Watch
101 - 109
DISPLAYED
Searching for Maria Redux

Page 11 of 11 First ... 7 8 9 10 11
    I
    Irina

Jacque

The cops who had been dispatched, like thousands before them, had dealt with smartasses in possession of gun before. Sometimes a cop hesitated, because they were Human after all. This one didn't. There was a civilian in the vicinity, and a guy in front of him who didn't know when to lie down and be apprehended.

The cop fire off a round, severe-faced and calm. His partner too, kept his arms steady beside him.

4 Successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-12-11 15:06:58 ST rolls 11 to Chatty, Chatty, Bang, Bang (10 Again) 1, 7, 8, 2, 7, 9, 4, 2, 9, 3, 8 4 successes

Jacque takes 4L. Please roll initiative

Nicole

Ana allowed Nicole to move her, a split second before the gunshot sounded below. It rang out clearly around the motel. She let out a horrified gasp, hands rising to her mouth.

I
    IberianCastaway

10 for Initiative

Jennifer Hazelton

Nicole's confusion about Jacque's text was now replaced by fear and confusion. There was no way she was leaving when there were gun shots sounding outside. The investigator does wonder about the content of Jacque's text and glances over towards Anna; scrutinizing her expression for any sign of impending danger.

I
    Irina

Jacque

Initiative order

Cop with cuffs: 16
    Cop with gun: 11
    Jacque: 10

Pain explodes in the region of Jacque's stomach and, though he doesn't go down completely, he staggers back a couple of steps. All in all, he's damned lucky the cop didn't shoot to kill.

A few feet away, cuffs are dangled as the secondary cop in the dismal scenario stepped forward. They are taking no chances with Jacque, even if he does have a gun shot wound to contend with.

The calm cop, the guy clearly in charge of this particular takedown, barrels against Jacque to knock him down.

3 Successes to Grapple
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-12-11 16:48:12 ST rolls 8 to Takedown (10 Again) 10, 9, 9, 5, 7, 2, 1, 7, 4 3 successes

Jacque is UP. You may contest the grapple with a roll of Strength + Brawl -3 to break free

Nicole

Ana merely looked fearfully toward the windowm and that emotion was obviously entirely truthful. There was nothing unusual about her.

"I hope... no one died,"
    she murmured softly.

Jennifer Hazelton

"I'm sure it's fine," Nicole lied. "The security downstairs looked very composed."

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-12-11 16:58:12 Nicole Port rolls 7 to Lying (10 Again) 3, 10, 1, 7, 5, 9, 7, 8 3 successes

Just because she wasn't entirely convinced; she moved to the door and fastened the lock across the door.
    "Just so we're fine until the police arrive," Nicole said to Anna; trying to be reassuring. She took a seat; hoping Anna relaxes enough to do so herself.

"What I was saying," She tries to distract Anna from the gun shot, what the hell?. "- is that you've been very helpful. I'm going to continue looking for Maria. How about I call you this evening and give you an update."

I
    IberianCastaway

As the bullet enters into Jacque's chest his vision goes blurry. It felt like he just got the wind knocked out of him and his legs turn to jelly. When the cop charges at him it knocks him to his senses.

He didn't want this, he didn't want to threaten that receptionist, he didn't want to piss of these cops, he certainly didn't want to be fucking shot, the only reason why he wanted to be here was to help some poor girl. However, the world was very seldom designed for what he wanted.

He didn't think about ethics or decently, the world faded away and all that was left was the cop who had his hands on him. It was these cops who started this fight, but it would be Jacque who ended it, even if it meant him going down fighting.

Jacque opens his mouth wide and attempts to sink his teeth deep into his grappler's eye socket.

Results

I
    Irina

Jacque

It was a valiant attempt from Jacque, however the grapple that the cop held him in was far too tough. The Frenchman's head barely rises from the ground, let alone any contact made. The cop lets his partner to cuff the perpetrator with his hands firmly behind his back, while he takes Jacque's gun from him.

"Radio it in. Bastard does need medical treatment," one of them snorted.

THe crackle of the radio sounded in the small reception area, and the conversation that ensued was quick and to the point.

Nicole

"Oh?" Ana nodded, a little more calmed by Nicole's words. "You still want to help?" the woman even managed a smile, distracted from the events outside as her mind returned to her daughter.

She grabbed up a small notebook and quickly jotted down her telephone number. "You're being so helpful. Thank you."

Jennifer Hazelton

"Of course, Anna. I want to find out where Maria is; I assure you." Nicole promises the other woman, taking her number and tucking it into her pocket. She checks Jacque's text message and decides to head out the back and give him a call once she makes it to the car.

She pockets her cell phone.

"I'll call you tonight," She reminds Anna, rising and shaking the woman's hand. "Don't worry, we'll find her."

I
    IberianCastaway

Jacque put up no struggle as the cops cuffed him. His head slumped down, sullen and defeated. The endorphin's had successively deadened most of the pain from the bullet wound. Although he was all too aware of the blood seeping out of his stomach in rhythmic pulses. He was afflicted with a feeling of utter weakness, a feeling of being stricken and shriveled up to nothing, less than nothing.

"Youuu... youuu enculés are d-d-done for... youu shot me while... while I hands up youuu.... tu connasses... la putain de ta race... ta établissement..."

Jacque kept his mouth shut, cursing himself for his outburst. He would find a way out of this, he always found a way out. But if he wanted to keep any of his vital organs intact goading the cops into putting another bullet into him wasn't the way to do it. His situation didn't look too grim; he didn't have any prior convictions in this country, he didn't even draw the damn gun, the lack of license would screw him over though. His mind shifted to thoughts of Miss Port, she didn't respond to his text. Who knew what the hell was going on up there.

Good girl, shouldn't of gotten involved with me. I'm so sorry Nicole, Sara... Maria. I fucked up. I just fucked up really bad...

He noticed his cell ringing was ringing. It was Port. He couldn't help but smile. Good job Miss Port. Hopefully you'll do better without me.

Page 11 of 11 First ... 7 8 9 10 11