Ricardo makes one of his many pilgrimages to Central Library. This time, he is looking for a carpentry book he had shipped from another library. He heads to the circulation desk in the front to see if they have his book.

Julianne calmly walks into the library halls, she was interested in something dense, something that would keep her mind busy all the while keeping the hectic of the last couple of days behind her... settling in a new city and finding a new routine was taxing for her.

Nearby, Ricardo senses another Beast. As casually as he can, he moves out of line and gets ready to activate a power. As he approaches the other Kindred, a wave of calm emanates from him. She knows he is a vampire but her Beast does not stir to attack this time.

Date Action Roll Result
2011-10-01 16:27:15 Ricardo Rodriguez Reyes rolls 8 to to use Conciliation (Presence + Persuasion + Tezcatl) (10 Again) 10, 9, 6, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 3 2 successes

Julianne felt a sudden sting in her beast, a sudden urge, that dissipated as soon as it appeared, replaced by a calm emotion... odd but welcoming.

"Good evening. I don't believe we have been introduced." Ricardo says to the attractive newcomer. "I am Ricardo Rodriguez Reyes."

Julianne turns to the newcomer, the vampire that somehow made her feel calm and composed without the need of effort on her part... She smiles shortly at the Mexican man in front of her. "Good evening, Mr Reyes" she says while glancing the room for any kine nearby " My name is Cross, Julianne Cross" she says in a plain voice "a pleasure to meet you"

Ricardo's smile wavers a little. Once again, someone got his name wrong. "A pleasure to meet you too, Ms. Cross. However, my last name is Rodriguez, not Reyes." Since he had done this so many times, there was no malice in his voice."Would you be amenable to moving to a more secluded part of the library. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak freely." He looked around at the people nearby.

The damned in front of Rodriguez manages a slightly apologetic smile at his words. "My apologies Mr. Rodriguez" she says politely with no hint of boredom or crassness. "Perhaps we can go discuss some matters of literature and reading, i look forward to it Mr Rodriguez" her tone now polished and absolutely clam despite the fact she was meeting another damned.

He smiles back. "No problem Ms. Cross." The Mexican Lord leads her back to one of the many secluded reading rooms and hold the door open for her.

The newly arrived damned dutifully follows Rodriguez, she inquires him on their way to the reading room "So Mr. Rodriguez, what are your reading tastes? any favorite?" she asks casually, while her shoes reproduce the sound of heels on wood boards, she wouldn't clearly be going unnoticed by anyone nearby.

"Usually, I enjoy reading history. However, recently I have began brushing up on carpentry techniques. What about you Ms. Cross?" Once she is inside the room, he closes the door and holds out a chair for her.

"Thank you Mr Rodriguez"
she says while she gracefully positions herself comfortably in the chair, legs crossing, purse casually placed over the table, hands on her lap. "I myself enjoy an entire lot of subjects, ranging from history, religion and politics to more casual topics like... carpentry, although of a different sort" she says the last part with a slightly sardonic smile. "But i believe i digress Mr Rodriguez" she says, now with a calm and composed smile "I'm thankful for your kind approach, and i would also be curious as to newcomers..." she leaves the last word hanging around in the air, as if it had a deep meaning.

Ricardo is glad that Julianne seems ready to get down to business. "I am a Lord, currently among the unbound. May I inquire about your family and political affiliations?" Ricardo thought that nine times out of ten, people were more likely to be forthcoming if he provided some information himself. Quite frankly, he was proud to be a Lord and it showed.

Julianne adjusts herself to the chair. "Ah Lord" she says the word with her entire mouth and a distinct flavor, as if the word itself for her had meaning and purpose "Then, kind Mr Rodriguez i am in good and distinct company." she makes a small pause. "I count myself among the Ventrue too."

When Julianne announces that she is from the same family, Ricardo begins the tradition of reciting his lineage. "My sire was a Father Luis Ortega, Priest of the Sanctified; in turn his sire was Beatriz Quadros Roca, a mortal decedent Moctezuma himself; she was sired by Vinicio Peralta de Mosquera who was a Colonial." He had done this so many times, that it was now a rote memory.

Julianne nods acknowledging the Kindred's lineage while seemingly making effort to get some clue as to what those names might tell herself. After Ricardo finishes his formal introduction she recites her own shorter lineage "My sire was Francis Baltimore, from Chicago, elder of the Lancea et Sanctum" she speaks her sire's name with pride and rectitude. "The same Francis Baltimore, scion of the Icarian bloodline."

Julianne burns a blood and activates Constance

Ricardo paused. Elder of the Sanctified. That outranks Priest. However, she could only recite her sire's name. That was a strike against her. Ricardo had stated his Great Grandsire even thought he was disgraced. However, he continued to muse to himself, if she mentioned her Bloodline they must be in good standing. No one ever claims to be a Lunatic. "It seems that we were both raised in the Church. What brings you all the way from Chicago, if I may ask?"

She smiles back to Rodriguez "Indeed, Chicago, i always loved that town, and even today i find it difficult to leave the strings that attached me to that town behind... but my mission brought me to Sacramento." She pauses giving emphasis to the word mission. "I find it only appropriate my demand would bring me here to Sacramento... as if a new stage of my requiem was beginning here" she says in a composed tone with all the poise she could gather.

Well, thought Ricardo, I won't push that one. "I know how it is when duty to one's faith conflicts with personal desires. The path of the faithful is a difficult one indeed." He tried not to think about the tribulations he suffered for his Sire's faith. "I myself am from Mexico, and it was quite the culture shock coming here. Hopefully you will have an easier time adjusting." He meant that honestly.

She nods as if thanking Ricardo's welcoming "I thank you for your kind wishes, i know now it will be easier to settle, i believe i have found someone who enjoys reading, and also shares lineage and upbringing with me." she looks at Ricardo as if trying to notice any hint he could give.

"Indeed. If there is any way I can be helpful, do not hesitate to ask. Have you been formally acknowledged yet?" He remembered that it was ever citizen's duty to help another become acknowledged and to charge nothing for it. "There are few Lords in this Domain. Other than you, I have only spoken to a couple. However, like most places, our family has several high ranking members." He was a little ashamed at his position near the bottom of the hierarchy of Lords.

"Well, thank you Mr Rodriguez for your kind offer, I haven't yet been acknowledged... something I hope to change sooner than later. I also haven't been able to contact any member from the Lancea et Sanctum, until now at least." she smiles sharply at her last turn of phrase.

Ricardo moves for his phone and begins looking for a number to hide his hesitation. He had told her he was unaligned, but how could he explicitly say he was not Sanctified. After a moment, "Here we are. This is Deacon Grigoriev's number. He is the leader of the local Sanctified." He smiles back. At least he
could be helpful.

The Lordess interest gets picked, that much Ricardo could see, but he could also see the haste with which she held reign of her impulses as she immediately resumes a composed posture. "Most thankful for your help Mr Rodriguez" she says as she withdraws her mobile phone, she takes some time inserting the number and browsing through the menus... "Know that i always pay my debts Mr Rodriguez..." she says in a neutral tone, as if she was used to say those words in a different context. "Should you ever look for guidance, spiritual or otherwise, i will be there. Longinus teaches us to be a wolf among sheep... sometimes one needs to spend time as lone wolf to value his place in a pack... perhaps the day will come where you will need a welcome back in a pack." she says in a formal tone as if weighting her words.

As she hold his phone he hold up his hands. "Since Deacon Grigoriev is a Domain official, his phone number is publicly listed. If I made the mistake of charging for it, that could be called a crime." Especially if it was seen as part of her gaining Acknowledgment. "You do not owe me anything." He moves back to her more spiritual talk. "Since Midnight Mass is open, you may see me there one night." He hadn't had the urge to go before, but he liked the Deacon, and he was beginning to like Julianne. Hopefully, these Sanctified were more reasonable than the ones he knew back home.

She opens her hands as if ingratiating herself to Ricardo's words "Very well, once again, my heartfelt thank you." She carefully and calmly uncrosses her legs and crosses them again. Julianne looks to Ricardo with soft intent "Then i sincerely hope to see you there Mr Rodriguez, the Midnight mass is an important event for all kindred in any given town." She searches for something inside her purse. Withdraws a small moleskin. "I shall contact the Deacon, and i shall speak of him about you."

"You are most welcome. I have only talked to the Deacon twice, but both times he was a patient, reasonable and wise individual." As opposed to his own loco (crazy) Sire.

"Very well, i shall settle myself and hopefully next time we meet we will be at the Midnight Mass, perhaps even earlier.. i should get myself acquainted by the local Lancea et Sanctum." she pauses for a while and raises herself towards a book shelve "So, carpentry." she says in a casual tone as if searching for it in the shelve in front of her.

Ricardo was glad to move away from the more spiritual matters. "I have worked with my hands all my life. I wanted to do something that felt normal despite the move, new Domain and everything else." Plus he wanted to makes gifts for some officials. "Do you have an interest in carpentry as well?" He asked politely.

She smiles casually and shows her soft and emaciated hands to Ricardo, up close, as if offering them to him. "I believe those are not fit for carpentry, in other times you would find them with a dark tinge of witting ink..." But I believe I can understand what you mean, carpentry filled some holes that were left empty... I can understand that, she speaks softly, only briefly brushing any hint at anything spiritual...

The laborer had figured as much, but it was always more polite to ask. He inspected her hands carefully. Despite how clean they appeared, one of their kind could do strenuous labor and still wake up the next night wit the soft hands they had the night of the Embrace. "May I?" he asked indicating if he could touch them.

"Sure" she extends her hands up closer to the other kindred in front, no doubt or hesitation in her moves or voice tone.

He feels them carefully. The contrast between his rough and weathered hands and her smooth soft hands is easily apparent. "You are very fortunate." He says simply. Once he finishes his inspection, he moves back to her other comment. "Although we are taught to rejoice in our Damnation, it is sometimes difficult."

Julianne gently holds the larger and rougher hands, she holds them both, and looks at them, a plain smile crossing her face. "Adversity is a harsh mistress... that much i can say, but see from your hands, clearly they had suffered and were forced to endure... and hopefully you are now able to build things born of beauty and worth esteem" she approaches Rodriguez a bit. "So is our damnation born out for suffering and made to endure for if we are to experience bliss we must know darkness." she says in a soft and soothing tone, as if the darkness inherent to her message could be easily offered and accepted.

Ricardo looks into Julianne's eyes and smiles back. She had a point. Then again, people always said more reasonable things when they were recruiting someone than when that person didn't have a choice in the matter. "I will do my best." His voice waivers a bit, since he is still unsure, but he does his best to keep her gaze.

Julianne takes a small step backwards, slowly withdrawing her hands as if leaving a solemn promise of their return, her eyes close a bit for a brief moment and she inhales softly. "Well Mr Rodrigues, it has been an amazing time, and i sincerely hope to cross my path with yours soon. I should give you my mobile phone number, i believe that would be the least i could do to repay you for your kind welcome, feel free to call me."

The Hispanic sighs briefly. If he had been alive, he blood would be racing. "I would be glad to have your number and provide you with my own." After a brief pause, "Remember, you do not actually owe me anything. It was my pleasure to welcome you to the domain." That was true, even if she did give him serious pause about his religious outlook.

Julianne motions towards her purse, she withdraws her mobile again, "My number..." she says as she searches and haphazardly looks around the menus and phone numbers "923 382 821, this one should get you into contact with me Mr Rodriguez."

"Thank you, Ms.Cross." He replies, and then calls her so that she has his number as well.

Julianne searches the buttons of her mobile and seems to take her time adding the phone number to the list. "Well, the pleasure is mine Mr Rodriguez" she pauses for a while "I will treasure this moment we shared, perhaps next time you will be able to show me your works in carpentry." she says smiling warmly.

"I would enjoy that. The pleasure was all mine, Ms Cross." He smiles back and hesitates, but continues, "When we are not around other Kindred, please feel free to call me Ricardo."

Julianne seems taken by surprise by Ricardo's advance, at least for a while, she then recovers her more composed mien. "Well, thank you Ricardo, i hope to continue to deserve your trust in the future, you can address me by my first name to if you feel comfortable with it, Julianne would do, when we share no company but ours." she says in a tone of confession.

At first Ricardo worried that he had been too forward. However, when she says he can do the same he feels better. "Of course when we are alone. In public... let's just say the Court is very formal."

"Sure." she smiles casually at the warning. "I shall take my leave Ricardo, time is running thin, and i have errands to run if i wish to settle in."

Ricardo holds the door open for her. "I hope to see you again soon Julianne."

"I hope to see you again soon to Ricardo, maybe at the midnight mass, or in some other occasion before" Julianne leaves, letting the small moleskin over the table in the room.

After Julianne departs, Ricardo picks up the moleskin. He looks out the door to see if she is coming back for it. Once he sees that she is not, he figures he might as well take a look at it. As soon as Ricardo open the moleskin he can notice Julianne's composed handwriting that stands apart, very organized and speaking of some old franchised calligraphy, the notes most of them seem to be personal and about faith and her own view of Longinus catechism. On the notes Ricardo finds allusions to an epiphany but no details about it and some small excerpts form the catechism with notes.