Ended
Watch
51 - 58
DISPLAYED
(1112) Aenigma, Demise & Noctina

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6

Miach

PRE

Miach was used to the quiet buzz of distant conversation, and his mind was focused on the meaning behind the words in the book. He found the mechanism of mitosis fascinating, and a stong symbol, with potential ramifications in the Awakened world. He was thinking of its applicability about threads of the Tapestry when M.Rossi hailed him, offering to join a company of Mysterium and other unknown people he hadn't noticed at first. Putting a bookmark in the book, the tall Acanthus stretched backward for a long instant, before standing and walking to the company.

Hello. How are you all doing ? with a nod at Aenigma, Demise and Noctina. He then shifted slightly to face the other guests at the table, and introduced himself with a confident smile "I'm Miach, doctor at your service.

Kite smiles politely at Demise, still clearly shy. “I’ve… actually have moved around a bit” he says after a moment’s thought. “I’ve been here – er, Sacramento – before, but that was a while ago, before I, well, you know…” he visually demonstrates with his hands clenched at his forehead, then extending them all of a sudden, presumably making a motion of his mind suddenly expanding.

“Um… are you from D.C. too?” His voice betrays honest curiosity, but his eyes occasionally dart between Demise and other members of the table. “I couldn’t help but overhear…” his voice trailed off. Despite his awkwardness, Kite looks slightly perplexed, as if he was expecting something else to happen.

A barely audible, unfamiliar jingle starts to play. Its volume is so low that it is hard to determine exactly where it originates from. Upon hearing it however, Kite suddenly sits up straight as if he was stuck with a pin. Setting his coffee down, he fumbles about his jacket, searching several inside coat pockets before locating his objective. With a look of severe exasperation, he finally removes a small, pre-paid cell phone from his inner coat pocket. After checking the screen to see who was calling, he stands from his chair and walks away a short distance. Though he talks in a whisper, it is still loud enough for others to hear.

“What is it?” he asks, his tone clearly betraying his annoyance. “What are you talking about? I’ve already paid…” he managed to get out before pausing again. The volume of his voice was steadily increasing as his mood darkened. “That is not what we agreed upon” he glowered, his voice had some steel in it this time. “…fine, I am leaving now. We will talk as soon as I get there.”

Kite clicked the button on the phone again, and the conversation ended. Though his back was turned, his aura of frustration was palpable, his spirit clearly darkened. He stops a moment to take a deep breath, and then turns back towards the table. When he finally does so, his face does not reflect any of the anger he had clearly felt before. Instead, he looks depressed, sad, and maybe even a little desperate. “I’m sorry, I have a… situation, I need to deal with” he speaks in a barely audible voice. After taking a moment to gather his things, Kite faces the table one last time, “It was a pleasure meeting everyone.” With that, Kite walks swiftly to the café door.

<<<Kite has left this thread, and has entered the thread 'Meet and Greet 7'>>>

PRE

Gallows watched as Kite continued to spiral into more and more awkward explanations, before running off to answer his phone. There were several times where he wanted to step in and say something--anything--to rescue the man from his own awkwardness, but he found himself incapable. However, Kite seemed quite a bit more capable on the phone, from what little Gallows could hear.

"Take care, then," said Gallows as Kite made his way off. That had been...interesting. "And nice to meet you, Miach ( Bigpaw ). Hopefully your skills won't be as necessary here as they have been in other places I've traveled to, but I find it's always better to go on the side of caution." He extended his hand to be shaken. "I'm Gallows. Used to be a Lictor, currently between useful occupations."

R
    Rosetta

Rose smiles as the Doctor joins the table. "Welcome, Doctor. I'm Rosetta. It's a pleasure to meet you. A toast then? To new friends, old frinds, and a fresh start." She raises her glass.

At Kite's departure, she looks around the room and see's the employees start to close down.
    ooc
    "Looks like our time is nearing an end. It was great meeting you all." She digs around in her bag, pulling out a piece of paper and tears off two pieces. She scribles down a phone number, and e-mail, before handing one to Prospero ( Benji ), and the other to Aenigma ( Jag ). "There's a good chance we'll be working together." she says to Prospero. To Aenigma, "Keep in touch. It's good to see a friendly face in a strange city."

She turns to the others, the mystagogues gathered at the table. She bites her lip, sparing Gallows a quick glance. It was the right thing to do. "I'm a linguist by training. I've done some consulting with Aenigma there on projects before. If you think that sort of expertise will aid your work, have him contact me." She hopes that they get the hint. Or at least that Aenigma remembers how thoroughly she'd studied Atlantean. If she and Gallows were to fit in, they'd have to start somewhere. This little thing, this she could offer.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma watches Kite with some curiosity, but does not say a word.

What a strange fella...

When the man leaves the table as he talks on the phone, the Mystagogue returns his attention to Rosetta and the others at the table. He raises his own drink at her toast, a friendly smile on his face. "Cheers." He takes a sip from it and then sets it down.

Aenigma takes the piece of paper that is offered to him by Rosetta and reads it over, quickly memorizing the information on it before returning the paper to her. "Better not to leave a paper trail. Plus the info is much safer in here," he says as he taps his forehead with his right index finger a couple of times, a sly grin on his face. He then reaches into his bag and hands her a small business card with his contact info on it. "It was a nice surprise seeing you here. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of each other in the near future."

As Rosetta speaks about her skills as a linguist, he just nods as he glances at his fellow Mystagogues, confirming that her information is legit. He could go into explaining it further at a later point, when they were not in a public place.

"It seems like they are gonna be closing down the store down soon." He gestures at the folks shuffling around, getting ready to leave for the day. "I'll be catching you guys later."

With that, he flashes the group one last grin before he collects his bag and his drink and heads for the door.

Aenigma exits the scene

Miach

PRE

Miach seemed troubled by the sudden departure of the man, and looked at the others wondering if they would comment on it. They didn't really seem to link it to his arrival but rather to the near closure of the store. He nodded at Gallows-the-former-lictor and Rosetta-the-linguist, commiting their faces to memory, and toasted along with them.

To new friends and a fresh start. I'm totally behind a toast like that.
    He smiled at the beautiful Rosetta, and raised his drink.

And it looks like we'll be totally beyond schedule if we don't let them close the store... Meh...

L
    LoneRanger

Okay, this is a nice white wine, liqurouous, with a strong body. Hope you enjoy, it is used for toasts and celebration.

I turn with an happy smile to the people in the booth and watch the people going.

telll me Rosa, in the meeting ewith Pulp was there any other... bookworm?.

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread