Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Trinkets

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar turned to his fellow Darkling ( Aeolus ).

"I think I found something," he said as he shook the filing cabinet again. "I'm gonna try to pick this lock. Keep an eye out and make sure that cat thing doesn't do anything weird."

The Tunnelgrub reached into his pocket and pulled out what looked like jury-rigged lock-picking tools. He began working on the filing cabinet's lock, focusing on getting the damn thing open.

3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-15 20:24:49 Degnar rolls 8 to Dexterity + Larceny + Spec + 1 (Lockpicks) to pick the lock on filing cabinet (10 Again) 3, 2, 5, 7, 10, 9, 6, 6, 8 3 successes

After a few moments of poking and prodding with his picks, Degnar feels something within the lock move with an audible click. Opening the drawer, he finds a snow globe the size of a large grapefruit.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

The Darkling reached into the drawer and retrieved the snow globe. After inspecting it for a moment, Degnar turned to Llilian ( Aeolus ) showing her what he had found.

"If I remember correctly, this matches the description of what the Queen told us to look for," he said to her as he held the trinket in his wiry hands.

Lilian looked at the globe, then at the cat and back at Degnar. "Are you sure? This seemed almost too easy.."

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar shrugged nonchalantly. "I guess...well, I could check to see if there's something weird going on," he said to his fellow Darkling. He then closed his eyes as he focused his will and tried to get a sense of anything supernatural nearby.

that's a wasted WP...LOL
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-19 07:18:31 Degnar rolls 7 to Clarity to "spidey sense" (Kenning) (10 Again) 5, 6, 7, 3, 6, 5, 3 failure

After concentrating for a few seconds, the Tunnelgrub opened his eyes back up and shook his head.

"Nope, nothing at all...so I think we are good to go; unless there's something else you want to do here?"

Both changelings hear metal scraping against metal as the hatch opens on the robotic kitty's underbelly and a large rat climbs out.

"And just where do you think you two are going? Why don't you just go ahead and put that right back where you found it?"

The really strange thing isn't that the rat is talking to them, but that it has a small revolver in each hand and is pointing them both at the changelings.

"Trust me, you'll thank me when you find out who you were trying to rip off."

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar turned towards the robotic kitten as heard the metallic sound. The poor Darkling almost jumped as he was startled by the talking rat that came out of it.

A rat? Really?!?! How ironic is that? I usually have those for breakfast...but this one is armed...huh?

"Umm, we weren't trying to rip anyone off...this trinket belongs to our Queen. We were just retrieving it so it can be returned to its rightful owner," said the Darkling to the talking rat. "If we were here to steal stuff, why would we only take this?" He raised the snow globe in front of the rat so the little fella could get a better look at it.

"I mean, I'm sure there are a lot more valuable things here, but we only came for this. Besides, we don't even know whose place this is! We were just told that we could find our Queen's trinket here."

3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-19 09:04:05 Degnar rolls 6 to Wits + Subterfuge + Mantle bonus to "I swear we don't know who lives here!" (10 Again) 3, 2, 4, 8, 8, 10, 2 3 successes

ST Edit: 2 suxx

Lilian quickly looked at Degnar from the corner of her eye; That guy lied as naturally as fish swim. I'm best of never forgetting that.
    But the talking rat almost immediately had her attention back. Those revolvers probably pack more punch than one would them give credit for., she thought. Similar to Degnar, she would be more comfortable if this didn't end in a fight, so she decided to let Degnar talk for now - she wasn't exactly stellar with people, who knew how her "charme" would effect the rat?

The shrewd rodent cocks his head and squints an eye at Degnar.

"Is that right? So, you didn't know that this Hollow belongs to the former King of the Autumn Court... That sounds like something your Queen would have told you... If she was the one who really sent you. You say Queen Byeli sent you? Prove it."

The rat looks Degnar up and down and notices the cold breeze that blows around the Winter Courtier. A seed of doubt takes root in his mind and begins to grow.

"I mean, you Winter lot don't keep secrets like that from each other, do you? Maybe ya do. Tell ya what, swear that you'll return it to it's rightful owner and you can both be on your way."

I smell a rat... and it's me.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-23 06:33:46 ST rolls 6 to Wits+Subterfuge (10 Again) 4, 5, 8, 3, 9, 2 2 successes

ST Edit: Degnar's Rigid Mask

"Well, she said that an old colleague of hers had the trinket...I guess that could've meant a former monarch, but I didn't make that connection until you mentioned it," said the Darkling to the rat and then shrugged. "Maybe Queen Byeli had her reasons for keeping that information to herself, but like I said before, we are not thieves. I have no issues with what you have proposed," he added.

Now let's just hope the Queen didn't lie and this actually belongs to her...

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread