Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Trinkets

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

A rare smile formed across the Darkling's face as he noticed the darkness on the other side. While their mission may have been a dangerous one, there was something in the darkness that Degnar found deeply comforting, for reasons that were perhaps unknown even to himself.

He peeked through the gate, hoping that he would get a better sense of what was on the other side.

Perception

The darkness beyond the gate is impenetrable- more than the absence of light, this is ancient shadow, that which existed before the sun was born. Its really, really dark, is what I'm saying. It doesn't have any effect on sound, though, and in the next word, there is the faint whine of a motor whirring and, every few seconds, a dull thud.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar turned back to Lilian and whispered.

"It's impossible to see anything on the other side...but I can hear something that sounds like some sort of machine in there."

The Darkling shrugged and then gestured for his companion to follow his lead, as he moved through the gate slowly attempting to avoid making too much noise.

Here goes nothing...

Stealth

Lilian, please roll Dex+Stealth as well if you're following.

sneak after Degnar's response; 2 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-12-09 03:34:18 Lilian rolls 6 to sneak (Dex 3 + Stealth 3) (9 Again) 4, 8, 7, 2, 2, 9, 3 2 successes

Lilian nodded slowly. She couldn't share Degnar's smile, since she had never witnessed such a.. hungry darkness as this.

"How do we navigate in this darkness?" Lilian wispered.

ooc

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar noticed his fellow Darkling seemed to be a bit uncomfortable. He was not exactly sure of what to say, and having spent a decade underground after his escape with minimal social interaction had not done much for his people skills. Yet he felt it was his responsibility to say something that sounded reassuring to Lilian.

"It won't be easy; but when our eyes fail us, we must listen."

Those weren't exactly the most reassuring words, but that's all he could come up with in the spur of the moment. He was too focused on the noises coming from the unnatural darkness.

What the heck is it?

Degnar took a couple of steps forward as carefully as he could. He turned back towards Lilian and whispered.

"Stay close. At least we'll be harder to spot in this darkness..."

Degnar seemed sure about this, so Lilian just nodded again and followed him.

The two Winter courtiers move into the cloying darkness and the gate closes behind them. The dull sound misses its regular beat as the pair enter, but resumes several seconds later, though it sounds as though its moved from its original location. It is immediately apparent that if they are to find Katrin's trinket, they'll need to find a way to illuminate their surroundings. The motor seems to be ahead of the pair, somewhere in the overwhelming shadow.

Moving through this darkness is difficult. Choose a destination- the dull metal thumping or the motor. Then roll Perception individually- that's how far you get to your destination this turn. Once both of you have rolled for a turn, stop and wait for me-I'll let you know when you've reached it. Each turn you roll Perception and thus, move, roll (number of turns) in dies, starting at a chance die, then 1 full die, then 2 dice, etc.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

As Degnar listened to the sounds in the room, he decided to head towards the motor.

Sooner or later I'm gonna have to find a source of light...no matter how much I dislike the idea.

OOC

Perception; 1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-12-12 01:48:20 Lilian rolls 5 to navigate (10 Again) 3, 4, 1, 1, 8 1 success
      Chance Die; 4
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-12-12 01:50:52 Lilian rolls 1 to obey the ST (Chance) 4 failure

Lilian tried to grab Degnar's arm, but it was too late - her clutching hand found only darkness.
    Okay, no problem. Just stay calm. The thumping surely needs something to power it.. I think finding the motor is a good first step - well, that and finding some light..

Lilian turned her head slightly so that she could make out the direction where the motor lies better and moved carefully towards it.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread