Ended
Watch
21 - 26
DISPLAYED
(1109) Qadesh, Leo Rex, Hephaestus

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    R
    Reathin

Hephaestus had been deliberately trying to blend. It was one of the simplest ways to learn about people: let them go on and do their thing and try to interfere as little as possible. Now however, he was drawn back into the conversation, and on the very subject he had been so hoping to avoid. He wasn't about to lie about it though, so he would have to hope that his earlier impression spoke louder than his Order's reputation. Or perhaps he was simply going to have to stop feeling so irked by some of the members and accept it for what it was. That might take some time though. Hephaestus was many things, but swift to change was not one of them.

"Yes. I was inducted into the Free Council some time ago." He didn't smile, but his face softened ever so slightly. Whether it was embarrassment at admitting that (or embarrassment at being embarrassed) or a more pleasant thought wasn't clear. In truth, it was a mix of both. For all his occasional feeling of being out of place with the predominantly younger, more...interesting...members, there was a great deal of things to be admired about its ideals, especially about the nature of magic. Within a moment, the original look on his face returned as the thought was dispelled. He spent too much time dwelling on that as it was.

"Though I admit, I was somewhat conflicted. There were many things about the Mysterium that would have been a strong choice. I have a friend or two there however."

O
    Ophidimancer

"Yes," Qadesh said, nodding, "nothing is ever usually a perfect fit. If it weren't for my Mentor, I might have joined the Free Council myself, instead of the Silver Ladder. Their philosophies aren't that far apart, in some respects."

He drew another card from his breast pocket and handed it to the Libertine.

"My cabal mate is one of the Free Councilors. I think he mentioned something about a meeting coming up soon. I can get you in touch with him."

L
    LivingScarecrow

Leo Rex allows himself a subdued smile to himself before he speaks. "The Free Councilors are a noble order. Their methods are catching up with the times, something not all Awakened do." he said, speaking honestly and plainly. "The Mysterium are also an admirable lot. I have had some experience working with the Order and I was quite pleased on their outlooks. I, however, felt a calling to the Ladder that was unmistakable. I couldn't possibly see myself in any other Order."

His smile now was almost cocky. Quite excited to meet the other Thearchs. Qadesh here shows a rather lovely amount of initiative. Very socially apt, very likable. Typical for a Mastigos, I'd assume.

O
    Ophidimancer

Satisfied that he had made contact with some new mages and steered them to the right people, Qadesh stood up and smiled.

"Well it was great to meet you guys. Feel free to stay here and chat or come on out and mingle."

The Thearch waited a moment to see if the two mages would add anything else, then he opened the door to the room and strolled out to the main room of Written in Water.

L
    LivingScarecrow

Leo Rex gave a polite nod to Qadesh and Hephaestus.

"It was a pleasure meeting you both. I'm glad I had the chance to make myself acquainted so soon after coming to Sacramento. If you don't mind, I will make my leave and introduce myself to the other Awakened of the city. I assume a great deal are right outside." he says, charming smile set fast on his visage.

He walks out of the room, moving out into the bookstore proper.

R
    Reathin

Hephaestus nodded to the two men as they left but did not himself get up to leave the room immediately. Sitting quietly, he pondered the pair. He found himself mildly annoyed, which was something he was experiencing far too much as of late. He knew it was his own perspective that was causing the problem, but changing that sort of thing took quite a while. The line Leo had left on about the Free Council and Mysterium struck him as vaguely condescending, but again, that could very well just be his own attitude talking. Still, they didn't seem too bad all in all. Nothing that he suspected he would have serious trouble interacting with in the future. Taking one last look around the nicely appointed room, the Moros decided to wait a few moments and simply take his time. Enjoy the decor. It was certainly extensive. He half considered switching to Matter-based supernal vision, but decided against it. Sometimes, ones own eyes were enough. Eventually, he stood up and, taking a moment to center his balance on his cane, stepped back out into the primary room of the store.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.