1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1112) Aenigma & Technique's Table

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

QuoteQuote:
    Technique smirks, taking a sip of his black coffee. "Well, you know. First impressions and all." He looks around, Pulp Noir showed up. The guy had known how to tie one on and party at the Halloween event. "That would be fine. Hey, listen...i havent been able to find you since that day." Oh yeah, he's bringing it up and not even waiting for them to sit down. "I just wanted to apologize. I hope you understand there was a lot of issues right then, and you saw the meeting you two walked into." The Councillor gives a kind of sheepish shrug. He wasnt that great at this whole 'be nice' thing, even when he was sincere.
    Aenigma lets out a soft chuckle at the mention of "first impressions."

My thoughts exactly...

The young Mastigos listens carefully to the words of the Acanthus Councilor. Once Technique has finished saying his piece, Aenigma nods in response. "I understand, and that's exactly what I wanted to talk to you about." He offers a friendly smile. "I accept your apology, and would like to offer one to you in return. I know you were just doing your job, and like you said, Noctina and I just happened to have terrible timing..."

He laughs a little louder this time and then takses a sip from his latte. Good timing was not one of the hallmarks of those that awoke within the realms of Pandemonioum, if anything that was something Acanthi were blessed with.

"Back in Washington, D.C. our...organizations had a good working relationship. I just want to make sure that is the case here as well." The Mystagogue takes a brief pause, assessing Technique's reactions to his words. "So I wanna make sure there are no hard feelings, and that we can assist each other in the future."

Technique

Tech is visibly relaxed as they move into not only more puns, but business as...wait, what? A working relationship? He sits down at the table in the booth, sipping at the coffee. Thatd be nice, for once. He regards Aenigma for a moment, deciding better than to bring up Tyrias recent departure. "Of course, there is always a necessity for cooperation. Im glad that we are both amenable to looking past this torrid affair. Here," he says, rummaging through his suit jacket - this time, pulling out a business card instead of a gun. He sets it on the table and slides it over to Aenigma. "Thats a cell phone that i cant guarentee isnt tapped. And an email, but assume that can be read too." He reaches into his jacket again, pulling out something metal, ducking it under the table for a second....and then laying it on the table. Its a flask, with thorned roses engraved on the metal. Quietly, he says, "Bourbon. Sorry....Legacy thing." He slides it forward, "Care to indulge? Midday is as good as ever, right?" He smiles, taking a sip of the now-Irished coffee.

not making it totally obvious
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-12-14 11:16:28 Technique rolls 5 to Dex + Larc (10 Again) 9, 10, 6, 5, 1, 10, 3 3 successes

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma smiles and nods in agreement. "Thank you," he says as he accepts the card that is offered to him. He studies it for a moment and then puts it away in one of his pockets. "I am glad we understand each other..."

Wow, this guy is extremely paranoid! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he hangs around a Mastigos Guardian...or maybe this city is not as safe as my mentor originally thought? It can't be worse than DC though...or can it?

He pulls out a small business card and hands it to Technique. On it there's an email address and phone number, and it has the name "Bobby A. Enigma" written on it. "I'll keep that in mind; after all, one can never be TOO careful."

As Technique offers him a drink, his first thought is to decline it. However, the young Mystagogue figures that if he is to have a good working relationship with the Arrow, he needs to be in good terms with him. Now that they had put the past behind them, what better way to do that than sharing a drink with the guy?

Aenigma offers him a friendly smile. "I guess my chai could use a little Bourbon." He lets out a soft chuckle as he pours some of the flask's contents into his own cup. "Thanks!"

The boy takes a sip from his now spiked latte. His eyes suddenly get wider as he is pleasantly surprised by the mixture in his cup. "That's actually pretty good."

Technique

He chuckles, taking another sip. "You can thank the Irish for that one. So, tell me, hows Curator O'Falley treating ya?"

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

"So far I've got no complaints." He flashes a sly grin and then takes another sip. "Haven't had much of a chance to talk to him outside of the whole business thing, but he seems like a nice guy."

Suddenly a thought struck him.

"You haven't heard anything about a shooting outside the museum, have ya?" He takes a brief pause as he studies the Acanthus' reaction to this question. "Not too long ago, someone got shot right outside...well, I'm not sure if he got shot somewhere else, but he walked in bleeding all over the place. He was rushed to the hospital, and one of my associates said it was a gunshot wound."

Aenigma doubts Technique was behind the shooting, even though the thought crosses his mind for a split second. He is more interested in learning if the Arrow has any information that may help him with his investigation. Even if he didn't have any info, now at least he knew about it and would probably pass that along to his own associates. After all, there was only so much the Mystagogue could do, and fighting potential gunslinging enemies of the Concilium wasn't exactly his forte.

Technique

"A Shooting? Really?" Somehow he looks disturbed that someone besides him might be firing guns off outside the Museum. "I haven't heard anything about it. Do you want me to find a Talon to assist in your investigation?"

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma nods his head slightly. "I was just as surprised when I found out." The Mystagogue glances around the room for a moment, just to keep an eye out for any prying eyes or ears.

Hmm, while the book the man was carrying is strictly a Mysterium matter, whoever was behind the shooting may be a bigger threat to the Concilium as a whole. There's no reason why an Arrow can't help with this; some information will be kept on a need to know basis of course...

"You know, an extra helping hand is not a bad idea." He smiles at Technique. "I still have to learn the details of what actually happened, but I think the man that was wounded was a courier of sorts." He takes a brief pause. "Perhaps someone was trying to intercept the package he was to deliver?"

A Seer, a Banisher...maybe something worse? If that's the case, I can't handle that on my own...and I doubt the rest of my team would be of much use in a fight either...wait, is his paranoia rubbing off on me? Geez...I gotta stop with this pessimism! Then again...better to be safe than sorry, right?

Technique

"It's a possibility. If someone has enough stones to attack that guy, then they might not hesitate to attack members of the Mysterium looking into it." Right now, Tech was reticent to admit that he had not had the foresight to learn more Space magic from Ariadne. That way, he might be of more immediate help. "I will find someone to assist you as immediately as i can. That is, of course, if you believe this a threat worthy of pursuing?"

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma takes a sip from his drink before responding. "Well, I wouldn't want to bother your associates until I know more about the situation." He pauses for a moment. "You are right though, it may be dangerous for those of us looking into it, but I'd hate to bother you with something that may not be an immediate threat."

The Mystagogue takes another sip from his drink, savoring the mixture of alcohol and spices. "I have a way to contact you now, so I can keep you in the loop as to what I find out and send you a message in case we are in need of assistance." He smiles at the Acanthus Councilor. "Thank you for the offer nonetheless."

This is the first step towards mutual cooperation. I just wish that everyone would see the value in the Pentacle working together as a cohesive unit. Its not only the way its meant to be, but is the only way we will thrive over those who wish to see the Pentacle fall.

Technique

"Of Course. If you come across anything else where you think the Ungala Draconis, do not hesitate to call. The Arrow stands ready to fulfill our Consillium duties." Technique gives a small wave and nod as Pulp Noir goes by. The Councillor polishes off the last of his drink,already itching for a smoke and another Irish'd Coffee. However, he is able to finagle this into a more cohesive social grace than atleast their Magister normally pulled. "I need a smoke." He says, standing up with a smile, but eyeing the door with just a hint of glee.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread