Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Familiar Stranger) You Don't Have to Be Crazy to Visit, But...

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max leaves his fellow Kindred behind to pour over the information they'd collected, leading Dr Powell out towards his car. The thin Mekhet reaches into his pocket and dialing Chris Wooding's phone number.* Tell me, have you ever been to Amber Hills Asylum? *Max asks while he waits for the Crone to answer his phone.*

I
    Irina

Doctor Powell shook her head swiftly. "Until now...I haven't had a reason to go there," she admitted. She was curious as to what this place was like, and what they would actually discover - if anything, pertinent to their investigation.

"How far away is it?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The Asylum isn't far, but it is isolated. Feel free to narrate 'arrival' when ready.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Consider yourself lucky then, Doctor... *Max says with a slightly haggard look. He trails off as Chris answers the phone, taking a few moments to have a short conversation before returning his attention to Josephine.* Mr Wooding is on his way.

It isn't too far, we should beat him there by a few minutes. Perhaps have a chance to look around the place before going in...

*Max leads the female Nosferatu to his car, holding the door of the BMW open for her to step in the passenger seat.* I've been thinking about the best way to get ourselves in. Perhaps you can fast talk you way in as a fellow medical professional?

I
    Irina

Doctor Powell gave a swift head shake. "While I'm not... morally opposed to lying for the right reasons... I'm...terrible at it." Perhaps it was a skill that she needed more area in, with that in mind. "I would be concerned about doing more harm than good... thanks to my family nature."

"I can try and pull some strings, though. I... know a couple of people I can contact."
    The Haunt hesitated briefly, and glanced sidelong at Mr. Heinz. "Did Doctor Lazarus... work at the Asylum, live there?" she asked, for the sake of having more information to hand. "I admit to... being rather unfamiliar with him. He was... before my time in Sacramento."

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max looks over at the female Nosferatu, a little perplexed.* You mean, you can't walk in and just introduce yourself? I thought there was... some sort of Hippocratic mutual aid society. Like police departments... *Max shrugs, don't trust everything you see on TV it seems.

He takes a moment to study the imposing facade of the sanitarium, hoping that Lazarus' absence would take away some of the overbearing creepiness of the place. It hadn't.* Forgive me, I forgot you haven't been a resident of Sacramento as long as I have.

I had very few opportunities to interact with him, and was thankful for it. To say he was disturbing was an understatement. And I don't mean any disrespect to you or your family, Dr Powell; his demeanor was one of cold calculation than any social disadvantage. When he looked at you, it was like he was looking at an experiment sample...

*Max looks back over his shoulder, both to make sure they were alone; and to check to see if Chris had arrived yet. Seeing they were alone on both counts, the Mekhet returns to his story.* I had occassion to visit here only one time before, the night I first arrived in Sacramento. Someone decided to fill a few of our mutual friends with explosives and tried to set them off in a biker bar. We brought the survivor here for questioning.

*Max grows silent for a moment, that night seemed so long ago now; though it was but a blink of an eye from the prospective of an undying creature. He leaves out the grisly effect of the explosives, as well as the attack by the ghosts. He'd been dealing with ghosts from that night enough recently, no need to summon them by name...*

He worked here, quite probably as the head officer. And I'm almost sure he "lived" here as well. It's too easy an opportunity to pass up.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

After a while Chris' Mini BMW approaches Max' bigger one. With this being the appointed* place, and feeling the presence of another beast, the Mekhet steps out of his car.

He nods as a greeting to his two fellow Kindred once he sees them, 'Mr. Heinz, Ms Powell, a good evening.' He shuts the door and walks closer to the others. He looks up at the Amber Hills Asylum, and then back to Max, with an expression making him visibly wait for further information on what they were about to do.

Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

I
    Irina

Hippocratic mutual aid society? "No, not...exactly," Doctor Powell responded evenly. She wondered if she was getting some first hand experience of how Hollywood was melting people's ideas of how the real world worked. "Even if...I were to use my credentials to get aside, I'd have to lie a little bit."

And she had built too many bridges recently, to have them destroyed were they to be caught searching for information on Dr. Lazarus.

She listened carefully to Max's summary of the unfamiliar Haunt; a little familiarity could help, once they were inside. "If...the survivor was brought here last time, how...did you gain access then?" she asked curiously, wondering if perhaps the same route would be open to them now.

The Haunt pulled out her cell phone nonetheless, prepared to make the aforementioned call. She hesitated only briefly, to nod in greeting as Chris arrived. She refrained from commenting on the incorrect usage of her title- there was a time and a place for correcting someone, and she was relatively certain it was accidental anyway.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

OOC

*Max nods to Chris he joins the conversation.* Good evening, Mr Wooding. Glad you can join us. We're going to attempt to get in there... *The Mekhet points at the imposing structure of Amber Hill...* And poke around a bit. Sounds like fun, aye?

*He then turns his attention back to Dr Powell.* Lazarus got us all inside. As I said, I'm pretty sure he ran the whole shebang, bit it wasn't something I asked him directly.

Unfortunately, I don't know who took over control of the asylum after the Doctor "left". I guess we could try the direct approach, telling them I knew Lazarus and was trying to track down him and his work...

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

'Interesting at least.' Chris slightly grins at the comment about their task. Then he listens carefully to the Reeve's explanation. Trying to think with them.

'Would the man really be known as Lazarus around "others"? And I don't think employees would let a couple of strangers 'poke around'. Perhaps we can just be people interested in the place, check if it's suitable for whatever we think an Asylum should be suitable... but for that we would need a good liar.' He shrugs, not implying his option is the best. But if the people working at Amber Hills didn't know Lazarus they couldn't come back with another story.

'Oh by the way, do you expect us to need any arms? We could take some with us, hidden of course.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread