Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Scream For Me (Mortals Only)

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
    I
    Irina

Down one of the many innocuous alleyways in Sacramento stood a crumbling stone building. It was, against all odds, still open despite its apparent dilapidated appearance. A sign hung above the door, its gold lettering proclaiming its name: The Courtyard Hotel.

The sign appeared to have been cleaned until sparkling, in defiance of the dirt across the windows and main door. From the door, which currently hung open, a rounded desk is visible. There isn't a clerk, but presumably the guy or girl is around there somewhere inside.

On the opposite side of the narrow alley is, of all things, a Costco. It's obviously much newer than the hotel and looked to have been built as an afterthought, with little thought to the hotel actually being there.

This evening its rather quiet outside; what activity there is came from latenight shoppers at the Costco. Some people walk past the alleyway with little thought to its existence, a couple more appear to pause before hurrying away again.

But if one listened close enough, they just might hear the echo of a scream.

April was on her way to her 1969 Dodge Charger, which was parked a couple of blocks away from the Costco. She had to stop by the store to pick up some feminine products that evening. She had noticed she was all out only about half an hour ago, and by that time it had been too late. That daunting realization hadn't done much to improve her mood that night, and the cramps weren't helping much either.

Ugh, this is just great. Not the way I wanted to spend my evening...and on top of it all, that asshole hasn't even called me since that evening!

Suddenly, April's thoughts were interrupted by the faint echo of what sounded like a scream. She stopped right on her tracks and turned towards the hotel. Her eyes slowly gravitated towards the sign above the door, and then back to the hotel's main entrance.

Was that...huh? That was odd. Must be my mind playing tricks on me or something. Today just isn't my day.

Driving up toward the Costco was a 1983 Toyota Cressida which appeared to have seen its fair share of mileage along with wear and tear on the paint job. Lynx had been driving it since he left home and hadn't really come into an income that could convince him to trade it in for something better. As long as it kept working he'd keep driving it.

He got out of the car just as April was coming out of the building. When he saw her he grinned and walked towards her calling out as he waved, "April, hey there, toots!" But at the same time he heard the faint echo of a scream from across the alley. He stopped and turned towards it, noticing the hotel for the first time. A little wary he walked the rest of the way to April. "Say, did you just hear that?"

K
    Kazakin

Derevko must have been the only person in the area who wasn't looking for the Costco. He just had an unpleasant habit of not sleeping well, and he couldn't rest. His mind was racing, and his ex-wife had ended up on the phone with him.

Then in the room with him.

Then there had been other physical activities that had resulted in a few bruises and a lot of anger being worked out between the two of them.

They had also ended up breaking the couch in his apartment. That part, he didn't mind so much.

He'd left Grace sleeping in his bed and started walking the streets, trying to work out why he couldn't say no to the damn woman, why he didn't want to throw her out. Maybe it was just because he missed Erik so much. Even if he wasn't going to be winning any father of the year awards. Not after...

This is defeating the fucking point, thinking about her. And Amy.

April turned around as she heard a familiar voice calling her name. Perhaps under different circumstances she would've been much happier to see Lynx, but with the way things were going that evening the best she could do was raise one eyebrow and say, "hey there."

Toots? You don't call and then act like everything is a OK?!?! That's so typical of men!

She frowned slightly at her own thoughts, resisting the urge to say something about him not calling her after the night they had spent together. However, his question distracted her from those thoughts and brought her attention back to the sound she had heard. "Huh? You heard it too?" she asked with a quizzical look on her face.

Maybe I'm not crazy after all...

"It sounded like a scream or something like it," she added as she turned her attention back to the hotel. "Maybe we should call the police or something..."

At her tone and scowl Lynx's investigative instincts told him he was in hot water. He looked at her with a weak smile and his forehead crinkled into an apologetic expression, "Ah, well I thought I heard something anyways..." he stammered, trying and failing to sound cool about it. "But the police don't bother with screams that people 'thought' they heard. If anything they'd just drive by just to say they did it and that'd be that. Who knows, it might be someone at that hotel getting a little excited. I mean, you weren't exactly tight-lipped the other night yourself," he joked playfully, trying to lighten her mood.

As if a cloud passed over them to darken their doorstep, Derevko came around the corner along the sidewalk. Lynx, spotting the familiar and easily recognizable face called out to him, "Hey, pal! Talk about a coincidence, you out enjoying the city life or does SAC Johnson have you on overtime?" Of course the overtime was the joke.

I
    Irina

May I have a Resolve + Composure and and Wits + Composure roll, please?

Rolls
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-26 16:53:21 April Davenport rolls 6 to Wits + Composure (10 Again) 9, 8, 3, 2, 9, 8 4 successes
    2012-01-26 16:52:53 April Davenport rolls 5 to Resolve + Composure (10 Again) 9, 8, 7, 1, 8 3 successes

My Rolls

April's face got red, a mixture of shame and anger, as Lynx mentioned the other evening. She took a couple of steps towards him, ready to slap the man, when suddenly his partner showed up out of nowhere. The girl's angry expression faded slightly, as she tried to put on a happy face for Derevko and pretend like everything was fine.

"Agent Derevko, nice to see you again," she said to him with a forced smile.

Hmmm...are they currently working on something, or is this just a coincidence?

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.