Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1109) Qadesh and Gathered Mages

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    O
    Ophidimancer

Qadesh held the door of the private room open for all the new mages following him. The room he chose was one of the larger ones. With a large domed skylight illumnating it and tiered bench seats built into the walls, it was a stadium in miniature, perfect to address perhaps a small classroom.

Once everyone filtered in and found seats, Qadesh closed the door and turned to speak to the gathered mages.

"Thank you for giving me some of your time. I see a lot of new faces and it was important to be able to speak plainly without having to hide from the Sleepers. For those of you who are new to the Consilium, welcome to Sacramento!"

Qadesh smiled a broad grin and opened his arms wide in a gesture of welcome.

"I'm Qadesh of the Silver Ladder, member of the Torchbearers of Prometheus, and I won't waste any more of your time with that."

The Mastigos made an emphatic negative gesture with his hands and then held them up in a cautionary motion.

"I want to warn you that Sacramento is kind of a dangerous town for mages right now. There have been a number of attacks by Banishers in the past couple of months, so watch yourself while you're out and about. I have a list of a few places that are safe: Here at Written in Water, at a club called The Rage, the Athenaeum in the Fillard Goldman Museum, a Free Council operated Hostel, and an old church called the Circle of Creation that the Arrow and Guardians use as a headquarters. I don't want you to panic, though, there's a large contingent of the Adamantine Arrow here and they're working on the Banisher problem with .. gusto."

Putting his hands down in a concluding gesture, Qadesh finished,

“As for the details, you can get filled in when you get in touch with representatives from your respective Orders. For the Ladder, that would be me, and for those of you haven’t joined an Order, you should talk to Jammer at The Rage.”

“If you have any questions, feel free to ask me, or look around you and talk with your fellow Awakened. We are each others’ best resource.”

He turned around at a knock on the door,

“Oh good, coffee’s here.”

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ixidor had entered the room still wiping the coffee off of his lips, but wears a wryly confident grin nonetheless. Having taken a bench in the front, he rests his drink wielding hand in between his knees and the other on the back of the seat.

Qadesh's imparted information gets a steady stream of casually thoughtful nods from Ix, accented by the slight wave of his black mane. He isn't surprised to hear that the speaker is a fellow Thιarch. That he took it upon himself to gather them all here and make sure they were informed practically screamed Silver Ladder.

That's an awesome thing about belonging to that Order. Your representatives are never hard to find.

"How do the Ladders fit into the scheme, here?" the Theurgist asks with a lift of his chin after Qadesh opens for questions. "Are we coordinating, or are the Arrows running the show?

"...I just don't wanna be useless."
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

Miach

PRE

While the young man was speaking with obvious ease and practice, Miach moved through the ranks to stand in front of him, keeping Qadesh at his right. Now, those were news, plain and simple, yet crucially important for any newcomer, and he was glad to have them stated.

He didn't like one bit what he heard, though. A war zone in all his life had been more than enough to fill all his bloodlust, and he wanted nothing to do with it anymore.

I hope whoever runs the show *slight nod to the rock-star he used to listen to* does the job quickly. It's all I ask, really. Now you mentioned the places of safety, but what else is done to protect us ? Is there an Awakened 911 at our disposal ? And who are the heads of the Orders here, if we're not respected thearchs, please ? I want insurances !

While usually relax and confident, the tall red-haired man was now agitated by the news. His hands were removing perspiration from his forehead, and he straightened at once when someone knocked, shifting a nervous glance toward the door.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Aurum followed everyone in and stood nearby listening calmly and quietly as Qadesh spoke and addressed those present. She wasn't sure if she had seen this mage around before and when he introduced himself as a Ladder then the figured that was likely why. She stood with an emotionless and unreadable expression and considered his words.

At least he is trying to be helpful, she thought to herself.

When he had finished speaking she walked over to stand right next to Qadesh and looked over at him and then without saying a word upended her Italian soda over the man's shirt.

"Now that I have your attention," Aurum said smiling sweetly spitting the words back in Qadesh's face. "That was a fucking stupid increadibly rude thing to do. It was careless to casually use your nimbus in public for a frivolous thing like getting people's attention. It is nice that you are taking the initiative to let people know the local scene though."

"Oh," she said after a short pause realizing she hadn't introduced herself. "Name's Aurum with the Mysterium bud."
    Fisher: Shaman of The Adamatine Arrow,
    5'8", tan, lean with long black hair and brown eyes. ||Presence: 2
    Supernal Vision / Organic Resilience, and Mana 5/11, WP 5/5.

Demise
    Morgan Lefet
    Demise
    Demise

Wyrd 1, Striking looks 2
    Rachel "Demise" Evans

Gnosis 1,
    Maria Badillo

Primal urge 1 , Feet of mist
    Susan Vera

Blood potency 1, Aspect of the Predator

Demise enters the room half way through Qadesh's little speech, just in time to hear his name and order. Hmm... a silver ladder huh? she thinks to herself as she watches and listens. She admired the odd assortment of mages that occupied the room. She was just about to voice her opinion when Aurum spoke up quite aggressively.

Part of her wanted to intervene but she really did want to get a fellow Mysterium member upset with her so early in her stay in the city so she simply waited for her to finish. She casually approached Qadesh hoping his mood is not too foul at this point.

"Nice to meet you Qadesh, I'm Demise of the Mysterium. Thank you for your hospitality. I was the Mysteriums Representative be around here?" She was trying to be a little too nice but then again after Arum's display she figured too nice wouldn't hurt anything.
    Rachel "Demise" Evans: Moros/Mysterium -- Mysterium status *, Presence 2 (Small), Mana 6/10, Wp 5/6, Active Spell: Supernal vision, Grim Sight

A
    Anubis

Anubis follows everyone into the room and takes a seat. Sipping his hot chocolate as Qadesh talks he looks around and actually recognizes one of the mages. I wonder if he went through his awakening before or after he was famous. Do you think he'll give me an autograph?

A chuckle escapes his lips when Aurum dumped something on him. Still seated, "Since we're all introducing ourselves, I'm Anubis with the Guardians." He pauses to see if there are any reactions, "I've already met a couple members of my order, I still have not met with my path rep yet. I was told his name is...Joshua Morris, so if you could help me get in touch with him that would be great." Anubis downs the rest of his drink.

3 sux to Recognize Ixidor
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-10-26 16:37:21 Anubis rolls 8 to Recognizing Ixidor (wits+comp+3) (10 Again) 5, 1, 6, 9, 2, 4, 10, 10, 7, 4 3 successes

Q

Matteo Guarnaschelli

Presence 3 (Artsy)
    Blood Potency 1

Mortal Status:
    Culture 1 (Musician)

Vampire Status:
    Invictus 2
    Nosferatu 1

Alister had found a spot on the wall near the back of the room, allowing him to get a good look at the magi that filed in. Banishers, eh? Somehow I doubt that's the only issue this place has if the Guardians are being called in...

He smirks at Aurum's biting commentary and the sudden dousing she gave Qadesh. He was one who believed in using the nimbus to its full effect, but only in certain circumstances. That particular display was a bit much, but understandable; he was a ladder, after all.

"Alister, Guardian." He gives the gathered magi a little salute, nodding to Anubis.

O
    Ophidimancer

OOC

Qadesh jumped a bit as icy beverage soaked its way through his shirt. He hissed at the trickle of cold liquid that made its way into his pants.

Qadesh's eyebrows rose and then his eyes narrowed a bit at Aurum's tirade. It seemed that local custom was different than what he was used to, or maybe it was a personal preference? Either way, she apparently took affront to his display of his Awakened nature, if his soaked shirt had anything to say about it.

"I'm sorry if what I did offended you" his voice was a little tight from the cold shock, "Where I'm from it's actually kind of polite, like a handshake. I'll keep that in mind from now on."

As he apologized, the Mastigos calmly unbuttoned his jacket and took his shirt off in a practiced motion, exposing the taut muscles of his dancer's body. There was a strip of black leather wrapped around one of his biceps, but he quickly covered back up, putting his suit jacket back on and draping his shirt over the back of his chair to drip dry.

"Please," he said to Aurum, "let me make it up to you. I'll owe you a favor, at least enough to make up for my rudeness. Does that sound fair?"

Giving the Mystagogue a moment to consider his offer, he nodded a greeting to the mages who'd introduced themselves, answering Demise by saying "Well Aurum here is a member of the Mysterium. Maybe she can help you out."

His voice and posture had returned to a pleasant tenor, and he was able to smile at the newcomers.

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

"Oh, right. Ixidor." His coffee is raised as both a salute and a friendly enough 'that's me'. He'd already used the terms Ladders and we in the same thought, so he figured adding that would be overstating things a bit. Then again, they all seemed too-ready to start adding each other to their Facebooks... Except the spunky little goth, maybe.

The raised coffee waggles slightly in offer to Qadesh, Ixidor with a half-cocked grin.
    "Want me to douse you, too? It'll warm you right back up. Promise."

Qadesh been a bit too accommodating to Aurum, in Ixidor's mind. A bit too quick to smooth things over, but maybe he just wanted to get the gears moving, get everybody on the same page, whatever. Not that Ix expected a Duel to break out, suddenly, or anything...
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

E
    Exewon

Recluse quickly entered the room and sat down somewhere in the front of the room and patiently listened as qadesh began explaining how the situation in the city was for the mages and where they could find the safe zones in sacramento.
    When qadesh finished his explanation and the coffee arrived recluse just went for another cup of coffee, keeping his ears open for anything else that might be said. Letting out a little chuckle when somebody called aurum poured an entire cup of soda over qadesh before beginning to chew the man out for letting loose his nimbus in the middle of a bunch of sleepers.

“You really should have used hot coffee for that though Aurum. Some pain usually lets a lesson stick better.” He shrugged as he took a sip from his coffee.
    “Anyway I'm recluse and still an apostate. Nice to meet you all. But like that guy over there said.” He pointed towards miach. “Are there other ways to ensure our safety or is it up to ourselves to survive?”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.