Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1111) Adam and Brenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

NOS
    PRE

"Have I been here long..." Brenn repeated her voice trailing off as she caught sight of Roxie Hart and her entourage, the Haunt frowning at the sight of a leashed Jillian. She blinked and then turned her attention fully back to Adam.

"Not so long. Somewhere around a year, I'd have to say, but I've kept a somewhat...low profile," she explained, hovering a hand at waist height to illustrate her point. "Still, though, let me offer another 'welcome to the Domain' to you. I have to say that I find it decently intriguing that you came here, though, even with the strong Invictus presence. What city do you originally hail from?"

I
    Irina

Adam followed Brenn's gaze, and an eyebrow quirked at the sight of the new arrivals. His only concession to the uniqueness of the display is a brief smile, before he returned his full attention to the Haunt.

"I find it's sometimes handy to keep a low profile, until one gets the lay of the land,"
    he conceded, with a small nod. "I came to Sacramento from New York, " the Daeva shrugged lightly. "Although it wasn't any particular intent that brought me here, I admit. My Sire was simply moving on and I felt it was time to wander on my own, in a different direction."

NOS
    PRE

"Interesting, if you don't mind my saying, although I suppose I should also comment on your good choice. Compared to many of California's cities, Sacramento has benefited from a cordial, beneficial, and, up until recently, a largely peaceful Domain. It has its flaws, as all Domains do, but it's one I'm rather fond of...I'm not sure if the reciprocal is also true, but what's new," Brenn finished with a jaunty shrug.

I
    Irina

"I must admit, Sacramento is the first Californian city I've actually visited," Adam responded, and shrugged in a casual manner. "Have you had the opportunity to travel much?" He tended toward the belief that neutral, simple topics were a good idea with brand new people. At least until he had a better feel for the conversation.

That and he was genuinely interested.

NOS
    PRE

"Um...no, actually. I've only left California's soil on a few occasions. I've always been somewhat of a homebody in that regard. I learn to love the cities I dwell in and any place else just seems...foreign, uncomfortable. Besides, there's great diversity in cities, they're worlds unto themselves, so vast one could never get to fully know a city even if they dwell in it till their dying day, and that's one reason why I'm not remiss about my lack of traveling. Which is...somewhat ironic, because I tend to think of myself as a citizen of the world," Brenn explained, a small grin twisting her hare-lip in twain.

I
    Irina

"Oh, they're definitely a world unto themselves," Adam responded agreeably. "Particularly once you get past the simple surface, and down to the real nitty grittier parts," the Daeva added enthusiastically. His Sire knew more about that than he did, but he had been aware enough to get by and know where and where not to tread.

"I find it fascinating how one place can be so different from another, and on and on..."

"Nitty gritty, huh? Tell me, have you lived in many cities from the level of the street? And I don't mean simply standing on the street, I mean existing off of the street, just like a scavenger living in the woods. You've never really known a city until you've see it through the eyes of the destitute, those forced to wander in an urban labyrinth without a home, without a hope, and without a way to cope...beyond simple survival that is. It's only when you peer at a city through those eyes that you truly get a measure of its jungle...You should try it sometime, ya know" she finally added, a deliberate afterthought.

I
    Irina

Adam listened intently as the Nosferatu spoke, providing her views on city life. She had a point- it was incredibly difficult to know and understand different facets of a city, until one had experienced it themselves. An expression of faint bemusement crinkled his otherwise personable features at her last comment. His head cocked to one side and for a couple of seconds he simply waited to see if she would have anything to add.

"I find it quaint that you assume I haven't," the Daeva responded frankly but politely. "It's strange that you would be so quick to judge a book by its cover."

NOS
    PRE

"Strange? How is it strange? It's a rather popular phenomenon from what I've seen," Brenn returned with a horrid grin. "Besides, I would say that it's probably very rare for an Invictus member from New York to have come from such a background, but if you are the exception to the rule, then I apologize for being presumptuous."

I
    Irina

Hm.

Adam's expression remained pleasantly neutral as he scrutised the female Nosferatu, and he responded a few seconds after she had fallen silence. "Popular phenomenon shouldn't necessarily be followed by the masses," the Daeva commented succinctly. "A very good friend of my Sire is a Haunt, he rather taught me that his Clan tended not to presume based on appearance."

His voice remained carefully curious, not wanting to offend but interested in how Brenn might be unusual as a Nosferatu in this respect.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread