Matteo Guarnaschelli

Presence 3 (Artsy)
    Blood Potency 1

Mortal Status:
    Culture 1 (Musician)

Vampire Status:
    Invictus 2
    Nosferatu 1

Miach shakes hand firmly with the man, a smile creeping back up on his face.

Las Vegas, City of Vice, Sin, and Pleasure... Been there, done that. Enjoyed it, too...

There's no helping his smirk as some memories resurface. Driving all day in the desert heat to party all night, drinking, gambling, winning, dancing, partying, and then some. Those had been blessed times of blissful ignorance and raw pleasure. Perhaps there is some good to memories, come to think of it... you just have to select the ones. You just have to build them otherwise, pile the good ones atop the others until you've buried deep, deep all pain.

And what might you be doing here then, Alister ?

"Job offer, for one. That and an associate of mine mentioned that he needed a bit of help with a project of his, so I came as soon as I was able." He glances over at Raum a few tables away, then back to Miach. "What brings you from the City of Angels?"

Miach

PRE

[spoiler]Question from a beginner, please : what does "MnG" means in the thread title, please ?[/spoiler]

There's only the slightest pause as Alister enquires about Miach whereabouts. He had seen it coming, of course, and he's prepared. So he goes for the truth, if not the whole truth.

Same, really. I'm a physician, and I've been offered a job here. That, and an associate of mine too, if you can believe it. If you were a girl, now would be the time when I point out it must have been Fate bringing us together, you know... except you're not exactly a girl, that is. Eh... but whatever, I can still buy you drink, Al, if you'd like ?

Miach shrugged and laughed genuinely, his mind off his worries for a time.

Q

Matteo Guarnaschelli

Presence 3 (Artsy)
    Blood Potency 1

Mortal Status:
    Culture 1 (Musician)

Vampire Status:
    Invictus 2
    Nosferatu 1

"Already got one, and already taken besides. Thank you for the offer, though." Alister chuckled at that, holding up his own cup. "I have noticed that people are drawn to places like this when the need arises. Nothing like a good cup of tea and an enlightening conversation to help keep one Awake." The capital letter is subtle, but noticeable enough that Miach would most likely catch the inflection.

As Raum ( Sirith ) approaches the table, Alister grins widely. "Well, fancy see you here." He glances at Miach. "Perhaps Fate is at work here after all." He stands, offering Raum a hand. "Good to see you again. Took us a bit to wrap up that last job in Vegas, but we made it here safe and sound."

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

OOC

Raums comes to the table, smiling lightly, and he shakes hands with Alister.

"Am I not disturbing you, I hope? Just wanted to say hi, Alister, it's good to see you. Sorry I didn't wave my hand, I was talking business for a bit. So the project went smoothly, didn't it? From 'we' I assume that your companion is in the city. I'd love to talk sometime and hear how are you and how is it going at Vegas since my moving out."

The man turns to Miach, extending his hand to him. "Nice to meet you, I'm Raum. Haven't seen you in the city earlier, I guess you're new here? I advise to try a Turkish coffee here, it keeps you Awake when you need to finish your business."

Alister can see that's Raum; it was his way, friendly and outgoing for Guardian standards, like it was the most natural thing in the world.

Miach

PRE

OOC

Already things were back in motion, and Miach was right at home chatting comfortably with strangers. Or should he rather say: strangers for now ?
    The usual dance of words was not exactly is forte, but obviously he was fed a special kind of bait, and he knew he had to take it.

I'm Miach.I'm not much of a Sleeper, you know, so I'll gladly take any advice on how best to fill my time Awake. And since I'm new in this town, is there any other tips I should be aware of ? You seem to be in-the-know, and I'd hate to miss out on what this city as to offer. Or to misstep and be on anyone's bad side before I had even time to earn it...

He laughed at the professed confession of mischief, but it was clear to all that the message was not in those last words. Miach's eyes were not laughing either as they gauged Raum carefully.

Q

Matteo Guarnaschelli

Presence 3 (Artsy)
    Blood Potency 1

Mortal Status:
    Culture 1 (Musician)

Vampire Status:
    Invictus 2
    Nosferatu 1

Alister chuckles as he takes a sip of his drink, motioning for Raum to take a seat if he so wishes. "Definitely. Kincaid told me to say hello and see how you were doing. Maybe we three can get dinner at some point."

"As for more information on the city, he's the man to talk to." He gives Raum a nod. "I got into town yesterday, although the good Mr. Townsend did fill me in a bit."

Miach

PRE

Miach nodded in agreement, before adding

A dinner could definitly be nice, yes. Perhaps we could invite that M.Townsend, too, that you just mentioned ? I never tire of meeting new people, and all the less when they're interesting.

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

"Well, I could say I'm in the know, but if you were talking with an old-timer, I don't think I could tell you more. I'm here for a three weeks. If I was to ask about a city, I'd go to one girl, Ariadne," he's saying as he sits at the table, "I have her phone number."

"As for a dinner with you and Kincaid, Alister, I'd be more than glad. You tell me when you're free and what would you like and I tell you where we could go, how that sounds for you, Ali?"

He turns to Miach. For a short while he's rubbing his eyebrow, thinking what and how to tell him. He wasn't even sure what Order was he. Well, that was up for him to check... with a little small riddle, hidden behind casual talk. Such a small test...

"Well, for basic tips, it's pretty much a war zone. You know what I mean? Some of the better gangs are trying to team up against some pretty rough thugs, but they're not as much organized as they'd like to. Few years ago they were cleaned up from the map, but you know how it goes. Looks like the current boss isn't showing much of himself, so no need to show him your face. You want to be known by the smaller fishes in the pond. With what gangs are you the most popular? You know what I mean?"

Q

Matteo Guarnaschelli

Presence 3 (Artsy)
    Blood Potency 1

Mortal Status:
    Culture 1 (Musician)

Vampire Status:
    Invictus 2
    Nosferatu 1

"Sounds excellent, Raum. I believe you still have my numb...er..." Whatever he was going to say fades out as the wave of Qadesh's Nimbus floods the area, causing his hair to stand on end and the cup of tea in his hand to feel almost gritty for a moment.

"...well. That's one way to get one's attention." Alister smirks, looking to his two tablemates. "Suppose we should head on them, hmm?"

Miach

PRE

Miach was listening politely to Raum, commiting to memory all the man said. He had barely arrived in town, and he needed a basic lay of the land if he wanted to get going well.

Ariadne, you say ? Good, I might be interested in her number, yes, if it's not too much to ask ?

Now, when Raum mentioned a place at war, and gangs, Miach couldn't help but shirk, as if he had been threatened. Obviously, he had hoped another answer, and was reacting poorly to the news.

I'm not much of a fighter, you know, and I'll make sure to avoid the roughest thugs as much as possible. I'm more of a Bookworm, being a physician, and all. I try to help people keep going, but I don't take part in no war.

He was obviously not about to expand about it, and an akward silence would have fallen around the table, if an asian Awakened had not made the equivalent of a loud shout for all of them to hear. Miach didn't need any such stimulation to indulge his appetites, and it took him a good handful of seconds to regain his full composure.

My, yes... that's quite... some... summon. I concur, it would be bad form to make the man wait, now that he's made me curious. Shall we, then ?

The tall red-haired man rose, threw a few dollars on the table to pay the coffees, and walked out toward the asian fellow. He was smiling, but tense at the same time. The artificial feelings he had been made to feel were not quite as nice as they used to be, and he felt more careful to be wary.

Closed Thread