going."

The scarred agent walked towards the house, checking for the Crime Scene tape. And the biohazard tape. That hadn't been a fun morning.

Lynx unlatched his seat belt and tried to get out the door after his partner. He couldn't tell if Derevko was motivated or just wanted to get it over and done with. Either way he needed to keep up and do his best to start analyzing the scene. If he wasn't doing his job what good was he? The house itself didn't seem remarkable aside from the police tape. He imagined the details would become more significant inside.

"Right," he responded resolutely, "So this is Dr. Heinz's house. You said before he did some work for the government? What kind of work was that, do you know?" Since they were going to be going through this guy's house it was time to get to know the victim a little better. While they were outside Lynx would look sparingly over the gardening job to see if Donaldson had even been pretending to do the job he was hired on for.

K
    Kazakin

"Hertz,"Derevko corrected, with a bit of a shrug. "All I know about his work is that it involved some sort of bio-tech, and it's classified, so don't ask. I do know that when we found it, there was a serious, serious concern that it might have been contaminated. You ever been in a decon shower? It's not as fun as it looks." The scarred Agent's eyes scanned the area around the house.

"Side door was busted open last time I was here. Probably the best access point. I'll take you down to the basement. That's where the fun stuff is."

Bio-tech? That was suspicious to say the least but no reason to jump to conclusions about it. It was far more likely that Dr. Hertz's profession was unrelated to the mental condition of Donaldson. Still, Lynx couldn't help but be curious about its classification.

"So you don't know, right? What might have been contaminating the basement?" He made a face of discomfort thinking that they might catch some government bio-weapon while sniffing around the basement. Again it was more likely that the place would have been searched top to bottom if government agents were involved...probably.

In any case he followed Derevko around the home to the side door he mentioned and would follow him down into the basement as well.

I
    Irina

The large house looked quite the same as Derevko remembered it: the police cordon remained, flapping in the breeze and the side door was still hanging off its hinges. Apart from this, the house appeared deceptively normal.

The front door was slightly ajar, but that wasn't necessarily anything suspicious - it hadn't been broken into, that much was immediately obvious. It was more likely to be a relic leftover from the bio-hazard team.

K
    Kazakin

"No damn idea," Derevko said, with an irritable shrug. "If I knew that, I wouldn't be in a shitty job like this, I'd be somewhere with a paycheck." The scarred agent headed towards the side door, his gaze flicking over the open front. Cold blue eyes assessed the place. Yeah, he remembered it. Too much.

The smell of the decontamination shower had never quite left him. At least he hadn't puked. He was pretty sure Dullahan had puked his little guts out. Poor kid.

Derevko missed Dullahan.

So, no reason to worry then...right, thought Lynx moodily. He'd probably have far better luck asking the house his questions. If there were answers to this case, the murders, this reason for a normal gardener to feel possessed to kill the 'chosen', they might be here. They were here to observe, to search for a connection that went overlooked. Whoever cleaned up here may have been more concerned with covering up classified evidence then actually solving a murder.

Lynx followed Derevko to the side door that hung open and peered through.

I
    Irina

The inside of large house remained relatively unchanged - it looked like the last people to actually set foot inside the house had been Derevko and Dullahan. A couple of lamps flickered: clearly they had been left on and now the bulbs were starting to wear out. Rather than create an eerie effect, it was more damned irritating and potentially headache inducing.

Dust had started to collect on the floor and the couches - on near every visible surface for that matter. It still looked horribly ransacked as well. Anything the Doctor might have had of value had been grabbed, and by now likely sold for decent money.

The door to the basement still hung open.

K
    Kazakin

Derevko grunted in irritation- and a little disappointment. Nothing new here, then. Maybe it had been a wry hope, but he was starting to feel that his temper was peeling away from the walls at this Goddamn case. He gritted his teeth and sucked in a breath.

"All right then. Downstairs. The basement's where any information would be... we already went through the house with a fine toothed comb."

And the basement too, but fuck. Some things have to be seen to be believed.

The room that the side door opened to said more than any explanation he could have gotten out of Derevko. The house was a husk, carved out from the inside by vagrants and waiting to begin its slow decay. He wondered if anyone would buy the place after it was out of government custody. The realtor would have a hell of a time getting rid of it knowing what had happened here.

Lynx followed along, his eyes darting to each object of interest. This was why they were there, acting detectives searching for clues. "I gotcha," he replied to Derevko to let him know he had heard him.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.