This happened a short while ago, after "The Last Letter"

A few days after the nearly devastating letter Alice sat on her couch, her favorite blood addict sat on the couch in front of her. He was eating, she was reading. It could have been so normal, if it wasn't her own diary she was reading. It had been one of the things sent with the box. Decades ago Alice and Bethany had exchanged their diaries, so they would be able to remember each other as good as they were as humans, so innocent.

But who cares about innocence these days? Alice was in a bitter mood, and even though Nicholas had always been very good in 'cheering her up', her mind was now with the text.

Dear diary,

I could not wait to tell you in honesty that french people are so funny, maybe it is because I do not speak their language, but they will surely understand my laughter. And the guys, well let’s say my sis and I can enjoy ourselves by just sitting on a bench in one of Paris’ cozy plazas. I am certainly having a good time. Dad is always busy, but we knew that beforehand. He is on a business trip after all. Nevertheless, he promised us to take us to a museum tomorrow, what is it called again? Oofre… Loover…

Ok, I had to ask it to Bethany, but it is written as "Louvre". How could I know? People here all pronounce it so strange, leaving characters out, adding others. Anyhow, I am really excited about it. Dad told us it has paintings he doesn’t even dare hope to ever trade. Such class, so expensive, made by the most famous artists.

But hey, that is Sunday. What to do until then?

You probably guessed right, of course you know me better than anyone else. But I have convinced Bethany to visit Paris’ nightlife. Dad has forbidden us, but we are old and wise enough now, in my opinion. I simply cannot leave Paris without having seen a real courtesan! Then there is also all the restaurants and romantic streets, completely different from the London pubs, that is a fact. Good lord, I wish we could be having fun together forever, me and my sister... The sister who is calling me right now. Tomorrow I will tell you more my friend, goodbye!

Well that tomorrow never really came. This was the last page, the beginning of her end. Well, Alice doesn’t regret it. If she hadn’t been so stupid that night, if she hadn’t convinced her ever wise sister that night, then she wouldn’t be so beautiful this night. Paris’ nightlife had introduced her into the eternal nightlife. And one of the last sentences, how ironic. “Oh I wish we could be having fun together forever”. A dream that had almost come true. But now Bethany is dead… I have no direct family left anymore... Somehow realizing this was another kind of shock for the Daeva. She was alone in the world right now.

With fresh ears in her eyes Alice looked up to Nicholas, the handsome Nicholas, eating, or actually devouring his pizza. She really felt something for him, hence why he moved in with her. Yes…

… it is time for replacement. New family.

To be continued