Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Trust me

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    A
    Anubis

Where is it? Where is it? Cal thinks as he glances from his schedule to the classroom numbers. Found it! Cal hustled in to the room and took a seat along the back wall. This was to be his first class with Prof. Abnett and it was already bad enough that he made it with only seconds to spare. Digging through his backpack he pulls out a pencil and a notebook ready for class to start.

The sound of heels stepping swiftly through the halls of the university could be heard coming to a halt right outside the classroom. A couple of seconds later April walked through the door, checking the watch on her wrist subtly.

I hope I'm not too late.

She was flaunting her good looks, complimented by her trendy fashion sense. She figured that if she was going to be taking classes, she may as well look good while doing it. She walked towards the back of the room and took a seat, smiling at the guy next to her.

He is cute.

April set down her purse on her desk and turned her attention towards the front of the classroom, eager to find out what the semester's curriculum looked like.

A
    Anubis

Cal immediately notices April as she enters the room. Shes gorgeous...and shes coming closer! Cal keeps facing the front, but still catches her smiling at him from the corner of his eye. Cal feels his face start to burn, and anyone looking at him will see that his face got a shade redder. Calm down Cal! Cal's foot starts tapping to a beat only he can hear.

K
    Kazakin

Professor Abnett seems to be running a little late, which isn't unusual. Other students file into the classroom, jabbering back and forth. Cal and April both catch normal, boring conversation snatches.

"-So, like, he was all 'Bitch, no', and I was like 'Uh-huh! That is so my popsicle-"

"-Do you think she likes me? I mean, I went out with her a couple times, but she said I'm more a Jacob than an Edward, but she's still going out with me. What the fuck does that-"

"-And, yeah, yeah, so then she gives me the frogspawn and I'm all 'That's not frogspawn!'-"

"-A newt! But I got better. Hey, what do you mean 'That joke was old ten years ago?!'"

April played around with her phone for a moment as she waited for the professor to arrive. She chuckled slightly as she overheard some of the conversations going around the classroom.

More Jacob than Edward? Seriously? These kids need to find better ways of entertaining themselves.

She typed a couple of things into her phone, and after fidgeting with it for a couple of minutes she put it back in her purse. She turned her attention back to the front of the classroom, but seeing that the professor had not arrived yet she figued there was no harm in talking to some of the other students while she waited for the class to start.

April turned to the guy sitting next to her with a friendly smile.

"Hi there. I'm April, brand new here at this school and Sacramento." She paused for a moment. "I don't know many people here, so I figured I may as well get to know some." She offered him a flirty smile as she waited for him to introduce himself.

A
    Anubis

Cal snorts when the Jacob comment reaches his ears. I would rather be more like Jacob than Edward. Cal eyes the clock watching the second hand ticking away.

It takes a couple seconds before Cal realizes April is talking to him. Cal faces April, "Oh, hey. The names Callum, Cal for short." Cal pauses to gather his thoughts, "I know what you mean, I'm new to the school too." Cal glances towards the door then back at April. "So...why this class?"

"Callum? That's an unusual name." She paused to think for a moment. "It's the Irish or Scottish form of the Latin name Columba, if my memory doesn't fail me." She smiled at him. "It means 'dove' if I'm not mistaken."

Hopefully that won't scare him off...some guys find intelligent women intimidating.

April shrugged at Cal's question. She wasn't really sure of why she had moved out here specifically, or why she had chosen this school, or this particular class. All she knew is that she had to get away from her old life, and Sacramento had seemed like a good place to start fresh. It was far from home at least.

"My dad is a history professor, so he got me into studying cultures from a young age. That lead me to study different myths and the urban legends of different places. Some people think it's silly, but I find such esoteric topics very interesting. How about yourself?"

OOC

A
    Anubis

Cal's face is a little redder. Damn, she knows more about my name than I do. Cal clears his throat, "Heh, why do you think I go by Cal." Cal listens to her answer nodding here and there. "That sounds pretty cool. My reason? Well my reason is.." Cal trails off and his eyes seem to glaze over for a second. Then he shakes his head, "Sorry about that. I guess I just wanna see if there's any truth to those myths and legends." Cal glances back at the clock.

April quirked an eyebrow as Cal seemed to doze off for a second.

Hmm, maybe he didn't get much sleep last night. I never get enough sleep the day before classes start.

"I know what you mean. You hear all these stories since you are a kid; it really makes you wonder whether some of it is real or not." She offered him a friendly smile, glad to have found someone with similar interests to her.

She glanced at the clock for a moment and then turned her attention back to him.

"So is the professor usually this late? I had heard some rumors...but I didn't know if there was any truth to them."

A
    Anubis

"As long as he shows up I don't care if he's late." Cal shrugs at the last part. Turning back to her, "You said this was your first time in Sacramento. Where were you before?" Its easy to tell that Cal is interested in what April has to say.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.