Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Out on the Town (Open)

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

All that gesticulating seemed to have the Fairest worried and she gently placed her hands on the Draconic's wrists, slowly easing his arms back to his sides. Her touch is cold but not forced, and there is always a smile on her face as she stares into Deadly's eyes. "I can see you're an excitable fellow, yes? But some of these items are precious to me and I would feel great sorrow if anything was broken."

Releasing his arms, the Fairest, Queen Katrin Byeli of the Winter Court, looked towards the other two fae that had entered. She intitally spoke to the Mirrorskin, saying, "Greetings, Myst, it seems you are correct," before turning to the Gravewright.

"Lilian, I am glad to see you out and about. Please, you may stand, yes? Now," Katrin says, looking to them all, "I am Katrin Byeli, and it seems you have either stumbled upon my little shop by accident or was guided here by someone in the know, either way, I am glad. It is always uplifting to see more new arrivals to the freehold. But, enough of that, who would like some lemonade?" she asked, still smiling. Behind the counter, the flakes within the many snowglobes where in a terrible flurry, a true storm in the glass.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar continued to watch the scene inside the store through the window. He noticed another Winter courtier make her way into the store. He had also met this one briefly at the Four Seasons. He began to relax a bit with the arrival of some familiar faces, well as familiar as can be for the brief period of time he had spent above ground in Sacramento. He continued to observe the group from the outside for a few minutes until he finally decided to walk into the store.

Degnar made as little noise as possible as he walked in, not wishing to disturb the Queen and the others gathered there. His body twisted and turned in an abnormal manner as he took each step forward. Once his presence was acknowledged by the Queen he would offer a respectful bow, bending his body in such a way that his forehead almost touched the ground.

"Greetings my Queen." He said in his usual monotone voice. "I am a new arrival to this freehold as well. Mr. Swilla said I could find you here." Once he had addressed the Onyx Queen he turned his attention to his fellow Winter and the Lost he didn't know and nodded at each respectively.

G
    GardenOfSilver

Kim found it was rather strange to be out and moving through mortal society once more. While she had arived in Sacramento almost a year ago she had spent most of the time cottaging, seeing narry anyone but fellow Winter Courtiers for months. She pulled her coat tighter around her as she watched a couple striding past, talking exitedly about Hawaii; vacations, swiming, clubing. It was, she found, a very strange conversation intermingeled with carefree laughts, husky words and tittering. Turning the street she hurried onwards towards the sign that spelled a momentary reprive from lucky ones, the humans. She found it rather fitting really, a "TREASURED" moment of reprive from the upsetting emotions of being around humanity again.

Opening the door, of course, she found anything but a reprive, scanning the faces of the gathered Lost already present before drifting over to the counter. "I wasn't expecting there to be this many people here... Fate." She smirks thinly, fishing out a snowy white letter folded in such a way to keep itself closed and once unfolded it'd be nigh on impossible to fold it back together again. "I was told to deliver this," she says as she slips it onto the counter.

M
    MrSogno

Deadly has to restrain his urge to continue talking with his hands, but he manages to at least look like he's not going to have his fingers turn into birds again for a moment. "Madame, I don't break things, I build them! Have no fear, have no fear. it would be horribly uncouth of me to break your treasures on first meeting." He pauses, tapping a tooth thoughtfully "Would it be couth to do it on a later meeting? I still think not, but that gets into a whole realm of etiquette and social nicities."

He straightens as his tangent circles back around, which means he's still slightly hunched. "I would love some lemonade! It does appear that this is a Winter bru-ha-ha however, so I don't want to intrude if something's going on."

E
    Eltacolibre

Myst looked at the others winter courtiers coming into the shop that was interesting to say the least. Swilla had been quite good about these directions and nobody managed to get lost. The offer of lemonade came of as a bit of a surprise but he wouldn't say no to it and he didn't recall the last time that he had some. He recognized a few faces from the meeting and was intrigued by how one of kept on talking about building and making things. He smiled and moved a bit out of the doorway seeing all the people coming in and walked around the shop.

"Certainly, I would love some Lemonade."

Lilian couldn't help but smile. That is exactly the kind of hospitality she is used of the Queen so far. "I would love that, thank you."

G
    GardenOfSilver

The blindfoolded Wizened flashed Deadly a grin. "I don't think it's a Winter court 'bru-ha-ha' as you put it, I'd say the majority of us gravitate here due to it being the manse of our Queen. Though so many Lost in one place by coincidence does smell a bit suspect if you were to ask me."

Leaving the letter on the counter she looks around once more, studying her fellow Changeling for a few moments before moving on to the snowglobes and the scenes contained within.

M
    MrSogno

The Wizened's comment gets a cackle and a shake of his head, "This place is certanly a-manse-zing! And I thought it worth an ask, seeing as I'm the only one minus a chilly Mantle walking around. And here I thought I was going shopping! The things you learn."

As Deadly waits for the lemonade he begins to half-hum half-sing, "If you're going, to Sac-re-mento, be sure to wear, some Winter in your hair! Does that work? Eh, winter flowers maybe."

Katrin was rarely flustered but even the Winter Queen had to sit back and take stock as more Lost entered her usually tranquil shop, excusing herself to exit the shop to the back. Fortunately, she had refilled her lemonade supply recently, along with her vodka. When she re-enters, Katrin is carrying a tray with several empty, ice-chilled glasses and a jug full of cloudy liquid, which she places on the counter and begins to pour before offering them around. Sitting behind the counter, Katrin asks every changeling to take a seat somewhere, which seems easy enough as there seems to be many ornate pieces scattered here and there.

When all is settled, Katrin says, "I shall start by saying welcome to Sacramento, one and all. We offer you all a sanctuary, a place to move on with your lives following the trauma no doubt suffered at Thier hands, yes? All I ask for now is an introduction from each, a little information of yourselves and, perhaps, as an icebreaker," she says with a smile, taking a sip of the crisp, fresh lemonade, "an interesting fact no-one could possibly know. Perhaps I should start, yes? I am Katrin Byeli, I have been the Queen of thr Silent Arrow here in Sacramento for too many years now, and at one time, I was an accomplished ice dancer having the privilege of performing at the Olympic games."

M
    MrSogno

"An ice-breaker? Madame, I might consider accusing you of punning while on duty!" Deadly cackles again as a glass finds its way into his hands and he takes a long sip from it.

"As said, I'm Deadly." He poses ferociously for a moment, claws curled around the stemware before his natural exuberance breaks through and makes him look more muppet-ish than usual. "I'm not new come to Sacremento, but I wanted to establish myself before getting ensnared in the Freehold. I own a theatre, so people flying about or turning into other things isn't an unusual situation; I'm usually the one making it happen! Something to top that in terms of interest... ah! I have worked with math not released to the public!" He smiles broadly, quite pleased with his factoid.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.