Ended
Watch

Back in the Sacramento Groove

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    K
    Kazakin

Stefan paced the grass of the Tur restlessly, thinking over the news he was carrying. He was certain of only two things. Thing number one was that he'd done his level best, when he'd been in a situation where he wasn't so great or knowledgable about stuff. But he had done his best, and he figured he'd done as well as could be asked in a situation where he'd had to try and drag the conversation along.

Thing number two was that the likelihood of someone punching him in the face when he told them the conclusion was pretty much one hundred and ten percent.

The Cahalith's gaze flickered towards the Moon.

Luna, I gotta do my damn best. If they tear my throat out, let it be quick.

L

Perhaps the worst part about having to go straight from the office to werewolf business this time of year was that, after dark, it quickly got rather chilly to be standing around outside in a skirt. But, as the clicking of her heels on pavement gave way to the more muffled sound as she stepped onto grass, she figured that she'd suffered through much greater discomforts as a result of her lyncanthropy.

Every once and a while she still sat bolt upright out of bed clutching at her chest. Despite not even a scar remaining.

Almost as though the echo of the injury still lingered she found herself tugging lightly at the jacket of her suit as she walked into Stefan's field of view. Once she does, though, she can't help but adopt a slight teasing smile. "Now, you better be here to tell us about more than all the beach bunnies you met...but phone numbers score you extra credit."

Kevin Swift

PRE

It takes Kevin a bit to find a parking spot, before turning the engine off, he takes out the CD within the stereo and puts it back into its case. With the exterior lights going off, the interior ones come on. Kevin grabs his jacket sporting a red wolf on it before stepping out of the car. He quickly puts it on before closing the car door, not before locking the door though. With the keys in his jacket's pocket, Kevin heads for Tur, where they'll be meeting concerning the temporary pack's discovery in LA.

"Hello Stefan. Err... have we met? I'm Kevin, Kevin Swift." The Itheaur says as way of introduction.

PRE

The next Uratha to enter the Tur slowly made his way towards the gathered group with calm and confident walk, the hint of a genuine smile on his face. Dressed in a simple pair of blue jeans and a retro New England Patriots long sleeve sweater, he somehow manages to make the outfit look damn good. His face sports a five o'clock shadow that half hides a scar on his left cheek but not the amused expression that forms when his eyes catch the sight of the heels his fellow Elodoth was wearing.

Arriving at the group he greets the three other Uratha with a genuine smile. "Good evening" he remarks before glancing at Chantay for a second. "Nice power suit."

K
    Kazakin

Two Alphas. They're taking this seriously. Stefan thought, even as Slick cracked a joke. He flashed his electric smile. "Sorry. The only number I got was for this huge hairy Viking guy at the Tur, and he was one of us." He pulled out the business card. "Mr. Ulfurson. He knew some stuff about our problem though." The Cahalith Storm Lord pup folded his arms across a newly muscular chest. He'd been working out. He just felt weird.

"You're not gonna like this guys. We didn't like it when we figured it out. This thing... it's got a problem with Uratha. We're part of it. Every Auspice, I think, gives it trouble. So we all need to be present to take it out. Problem... well, the problem is, that there's another option than just 'what Auspice are you'. There's the 'No-Auspice' option,"
    Stefan delivered, holding his chin up. In case they decided to attack him for what he was about to say. "The only way to get this thing to come out of the crevice so we can fight it, weaken it... we need at least one Pure there with us. Or we're screwed before we start."

If they flip or Kuruth, I can't rely on Kevin. But Slick's wearing heels. That'll hamper her for a moment. So I'll try and take the other Alpha on first to protect my hide.

Fuck, I hope I don't have to do that. I'm just a pup, for fuck's sake.

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

Half rushed in to the tur having parked his Corolla haphazardly, and stopped just inside it to breath. The Ithauer looks quiet the mess, his wet hair toss all over the place and his shirt half tucked in to his jeans, and a long red splotch of just barely dry pain down an old jean jackt. He knows he is late but he makes not excuses, only nodding his greeting and settling back to listen. He hopes he hasn't missed much.
    Tim "Half souled" Wakefield : Ithaeur Iron Master: Wisdom 2 cunning 1 : Striking looks 2 (Eyes) Presence 3 (Country boy)

Technique

A bright headlight flashes through the parking lot, accompanied by the load roar of a motorcycle. Its soon parked and turned off, with Starflower, sans helmet, jumps off and starts a quick jog towards the other wolves. He felt embarrased - his daily praisings to Luna when she peaked the horizon had run too long, and he had lost track of time. Hes wearing a pair of oil-stained jeans, combat boots, and a biker jacket. Its the same one he wore at Tur - with ACB written across the top, and Wilkins along the bottom, in bright white lettering. He nods to the other wolves, glad to see a turnout for the information. "Slick." He says in greeting to his Alpha, the only person he felt worthy of a voiced welcome. He only catches the last part of Stefan's information, however, pissed he missed the entire point of the night. "The Pure have already tried their hand at containing this thing. They might be more amenable to working with us than we suspect."

Firebringer

PRE

A dark form detaches itself from a nearby group of trees, before rapidly shifting into the shape of a man as Matthew approaches the group. "I've seen that thing firsthand, and the unnatural state it forces on its servants. If allying ourselves with the Anshega", the word comes out with a snarl of distaste, "is what it takes to stop it, so be it."

K
    Kazakin

Stefan felt a bead of tension leeching away as Matthew appeared. His Alpha was someone he instinctively trusted. No- if there was a fight, he wasn't alone. That was all he cared about. He had a packmate with him.

"It's not so much the containing bit that bothers me," he said, after a moment. "Look, okay- they might work with us. I mean, they're not stupid. If they realise we can only beat this thing together, they'll... I assume they'll listen to reason. The problem is what happens afterwards. I doubt they'll just walk away and give us all a slap on the back, then push off over the river."

PRE

The Pup mentions working with the Pure and suddenly in the back of Matt's mind the Pixies begin to play, as if he were watching the world slowly starting to fall apart in slow motion. The Pure. Working with the Pure. The Cahalith was completely serious and it showed on his face but Matthew Kelly had never, ever wanted someone to be wrong more than he wanted Stefan Anderson to have drawn the wrong conclusion. The most human parts of his soul prayed that it was simply a mistranslation, that maybe the new guy had forgotten to carry the 1 or hell maybe divided by zero. The emotional part of his mind backed away from the suggestion as if it were a piece of spoiled and rotting meat. It wanted nothing to do with the idea.

The Elodoth, ever dispassionate and even, stepped in. Up to that point Matt's face had been a mask but when the Half Moon side of his soul takes charge, the mast breaks slightly as an ironic smile appears and seems to find the joke in the whole situation. The face of the Comedian seems to accept that Fate has a sick sense of humor. It reminds emotional Matt of this, replays the fight on the bridge from last year, when the old HOG had bailed out a Pack of Pure locked in combat with a group of Magath. The Magath had gone down easy, too easy. It had always been there in the back of his mind but now the Elodoth forced the emotional parts of him to acknowledge this fact.

"They might listen to reason or they might just want the chance to hunt something powerful, maybe their egos will be make them think they're saving us or maybe it'll be viewed as a chance to send some of their deadwood to die in battle." The Elodoth shrugs. "Our biggest challenge will be preventing them from seeing our complete defensive capabilities and maybe even preventing a strike while we're focused on the Gardener."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.