Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Another One Bites the Dust (ATTN: Eclipse)

THREADID

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

John Dee walked out of the alley next to the building, then entered. Checking the directory, just to be sure, he found Eclipse's office and headed that way.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

John rides the elevator up to the 23rd floor. As soon as the doors slide open he finds himself face to face with the Deacon.

"Ah, Provost. How nice to see you. I was just on my way out. Nothing pressing, though."

"To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Bad news, I'm afraid," says John with his usual slightly detached demeanor. At least he could function as a normal person; some Mastigos ended up agoraphobes.

"Had a new Mystogogue, not even Initiated, go play with some things he shouldn't. Aaron Stumpf, went by Apotheosis. Died before anyone found him."

John talks about dead people with an impassiveness that would do an Arrow proud.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Eclipse
    Eclipse

PRE

Eclipse frowns and shakes his head solemnly. "Tsk tsk tsk. I was familiar with the man. Hard to believe that he survived a trip into the Shadow to battle against incredible odds and then met his end in a Mystagogue cellar. What a pity."

Eclipse is silent for a moment, perhaps in respect for the dead man. Then he says "I gotta ask, John. Why bring this to me? Tyria asked me to find a Herald, but I don't remember asking you." Eclipse smirks at his little joke. The quickness with which Eclipse can crack-wise might suggest something as to his attitude towards people that aren't connected to him dying.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Because he was a member of a fairly significant cabal," John answered, giving Eclipse a curious look. "They might want answers. Thought I'd keep you from being blind-sided if they do."

Eclipse
    Eclipse

PRE

Eclipse nods, understanding "You're a good man, John. I appreciate the heads up. How about you. You been doing alright?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Oh, most excellent," John replies. "I enjoy my work at the Museum."

Eclipse gets the impression that John is now on auto-pilot, much like a Starbuck's employee at a popular location.

Eclipse
    Eclipse

PRE

"Well, then don't let me keep you from it." Eclipse hits the going-down button on the elevator, gesturing to the empty car when it arrives at their floor. "Going down?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Going across, actually," John says with a half smile. As the empty doors open, John appears to step into the elevator, but vanishes.

Closed Thread