Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Need a weapon made?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Mateo Benavides
    Mateo Benavides

PRE

Mateo sits in the shop hammering away at a red-hot piece of metal, folding the steel, heating it, hammering, and repeating the process over and over again. He has a heavy sweat but otherwise seems to be happy as a kid in a candy store doing his favorite work. He sets aside the blade of the sword, ready for polishing and sharpening and walks over to the counter near the front and takes a long drink from a water bottle there.

He looks around at all the weapons lining the walls, and a few of the empty spots. Work had been good, but he wanted to make something unique, something commissioned for once, instead of the standard weaponry he typically forged. He leans back on the chair he's sitting in, looking out the window, it was almost dark... time for Madre Luna to come out. Maybe he'd get some late night browsers or hell maybe even one of the vampires in the city might pop in and ask to have something made.

He takes another long swig from the bottle, and wipes the sweat from his brow... nothing but time on his hands at the moment.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Moon is gibbous
    There is a quiet susurration that is just on the edges of your hearing.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Vincent wanders in to see what Mateo is up to. He heard about blacksmithing work but had never seen anything been done before, and had hoped to get a few pictures for his own collection. Having brought a new camera after his other one was broken the night of his first change, Vincent was in quite a good mood.

"Yo, Mat! You about mate?" he calls from the front door.

Mateo Benavides
    Mateo Benavides

PRE

"In here man, whats up?" Mateo yells out, after hearing Vincent's voice. He comes out of the back room, and walks up. He see's Vincent's camera a smiles. "I'm just gonna go ahead and assume you've never taken shots of a smith's shop?"

"I hope you don't mind, bud," he says, looking around, impressed. "I need something to focus my mind on; feeling kinda tetchy. Think its my time of the month," he jokes, meaning the moon.

Mateo Benavides
    Mateo Benavides

PRE

"Go ahead, have a snap attack, sounds about right about the time. I'll see if Gwen is up for a hunt soon, lord knows we all need one." Mateo says, giving Vincent a go right ahead motion with a sweep of his massive arms.

Clicking furiously with his camera, each shot tries to express the almost divine manner in which such basic materials could create items of primal beauty, designed with one purpose.

Are we created in a similar image? he thinks, looking through the shots.

"Would you mind if I get some of you working?"

Mateo Benavides
    Mateo Benavides

PRE

"No problem, I need to finish hammering out this sword, and polish it up any so that works, you picked a good time." Mateo took the still warm swordblade in his hand and laid it across the anvil, he began hammering powerfully at it. After a short while, content with the final blow, he looked at it with an approving smile. He grabbed a large whetstone of a shelf behind him and begins scraping it against the blade with a systematic expertise of someone who had done this for many years. Soon the blade was sharp and had a nice shiny polish to it. He buffs it with a moist cloth, smoothing off the powdery shaved metal, and revealing a beautiful blade. He afixes the hilt and sets it on a small stand to await purchase.

Mateo turns back to Vincent, motioning to the longsword. "If you want, you can have that one, its nice, decent weight to the blade, but balanced good. I'll engrave it if you want, something in First Tongue that says something about you?"

"Wow, thanks. I'm, er, well, to be honest, never swung a sword or anything before in my life," he says, lowering his camera. "I've taken some self-defence classes and been to a shooting range a few times but never been in a real fight. Well, except for when I changed and had that bundle."

Some shots...

Standing next to his meaty pack mate, Vincent shows him the shots; various pictures that show the pure joy of creation that hark back to an innocent age.

"What do you think?"

Mateo Benavides
    Mateo Benavides

PRE

"I'm definately liking them. Good shots, though I have an ugly ass face in that one shot." Mateo says looking at his face in a picture of him smashing down on the blade with his hammer, he laughs heartily. He looks at Vincent with a smile. "You got a gift man, this is some good shit."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread