Ended
Watch
141 - 144
DISPLAYED
The Spiral IV: Halloween Poker Night

Page 15 of 15 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
    K
    Kazakin

"I remember, back when I was working Homicide, we had this guy come in who'd been shot for usin' a marked deck," Derevko said conversationally, or at least as close as he could ever manage to be. He finished off knocking back the rest of his jack and coke. "Hell of a fuckin' thing. He'd cheated some guys... 'business partners', if you know what I mean, so they shot him. And then they took the deck, right, and shoved it-" Derevko paused, on some level figuring that this was a conversation better for a cop bar. Well, at least he was changing the subject. Sort of. Badly.

"Anyway, the coroner couldn't keep a straight face while he was checking the guy out, 'cause every time he opened him up or moved him, another card would just pop out the fuck out, like some sorta magic trick."

Jennifer Hazelton

The Old Man obliged Daysha by dropping off another round. If it had taken him ten minutes to do it; his expression read that he really didn't give a damn. He gave the table an idle glance, catching that Gregory didn't seem to have a stack. He glanced at Gregory before turning to head back towards the bar.

D
    Daysha Jackson

“Look.” Daysha nearly said Kiddo, but she refrained. “Greg. No one asked you to leave. After Jacque-ass was in here earlier we’re all a bit tense. To put it mildly. We all come here to swap stories, bullshit and relax.” She picked up her smoke and took a drag. “Hell, it’s not like Derevko and I are besties or any shit like that. We only chide each other to relieve stress.” I can’t believe I have to fucking explain myself.

“I don’t dislike him, and well I don’t know what his opinion of me is. The rest of us, for one reason or another need to kick back with a drink, smoke or a deck of cards.” She shrugged. She smirked a little considering what she said came after Derevko’s comment.

“Do you think that case got shuffled around a bit?” Cocking her brow to the Agent.

When the drinks were placed on the table. Daysha set her cards down. She looked a little drunk as she stood up and announced with glass in her hand and she raised it. “I propose a toast.” Yeah, she was at least tipsy enough to do this. She looked to Harlowe, Tom, Rory, Greg and Derevko. “To friends old and new. Something borrowed something blue. Uh vampires, ghosts and ghouls. I sure do look forward to working with you.” She tipped her glass forward slightly. “Happy Halloween.” A cheesy grin came across her face as she took a drink. It wasn't brilliant, but she'd never made a toast before. Where's Irish when something dumb and clever needed to be said?

R
    RobbyL9

His eyes flicked from side to side as Jackson finished her toast. Gregory scooted back in and raised the glass he was given. "Agreed. Here's to all of you." he smiled in response to her awkward, but appreciated attempt to lighten the mood "Zum wohl. To your fulfillment."

Page 15 of 15 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.