Adonia de Vaca sits comfortably in a small internet cafe in the National Airport, Washington DC. Everything is squared away for her flight: Eleanor has purchased a ticket for herself, luckily both leaving DC and arriving at their destination in the dark. Nevertheless, Adonia is not traveling first class.

She is traveling in cargo.

As a cat.

Until then, she has approximately one hour to log in, check her e-mail, make the proper reply, and get into the pet carrier for her ghoul to check into baggage. Inconvenient, but necessary. It is much less expensive that way, anyhow. Even so, an Elder's mood isn't easily swayed. Lady de Vaca has fondly watched this country ambitiously become what it is today, and has not abandoned it yet.

Her mood is lifted, however, when she sees a new reply from Dillon in their joint Google account. Curiously, he had apparently actually used the 'reply' feature, and been in such a hurry that he'd left her previous message attached. Adonia raises an eyebrow at that. Not like it was particularly rude, or any such thing, but very unlike Dillon. She could already tell that he had something on his mind.

Quote Originally posted by Adonia de Vaca:
Dearest Dillon
Thank you for your reminder of the hemispheres. I forget such knowledge, as of course, when I was young, we still assumed the world was flat. I kid, but the point is: I will remain a citizen of this amazing country until the end of winter, at least. One more season as an American, but certainly not my last.

I am interested to hear more of this bird trick, as you put it, and how that it may be similar to ours. Should you need my assistance, I will try to make myself available to you.

Finally, and unfortunately, the trail of Corbin Blackthorne is cold in Washington DC. Even as receptive as the people here have been, reluctance to speak freely of him is abundant. Which, I suppose, is definitive enough evidence that he was here recently, at least.

My concern grows, but I am not yet alarmed. There are other places to search. Unless you desire my presence, I will take it upon myself to do that. I am more than curious at what could be keeping Corbin so silent.

As always, prayers for your well-being are in my thoughts.

Until the last dance,
Adonia de Vaca
My lady de Vaca,
Apologies for my lack of a prompt response. It isn't neglect of you so much as it is not neglecting my duties, here. So much to tell, but this is not the place to do it. Needles to say: Sacramento is eventful.

Our family grows. The new relatives are, so far, exemplary. They made a much better first impression on the company's Executive Board than a few unfortunate new-hires, who I won't discuss here. Needless to say, you should look up Miss Myah Torsione if you're ever in the area. The two of you would get along, I think.

Details on that magic trick have been delayed, but I will share what I can, when I can. I may need some personal instruction, soon, and am willing to meet you halfway, if you're up for it.

Thank you for searching for Corbin. If he is pulling some big prank, checking this e-mail still, and letting us sweat things out, I will leave my mark on him.

I don't mean to be unpleasant. I'm actually doing quite well. Your thoughts are well recieved and returned in kind, but know that the majority of the people here are very friendly.

The best of me, I learned from you,
Dillon Connery

My, my...

Adonia feels a small surge of pride and stab of jealousy, which she examines with calm detachment. No, more like amusement. Dillon had achieved some of the confidence that she knew would become him. It only took the absence of his Coterie Mate Elders to bring it out in him.

Threatening to claw Corbin for his lack of correspondence! Self-assured, indeed.

Adonia is unsure if she would ever be so bold as to draw her claws on Corbin in anger. Defense, perhaps, of her Requiem, or for Dillon's, but probably not anger. It was not worth the risk. For Dillon, though, she would risk much. She had diablerized for him, once. But that was long ago, and a well-kept secret. Corbin, however monstrous and uncouth he had been, however vicious, ruthless, and dominant; he had always been trustworthy to Adonia. And especially trustworthy to her Childe. She is more concerned at Blackthorne's absence than she would admit to Dillon.

Opening a new message, Adonia smiles slightly as she considers the lines the lines that stood out to her, and read between them. So much to tell, Sacramento is eventful, actually doing quite well, people here are very friendly...

The Gangrel Elder toys with the idea of typing What is her name, Dillon? Tell me about her, but she would not. His business was his own, and Adonia would respect that.

A quick reply is appropriate, here, she thinks. There is very little new information anyway. But a little bit of a jibe would not hurt.

My Brave Man,

I am glad of your activity, and that it is so obviously fulfilling! Surely that smile of yours is as genuine as it has ever been. You must give me the details of your more entertaining activities when you have the time.

Guide our cousins well, Dillon. Keep in mind that, while we are brutal, and sometimes short-sighted, there is a unique nobility passed on to each of us. Corbin has it, in his own way, I have it, if I may be honest without sounding conceited, and you have it. Show them that proud nobility; find a way to bring it out in each of them. Sacramento will thank you for it.

I am glad to continue the search for Mister Blackthorne, but I may be unavailable t you while I am looking into certain aspects. I haven't the time to explain in detail now, but before the seasons warm again, I will.
You are never unpleasant, Dillon. And whatever you may think, you never falter in that.

You continue to do me proud,
Adonia de Vaca

Yes, she could dote on him a little. Dillon is too humble to let it go to his head. Adonia saves the letter to the Drafts folder, never sending it, because her former Coterie all shared the same account. That way, they could communicate without openly transmitting data. As long as they were fairly careful about the computer they logged in from, it was secure. Even still, they did not dare to leave Masquerade breaching terms floating around on some Google server, somewhere.

Gathering her wallet, and the jacket she wore for appearance's sake, Adonia makes double sure she is logged out and stands. She looks coolly past the several open-mouthed stares at her to the airport hall beyond. Eleanor is on a bench out there holding an empty pet carrier in her lap and looking directly at her Regnant. To any of the kine, Adonia's ghoul surely looked calm and poised, but Lady de Vaca knew better. Eleanor is nervous; worried that Adonia is dallying and that they will miss their flight.

The Elder Gangrel clicks her tongue disapprovingly at the tightly wound ghoul, but will not rebuke her. Encourage, perhaps, but not rebuke.

Mentally preparing herself for the feline transformation that is to come, Adonia spends the few seconds in crossing the cafe thoroughly enjoying being a woman. She let's her hips sway seductively for the benefit of all the eyes that were following them. the vampire wouldn't likely get this kind of attention once she became a cat.