Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Sacramento U Evening Arts Lecture

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West smiled slightly to himself, tempted to quote Ruby's statement about themes and truths, as well as her question about seeking the divine. He leaned back in his seat, letting the young Mystagogue off the hook.

The smile changed into an uncharacteristic smirk as he noted an elegant middle finger on the Curator's hand, surreptitiously directed at him.

Turnabout is fair play.
    Nimbus

PRE

Joshua catches the gist of Ruby's speech, the careful way she dances around her meaning--he hears some of the little code words she uses when she's talking, clearly, about magic, and certainly there are others he misses. The idea of a "Divine Geometry" is something he has a minor familiarity with through his readings--he thinks, anyway; perhaps he's getting it confused with the golden ratio?--but he gets completely lost when Ruby starts delving into some of the deeper meanings she's trying to tease out.
    Ruby had confessed, recently, that some of the things Armstrong talked about were gibberish to the Mystagogue; but in truth, she and the hyperdimensional math professor had that ability for jargon in common.
    Joshua listens to the questions and can see how they rattle her a bit--particularly West's--so he raises his hand for acknowledgment, deciding to toss her a question that, to his mind, is a bit of a softball. He hopes it is.
    After all, he's Sentinel. It's his job to protect the city's magi.
    "Miss Jordan," he asks once prompted, "You have a few pieces there that you've shown us tonight. But their scope is a bit limited, in terms of the cultures represented. Do you, or the Fillard Goldman museum, have other pieces for display that might show your thesis has a wider cultural basis? What art have you seen--say, from Asian cultures, or Eastern European pagans, or even from Neolithic cave art--that might show this is a indeed a universal human urge for truth?"
    He doesn't know if the museum indeed has such pieces, but he hopes it does, or that she can at least mention some elsewhere. For the sake of putting her back into a comfort zone.

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Tam peeked in through the door, trying to be as quiet as possible. Late to another lecture, she thought. So late, in fact, that I missed the lecture itself. Tam attempted to close the door quietly, but the door had other ideas. It squeaked only once, causing Tam to tense, but when it thumped unexpectedly against its frame, she jumped. Without looking up, Tam slipped into the seat nearest to the door, hoping the current discussion held people’s attention. When she was settled, she looked up at the speaker, then around at the audience. Now, which one is Dr. Primoria?

Alright, sounds like we've only got time for a few more questions.

Ah, right over there! She points at Joshua.

Ah, yup! Well unfortunately at an institution like the Fillmore most of the time pieces which are most valuable for research aren't on display. Now that's for a number of reasons, but the most common is that an artifact is damaged or incomplete. There are a great deal of things we can learn even from itty shards.

So at the Fillmore, we've got the exhibits which focus on Mesopotamian art and the fragments room that's mostly Southwest Native American. A few other odds and ends as well. In Texas, I had direct access to a good bit of MesoAmerican art and a few fairly impressive African pieces. Then of course we've got fairly close rapport with other sister institutions, and I've been allowed to either inspect or read research notes for a number of other pieces.

So lets see, other than what I listed, I've compared or read Tibetan wall hangins, some Afghan statues, (sadly not there anymore) and some proto-Viking burial getup from the West Urals.

Always looking for more though!

That was a good question though, I think we've got time for one or two more and then I've really got to let you all go.

Let's see, yes you over there!

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Narration

Ruby takes the last question and then concludes the lecture, but invites everyone to come up and see the pieces or mingle.

There's coffee and dinosaur balloons for everyone.

West

West stands as people begin moving, rolling his shoulders as if stretching, but watching the bodies and re-situating his weapons.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Tam spots Dr. Primoria in the audience, and as the lecture ends, Tam stands and approaches the Museum Curator.

“Pardon, Dr. Primoria, if I may have a moment of your time?”

Orphan

PRE

Derek skips the dinosaur balloon, but does go to introduce himself to the unknown Changeling after the lecture.

Orphan thinks for awhile about the questions and answers. He hadn't been able to come up with any relevant questions himself, but he felt he'd followed at least the gist of that part of the discussion, which was something. He decides to just mingle around after the lecture and see if he met anyone interesting.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus seems a bit dazed. It's fairly obvious that the technical part of the lecture had flown way over his head. Finally he gives Joshua a playful nudge. "You think we should go see how well Ruby survived all that?"

PRE

Jack sees an opportunity. Hefting up his backpack and after waiting for a majority of the people to make their way through the top exit of the hall, he makes his way to the bottom and approaches Ruby, not noticing the pretty woman sitting near the front since that wasn't his apparent objective.

"Hello, uh, Ruby? I think I understand what you were saying about the Divine Geometries and I really enjoyed the talk.

"However, and please don't take offense to this," Jack says, holding up his hands at this, "I was wondering if I could... uh... seek Counsel with Dr. Primoria..."

Ruby answers a few posed questions. One student asks out of the blue to speak with Tyria.

"Best to come to the museum, dear. But she's fairly busy most times, don't be afraid to ask for an appointment."

Ruby directs the student aide as he closes the display cases and loads them on a dolly. Fairly worn out, her thoughts gravitate longingly towards bed and sleep.

Page 4 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread