Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

(( conitnued from Here))

The skipped record introduction told Shane what he needed to know. He nods and grins, "I usually go by Four - long story." Once Toren's Latte is acheived, Four nods over to the Mural. "That's the Mural I was talking about. It's quite the piece, isn't it." He hesitates, clearly wanting to ask what the hidden sigils meant.

Four was regretting not learning High Speech before he moved.

"Huh..." started Wendel, looking very concerned at the glowing aura of the sigils. He knew this place had a deeper connection with his own practices but this was the first sign of instructions. Unfortunately he had no better luck of transcribing it than his current companion. His Mentor had failed to teach him much in the way of magical scripture, maybe in an effort to segregate him from other magical influences or maybe it was just a minor note to him and slipped his mind. "Neat," said Wendel finally. Then it dawned on him that he could see it too.

"Four?" he said before pausing somewhat dramatically, "Do people make a lot of golfing jokes around you?" before lapsing into a comfortable silence.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"There's been a few. Usually it's jokes about fire-earth-air-water or north-east-south-west. Unless I'm talking to someone with knowledge of Kanji-based languages and then the jokes become comments about how unlucky or lucky I am." he grimaces. "Just 'cause the Kanji for the number can be said just like 'Death'... Of course, my birthday tends to prove that point."

Wendel gets the quarters reference and has concluded that his present company was a mage, one of many mysterious and powerful beings that exist within the world. He adjusted his shoulders, shrugging them slightly as he ordered his latte, "Vanilla Mocha," in clear audible syllabic poetry. "Death, eh?" he continues but finds himself unable to add anything to it. Of course he could mention that he had dabbled in Death Magic for a bit when his Mentor thought it relevant, but even now it didn't seem relevant, so he made a moot gesture and tapped his finger gingerly on the counter.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Shane nods. Then makes a faint gesture towards his jacket that declared which ambulance service he works for and that they have a 911 contract. "Yeah, a bit. But my main interests lie in pretty much the opposite direction." he drinks deeply from his coffee, and looks around. "Ah! I have a topic - would you happen to be a collector of knowledge and curious? You approved of calling Written in Water a Temple of Knowledge so it seemed like you would be."

Wendel, who had not noticed that the building was called Written in Water when he entered it, accepted this statement as he often did, by ignoring it. Instead he fell back on the detail of Four's jacket. A paramedic. "Heh, para-medic..." he muttered to himself with the barest hint of a laugh. He interrupted himself so as not to seem rude, "I'm an architect, Mr. Four, so while you may have your interest in the lives of others, I have mine in..." His self-interruption was interrupted by the salesperson behind the counter who had set his latte on it noticeably.

Wendel eyed it and then slinked closer until he held it in his hand, the warmth transferring into his skin and making him shudder pleasantly. He sipped it and let his eyes wander in thought. "Oh! Sorry, what was I saying?"

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"That you were and architect? Why don't we sit down at a free table?" Four gestures to one nearby and walks over to it. "You were specifically saying how being an architect has lead your interests. you didn't get a chance to specify where"

"Oh I was...I was an architect. At least until I was fired from my firm. Actually it's funny, you can say you're an architect and work as an architect but you're not necessarily licensed as an architect until much later." He sipped at his latte and mmm'd happily.

And then he whispered somewhat more cautiously, "Are you...is this a...what do you call it?" Wendel snapped his fingers in an effort that had nothing to do with memory and more to do with snapping. "Magical place? Ya know...a...place with magic?" he finished awkwardly.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"Yes to myself and... I can only guess so, considering." he waves to the Mural. "Though I'm not exactly sure on what's being said about this place - I haven't really seen any of the symbols for... three months? Since I moved here, at least." he rubs his face, and suppresses a tired yawn. "And today's the first time I've been here. I suppose you could always ask one of them - but there could always be people even sleepier than me about. So quietly would be best, if that's what you want."

Shane pauses then smiles ruefully at the talk of getting certified. "I know what you mean when it comes to being certified. I volunteered for two years before I got my EMT-Basic certificate."

He finally sits down and rubs his head again, his hand now warm and by association now so was his head. He watches Four yawn before glancing away to the Mural while he addressed Four's statement.

"Ah, I was four years, interning since graduation and still not a full architect," he sounded disturbed by his own words. "And just like that, without even severance pay, I'm back to stacking playing cards. And there's not a lot of architecture firms around here..." he started counting on his fingers while his eyes turned up towards the ceiling. "Okay, maybe there a lot around here, but no takers yet." He sips his latte again.

Feeling that it was his turn to perpetuate the conversation, Wendel inquired, "So that worked out well for you?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread