Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
351 - 354
DISPLAYED
(1110) Eternal Autumn

Page 36 of 36 First ... 26 32 33 34 35 36

"Oh, right," Terri said, somewhat arkwardly. She'd never even thought about how hard it must be if her mien was broken in any way, her ear tufts, bushy tail or blackbird feathers on display to the world. In truth, she probably wouldn't be the person she was, always willing to throw herself into any situation without a care. She placed a hand on the Metalflesh's arm. "I'm sorry, Rook. I didn't mean to pry. It must be difficult."

K
    Kazakin

"No, it's... fine. Curiousity's not a bad thing," Rook replied, after a moment's consideration. The respect for his privacy, at least, was something he appreciated. In an odd way, it seemed to make him feel more comfortable, even with the contact. Physical contact was so rare for him, outside of a brawl, that it threw him.

Chess pieces didn't embrace, or shake hands, or touch each other reassuringly. His hands were not designed for friendliness.

"It is difficult. I'm fortunate in a way though- at my age, most people don't question the sunglasses, and it's easily covered. It's a damn pain at night though- if I'm not familiar with a dark area, I'm the bane of everything at shin height," the joke was weak, and a little flat, but he tried anyway.

L

"I don't even think he'd need to enter the Hedge if he were to attempt a repeat performance of the problems we faced here. At least a significant portion of the issues were caused by...intermediaries. If you could keep tabs on him, that should work. I don't think he'll try to do it again, but I just want some way to check up on him and make sure."

"Consider it done. You may consider this matter settled, sir."

Looking around the Commons, Mr. Bates smiles as he watches the bustle of activity. The names and faces seem to change with the Seasons, yet there always remains a solid strength in numbers. Turning, his short, quick steps take him toward the elevator, and presumably up to the room currently lodging Mr. Tickle, in order to discuss his fellow wizened's future. A future which now seems a little brighter and less fearful than it had just a moment before.

End Scene

Page 36 of 36 First ... 26 32 33 34 35 36
Closed Thread