Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

The marble statuary at the door of Written in Water is well crafted and of excellent quality, if a bit ostentatious. An angel and a serpent overlook the entrance, a river depicted between them, real water cascading from a fountain set in the stone of the door itself to flow down river stones flanking the entrance. The slight mist rising from the trickling water gives the air a refreshing quality, clearing the mind and waking the senses.

Invisible to Sleeping eyes, sigils written in High Speech adorn the solid wooden door. They declare the space open to all Awakened who come in peace. The aura of the sigils match those placed around the city, directing the Awakened here.

Inside, sound is muffled by the lush carpeting and the tasteful tapestries hanging on the walls. This gives the space an intimate feel despite its generous size. The front half of the establishment has a ceiling that soars up three stories, large arched skylights letting natural sunlight stream down in a warm curtain. To one side of the entrance there is a café, comfortable couches and tables making it a perfect place to have a drink and chat, a small stage set up for impromptu performances. To the other side of the entrance are rows of privacy alcoves with computers for public internet use. All of the computers have headphones to spare the intimate atmosphere for the other patrons.

The pride of place, though, is reserved for the three floors of bookshelves that take up the back half of the store. Books line each level from floor to ceiling, tomes of every imaginable topic, some sections kept behind glass. Tightly packed shelves form dim corridors in which one could get lost for days.

Sweeping staircases connect each of these levels and the upper two overlook the rest of Written in Water from balconies protected by wrought iron fencing. More tables and seats line the edges of the balconies, and signs politely ask the customer to refrain from bringing food or drink into the stacks.

Looking out from the balconies, one can see that the entire front wall of Written in Water is taken up by a beautiful mural depicting great libraries across history. The Library of Alexandria is portrayed prominently, ringed by scenes from other cultures: the Moorish empire, the Chinese empire, the Ancient Greek forums of learning.

Hidden in these images are more sigils, visible only to the Awakened, that spell out the rules of conduct. Written in Water is declared a safe zone, allowing no spells on the premises. A footnote loosens the restriction for the various spells of Unveiling known collectively as Mage Sight.

Read this
    Ahriman-Mastigos Adamantine Arrow -
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    DAS:WP 5/6 Mana 0/7
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.
    Lisp: mild. only lisps on s's. Is hard to understand

PRE

I was a bit more subdued than usual when I entered Written in Water this evening, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds finishing a song as I entered the store dressed in black jeans, a simple blue long sleeve collared shirt and a poppy on my chest. The song ends as I reach the coffee bar and order a simple large coffee, double double, tossing off the headphones and turning off the iPod, putting it away after paying and heading towards the chairs. Taking a seat, I close my eyes for a second to relive some almost lost memory of a different time and place, maybe even a different person. I'm sort of brought back to the world by the smell of the coffee, which causes me to take a slip and open my eyes to look around the quiet bookstore.

A
    Anubis

I've got to remember to set my alarm I'm gonna be up all night now. Walking through the front door it is obvious that he has major bedhead along with some light red fuzz on his face. Anubis is wearing black sneakers, gray jogging pants, and a white t-shirt over black under armour. Walking towards the counter Anubis wrinkles his nose at scent of coffee. I hate coffee, but I really need the caffeine right now. "Um...the cheapest coffee you got." Anubis grabs a handful of sugar packets as he waits, nodding thanks once his coffee is finished he empties all the packets.

On his way to the computer area Anubis spies Pulp sitting at one of the tables. Changing course Anubis waves to Pulp to get his attention, "Hey haven't seen you since the last time I was here." Anubis pause for a yawn, "Mind if I hang out with you for a while?"

Noctina walked into the Written in Water, her purpose was pretty much to meet some more mages. The more mages she could make connections with the more potential sources of work she could have as well as but The Mysteriums input into things.

There was only one person she recognised, Pulp from the Mastigo meeting a while ago. She would walk up to him but saw that a ginger beat her to the punch.

"Heya" She would say simply with a smile and a wave to Pulp and the other person
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

PRE

When Anubis approached I greeted the Ging... er ... red headed Mage with a welcoming smile and a friendly nod. The kid looked like death, which kind of made sense considering he was a Moros, but more in the 'up for 40 plus hours working on an end of term assignment worth fifty percent of your mark, the coffee is losing its magic and you're having a hallucination of Grimace fucking your bean bag chair to 'The Bad Touch'. At least you hope it was a hallucination.' Yeah that state of walking death.

"Yeah sit down and hang out for a bit."
    I reply with a nod at one of the free chairs.

Then Noctina arrived and offered a wave and greeting which I return. "Hey how have you been? Settling in okay?" The question is honest and cast a glance for her shadow, Aenigma, knowing I'd have to talk to him as well. And Toby, Aurum who poured coke on Q, that girl with the cool hair, that smooth Guardian Sirith, maybe even Rosh. That is going to be one hell of a conversation.

"I was actually hoping to run into both of you tonight."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne walks into the bookstore and sighs as she sees the sigils written around. Letting go of all but her Sight she looks around for others. Anubis was a good sight, Ariadne had been wondering where he'd gone too. An interest in mind she approaches the gathered mages.

"Mind if I join you all?"

Noctina looked at Pulp and raised an eye brow at him showing a quizzical nature to her face unsure why he wanted to see her, although she would quickly come back with he own retort.

“Really... Was my beauty that captivating that you were hoping to see me? And plans for a friend you are adventurous...” Noctina said acting, and quite obviously and satirically cute and innocent, it was incredibly poorly done, but Noctina liked it that way, it was almost an open mocking at his words, but all she meant by it was to play.

She would then turn as the Herald had arrived to join them at the table.

“Ah Ariadne, how nice to see you, I certainly don't mind although I can't speak for the others. How goes the door to door drapery business these days?” Noctina asked smiling and friendly, making sure to use a slightly derogatory name albeit a fun one and hopefully one that wouldn’t get her in trouble with the guardian’s, after all, its just fun and games amongst friends no?
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

A
    Anubis

"Thanks," Anubis takes a sip from his coffee as he sits. Needs a lot more sugar. His distaste of coffee is clearly evident as his face scrunches up. He sets his cup a bit off to the side.

"Hey, nice to meet you," Anubis runs a hand through his hair. He looks between Pulp and Noctina. "Us? How come?"

Anubis half jumps in his seat when Ariadne speaks, not even noticing her approach the group. "Hey Ariadne, long time no see." He looks to the others, "I don't mind if you join." Nice to see another of one my kind here.

Lux

PRE

Lux came wandering through the doors of the W-in-W, dressed in a stylish black pant suit with a cerulean blouse, her expression pensive, yet a wry grin appeared on her face when she caught sight of Pulp chatting with a group of Willworker's she'd never met before. She caught his eye briefly and waved jauntily before disappearing into the stacks of books. A few minutes later she appeared, a slim paper-back volume clasped in one hand, and after making a short stop at the register she strode towards the group of Awakened with the purpose of a ship cutting dagger-like through the waves.

She pulled abreast of the group, but her eye's where glued to Pulp.

"Catch," she said suddenly, gently tossing the book onto the Mastigos' lap. "Ok, good," she continued, now turning to the other assembled Willworkers. "I apologize if I interrupted, but I've been meaning to do that for quite some time. I'm Lux, by the way, pleased to meet you all."

Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

OOC

Aenigma walked into the book store, carrying his messenger bag as usual. He was slightly better dressed than the last time he came around, which was due to the fact that he had found some free time to do some shopping. He hadn't brought much along with him when he moved from DC, so it was nice to get into some new clothes for a change.

It didn't take long for him to spot some familiar faces congregating around a table nearby. He walked up to the group and gave them a friendly wave.

"Hey guys, how's everyone doing today?"

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread