Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1110) Eternal Autumn

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

The Hollow Commons stands almost empty on this particular Autumn afternoon. Those employed at the Four Seasons must currently be too busy attending to their mundane jobs to notice the lone woman waiting outside of the Throne Room for an audience with Rick Pereg, the Ashen King and Ascendant Sovereign of the freehold. Betony Rue Jasons, the Leaden Mirror's Witch of the Bitter Wind, has ensconced herself with her knitting next to the enormous double doors as she awaits the king of her Court. Strange as it sounds, it might seem as if the other changelings are steering clear of the Commons in hopes of avoiding this woman.

Betony Rue Jasons | Ogre: Witchtooth | Autumn Mantle 4: Sense of urgency | Rigid Mask

L

Rick pauses at the end of the hall, glancing up from his phone as he noticed Betony Rue. He'd been planning to search out Mr. Bates, the text he'd eceived had seemed important. but Betony seemed to be waiting...and between those particular two Courtiers only one of them had ever made threats regarding bits of himself that he'd really rather keep inside of him where they belonged. Granted, she probably wouldn't threaten an Ascendant Sovereign...but it wasn't worth testing.

So he detours and makes his way down the hall towards her. "Miss Jasons," she didn't seem the type for elaborate greetings anyway, "Are you waiting for something?"

The Jasons woman stands when Rick approaches and maintains her unerringly straight posture as she gives him a brief curtsy.

"I was waiting for you, Mr. Pereg. It has come to my attention that you have announced a target for this year's Hunt of Leaves."

Although both her words and demeanor are cold and serious, there is very little sign of the usual menace that normally seems to lurk just below the surface.

"I wish to hear for myself the target that has been named."

L

"The target of this year's Ash Run, once I can find a reliable way to locate him, will be Skin 'n Bones protege, the one who attacked Moira. Peter Milford, I believe, is a name I've heard associated with him." Of course, naming him as the target now inevitably raised a question. Should Milford have been the target last year, had convincing HAL to call it on Tickle instead been a mistake? Was calling it on Milford instead of Enzo this year a mistake? He wasn't sure, as to any of the answers. And he'd probably never really know. So he'd just have to be content that he'd made what felt like the best choices at the time...and hope they actually were.

"I'm sure we'll all rest easier once he's dealt with."

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

Al-Adin strolls into court, the laughter of children having just heard a potty joke announcing his presence to the room.

"Heya!" He waves to the King, and walks up to the person he remembers vaguely. At least, he thinks its her.
    Al-Adin's voice is shocked and happy:"I remember you! We were in the mirror world, and trying to find the guy who was taking kids right?"
    The kids seem even happier, and Al-Adin seems like he can't contain himself. He puts up a hand, in an obvious enticement of a high five.
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

Mary enters the room, brushing off her shivers from the cool rains outside. Approaching King Rick, she mutters, "Excuse me, sir, I believe I need to make a pledge with you."

K
    Kazakin

Rook walked towards the Freehold Commons, noticing the general quiet. His tie was loosened, and the mirrored sunglasses were in place over his Mask-less eyes. The metal lenses flickered sideways, and the Metalflesh wondered exactly why it was so quiet.

Perhaps everyone was busy? He didn't particularly know, or care. Right now, he just wanted a drink, in an area without a group of Mortals he'd have to worry about seeing or hearing something he didn't want them to.

I've... been drinking a lot lately. Laura would worry.

Laura isn't here.

Sam Barkley

PRE

Barkley enters the Seasons, dressed in his typical fashion (thoughtlessly and stained), smelling of drink and Hedge-stink. He was also interested in the Ash Run; HAL had done him a turn to name that lunatic Greenteeth back before Mister Roboto went off the deep end himself, and Sam would repay that debt to his heir to the throne. And Sam was nearly certain that Rick wasn't as crazy as HAL, at least not yet, so that was all well and good. But he had to finish a conversation he'd started at the Coronation with Spartan, and the Wizened was certain he'd find the new Ogre King here tonight. In the meantime, he occupies himself with greeting those who were here already with small nods and waves.

Betony Rue gets the strangest look on her face as she opens her mouth to speak, however no sound comes out. Closing her mouth, she blinks rapidly as she seems to compose herself before trying again.

"Yes. I agree. However, you should be aware that I have already taken matters into my own hands. The Tolltaker Knighthood have been offered a bounty for Mr. Milford and they do not take losing a contract lightly. You might wish to contact the Knight Banneret of their order. His name is Old Scatch. He can normally be found at the Fleshmarket under the bridge."

The ogress looks down at Al-Adin as if her dinner had jumped off of her plate and danced an Irish jig... while giving her the finger.

"Yes, I remember you Mr. Adin. Unlike those who apparently had no trouble abandoning those children, I still continue to look for the tormentor of the Kincaid boy and the Crandall girl."

Completely ignoring the beast's attempt at a high five, the Jasons woman turns back to Rick.

"Thank you for your time, Mr. Pereg. Before I leave, there is another matter..."

Betony Rue casts a wicked glance at the other Spring Courtier who interrupts her conversation with the Autumn King, but composes herself before continuing.

"As the four Seasons come and go, and one ruler changes for another, as is the natural way of things, you shall watch over the Freehold and shape it from the predations of the Others. In return, I shall follow the rules laid down and never bring danger to our society, and in doing so, shall find my mind stays whole and focused. If I break this oath, may I be banished from the land forever."

S
    Spartan

In walks the Hoplite of Summer. His mantle of war rolls around him as he makes his way in. Spartan gives a nod to Rick as he enters and does what he normally does, makes his way to the buffet. What? A Ogre's gotta eat. Spartan begins loading up plate(s).

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread