Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
La Riviera Shooting Range (Sticky)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Jennifer Hazelton

La Riviera shooting range resides in a business park in the district that bears it name; sharing the Parking Lot with Big 5 Sporting Goods and a Thrift store. The front of the store is glass; but backed with metal bars. The sign on the door promises that you can shoot from 10 - 5 on week days and 10 - 8 on Friday and Saturday.

The staff tends to range between two to three knowledgeable sales people who would like to sell you one of their fine guns. They have a dozen pistols that you can rent for about 8 dollars a pop.

12 lanes are available for rent; although it seems like one of them is always down some time or another.

The Range serves for a good place to talk about your amendment rights and mask the Vigil with friendly competition. As hearing protection has to be worn in the shooting range area; its more likely to find a quiet corner and pretend to be comparing hunting knives if you came to share advice with another hunter.

April drives up to the shooting range, hoping to get her mind off her studies for a bit and just relax a little. She is carrying the revolver her father gave her, hoping that she will get to practice a bit with it. After all, what good was it to carry it around if she didn't know how to use it properly?

While she is still in the parking lot, she pulls out her phone and shoots a quick text to the boy she had met during the first day of class ( Anubis ).

Hopefully he shows up. It would be nice to hang out with someone, and maybe he can teach me a thing or two.

After she sends the message she steps out of her car, but waits by the door, hoping to get a reply from him before heading inside.

April's phone vibrates in her pocket. She pulls it out, reads the text message and then puts it away. After that, she grabs her purse from her car, which has the revolver her father gave her inside.

I guess I may as well get started while I wait for him.

After grabbing her purse she heads inside. She feels a bit strange about being at a shooting range by herself, since back in DC she would always go with her dad. Her eyes scan the room curiously, as she studies some of the merchandise being sold at the place. After a few minutes of walking around she finally calls out for someone.

"Hello?"

April can't help but feel a little nervous, this being her first time at this establishment and also the first time in months that she has been to a shooting range. Would she be able to still handle a gun? She was by no means an expert, but her father had taught her some of the basics. There was only one way to find out if she had retained some of that knowledge...

I
    Irina

The bell, attached to a spot above the door, jingled suddenly as it opened again. There was a brief, cold draft that quickly dissipated once the newcomer closed the door behind him. He was quite tall and, though he is currently wearing an overcoat the broadness of his shoulders hinted at the possibility of muscle tone beneath the winter clothing.

The man paused in the doorway and raised a hand to absently run his fingers through his hair as he peered around. He looked pretty uncertain himself, as though he were suddenly wondering what in heck he was doing at a shooting range.

Realising belatedly that he wasn't actually alone, the man nodded at April. "Good afternoon," he greeted. His voice, perhaps surprisingly, is softer and more polite than his current grizzled appearance might have suggested. "... Seems pretty quiet," he added awkwardly.

If he was wearing a cap, he would probably be twisting it in his fingers.

April turns to the man, slightly startled by him at first. "Oh, hi there!" She offers him a gentle smile. "I didn't see you come in. Do you happen to work here by any chance?" She asks as she glances around the place for a moment. "I arrived not too long ago, but haven't seen any of the employees...which is a little odd."

The girl takes a moment to study the newcomer's body language. After all, one cannot be too safe, and she is all alone in this place.

Empathy, 3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-03 07:40:24 April Davenport rolls 5 to Wits + Empathy to get a feel for the new guy (10 Again) 8, 8, 8, 3, 4 3 successes

I
    Irina

"Me? God no," the young man responded, and laughed slightly as if the thought genuinely tickled him. There's absolutely nothing in his demeanour to suggest there's any sort of pretence about him, in fact he looks completely open and honest.

"I don't work here. This is my first time here; a friend told me I needed a hobby." He shrugged vaguely, and indicated the car park outside. "There are a few cars outside, I assume they're employee vehicles."

As if on cue, there's a rustling from the backroom, as if someone has only just realised there are people in the main shop area.

He extended a hand toward April. "The name's Samuel Adams."

April laughs a bit at the man response. "Yeah, its my first time here too." She extends her own hand to meet the man's. "Nice to meet you Samuel. My name is April Davenport, but April is just fine." She smiles sweetly at the man. "So do you go by Sam or Samuel?"

She turns to the sounds of rustling in the back room, before turning back to Samuel. "I think they just noticed they have customers." April lets out a soft chuckle.

L
    Lorique

The sound of gunfire can be heard from the range, singles shots with space between them denoting someone taking time between shots to aim.

Rafe had been there for about 30 minutes, the .45 caliber casings scattered on the ground around him. The old Colt M1911 was steady in his hand as he squeezed off the last round of the magazine, and took out the clip. He began filling it, and the spare magazine absentmindedly as the target came rushing towards him. He hadn't been to a public shooting range in years, and his only real practice had come from the test facilities at work. But he didn't want to go there after the last incident there, it reminded him too much of his failures.

The other lanes were empty, and he'd actually thought about renting out the whole place so he could be alone, but it wasn't really an issue it seemed. The target came up to him, and he took it down, replacing it without really looking at the hits, and sending it back down to the 25 yard mark.

I
    Irina

A slightly harried looking man materialised through the door, and he closed and locked it behind him before turning around to actually acknowledge the two customers. When he did finally switch his attention from the back room to April and Samuel, it was with an assessing gaze that seemed quite at odds with his bedraggled appearance.

"Can I help you with anything in particular?" he questioned pleasantly enough.

I
    Irina

Gently, Samuel took the offered hand and gave it a quick shake before drawing back. "It's good to meet you, April. Samuel is fine," he answered, and inwardly hoped - as he always did when it came to introductions - that there was no sardonic comment about his name also being a beer.

He could easily have changed it at some point, to avoid the comments or jibes, but it was his name, for better or worse.

He glanced sidelong at the... representative? Owner? and gave a friendly smile in greeting. "After you," he gestured for April to go before him, since she had been first in the queue.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last