Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Out on the Town (Open)

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    M
    MrSogno

"So it seems like there's two and two at the moment. Even odds, but who wants an odd to make it more even?" Deadly smiles, "After all, you all ain't seen nothing yet!"

G
    GardenOfSilver

The Wizened flashes Deadly a smile and leans back, needlepoint fingers peeling of the rubber band around the deck of cards which she promptly fans wide before picking cards at random, shuffling them back into the deck. She seems restless. "I believe the Queen made the point clear of this being voluntary, it is not our choice of whom takes up which task.”

“May we know what we require about our respective tasks, my Queen?”

Katrin was about to reply when a phone began to ring next to the counter. With a frown, the Winter Queen picked up the receiver and placed it against her ear. "Treasured," she said, before going silent and listening, eyes staring straight ahead, past the group of changelings to where several mirrors hang on the opposite wall behind them. "I see. They are on their way, yes?" Katrin placed the black phone down and looked to the group. "A healthy coincidence has occured, yes? Harvey is currently at the University, on the trail of the students. He will tell you his plan, yes? However, the place where I believe the Hollow lies resides within the University's library itself. Those who wish to find my trinket should head there and find a way into the office of Horace Liebowitz." Turning from where she stood, Katrin removed a snow globe that depicted New York's Empire State Building. "The item is just like this but it has within it a scene of Moscow's Red Square, yes?" She waited for any questions.

M
    MrSogno

Putting the glass down Deadly leans forward and plucks a card from the deck, keeping it close to his chest. "Then it seems like you've got yourself a Deadly! Now it appears we need a Harvey though." Turning to the Queen he asks, "How should we find your gent?"

G
    GardenOfSilver

The Wizened seizes up in mid shuffle as Deadly snatches one of the cards and gives him a cold stare before slowly folding up the fan of cards and sticking a hand out, palm up and waiting. By the looks of it she would have preferred to throttle him then and there though. “Are you aware, Deadly, of some of the preconceptions most Lost hold of my kin? While I do not consider myself being a near-on hermit or being socially incompetent I find myself being rather keen on having the tools of my trade neat and orderly. Often a Wizened can take offense if someone handles these without his or her permission, Deadly, and I trust you can make the logical leap of what tools a Oracle with a deck of cards might possibly be using as a tool.

I trust you will return it to me rather than give me reason to think you intentionally malicious rather than ignorant.”

M
    MrSogno

The Draconic makes a face, "Actually, I don't know much about the you, perception or mis: I thought you were about to do a card trick! I was hoping for the seven of clubs." He abashedly hands the card back over, "Although I think you may have an unhealthy obsession with those if you get that finickity over someone touching them."

Rummaging about in his coat, Deadly produces a pair of needle-nose pliers, and places them gently in the Wizened's lap. "There you go, a tool of my trade in return." He arches a brow-ridge in amusement, "I don't know if you know the mispreceptions of my kind, but not all of us are gold-crazed hoarders, either."

"Enough!" The Winter Queen ordered, her voice resonating like ice cracking as the surroundings seem to become more stark. Black and white, colour fading as her powerful mantle flares briefly. "If you two are trying to impress me, you are failing. I never knew squabbling children had entered my shop, no?"

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-06 05:23:11 Katrin rolls 13 to Dealing with the children (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 2, 9, 6, 6, 9, 2, 6, 6, 4, 7, 8, 8 4 successes

Colour returns, slowly as the Winter Queen smiles, the edge vanishing as quickly as it came. "Now, to find Harvey, simply look for the Fairest with a shadow veil covering his mouth. He will direct you from there. He is also aware of my missing trinket so if you require assistance, I am certain he can offer some. Now," she says, placing the snow globe back on is shelf, "feel free to go, yes?"

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar listened to the Queen's words, taking mental notes about the location of the Hollow's entrance. He observed the snow globe carefully, making a mental note of it as well. He sat there quietly and observed the exchange between the Wizened and the Fairest. A brief smirk appeared across his face as the Queen raised her voice to put a stop to the other two's bickering; the first sign of any emotion that he has shown since coming into the store, but the gesture quickly fades away.

He nodded at the Queen's last words. "I hope to return with your missing trinket as soon as I retrieve it." He turned to the other Darkling who had shown interest in the task ( Aeolus ). "Shall we be on our way then?"

M
    MrSogno

Deadly doesn't seem too impressed with the ice show, only remarking mildly, "First meetings. We don't know one another, which makes it a tad difficult to know boundaries and such."

And who's trying to impress you, Queenie? Get over yourself. He wants to say it, but the statement would be a bit impolitic when in the woman's stronghold, surrounded by her courtiers. Instead he stands and stretches, back creaking as he does so. "Who needs a ride? I can take a few folks with me, if need be."

Can Deadly roll Resolve + Composure

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.