Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
A Matter of Perspective

A
    Ariana Donovan

Previously in NYC, part 8

Ariana had barely left the New York Daily News when a familiar car arrived not far down the street from the paper. A ghoul left the drivers side and opened the door to the rear passenger door staring at her as she walked their direction. She knew very well who it was. Gregory Bainsworth.

As she got into the car, she was nervous, but sat stone cold in the seat. Ariana did not know what was going on as her previous assignment was complete. Or so she thought.

“Miss Donovan, I believe we need to have a few words regarding your actions as of late.” The Lord did not look at her as he spoke.

Ariana instinctively turned her head and looked down and replied. “Yes, Lord Bainsworth.”

She waited and looked at him for a response, but he said nothing as the car drove to a place that was familiar to her. Conner’s place. Ariana dared not let her eyes widen, but inside she was panicking. The car drove a block away and the ghoul opened the door to the vehicle once they had parked.

“Please get out of the vehicle and come here.” Greg spoke.

Pretending to not know what was going on, she did as instructed and joined him on the sidewalk. There was a strange smell in the air one that smelled of fear to many of their kind.

Greg grabbed her shoulders and turned her to him looking into her fearful eyes. “I have told you many times that you are forbidden to interact with others. Yet I allowed you to let the Mekhet assist you with your task. I have eyes everywhere you should know this by now.”

Ariana turned her head up to look at the 9th floor where Conner’s haven was. “Oh no!” She exclaimed reflexively. The windows were missing some of the smoke was still smoldering from the apartment.

Gregory grabbed the side of her arm with a grip so hard it broke her ulna. “Smile. For that is all you can do and all I will allow you to do. You needn’t worry about hiding away your little secret anymore. It’s all over now.”

The only one she knew more than just a smile and a hello in her vampiric world was gone. Taken away like everything else in her requiem. Ariana was alone, save for Louie, in which none of this she could discuss with him.

Ariana was torn in how to feel. She betrayed him but it was not her fault. Yet she hardly knew him or what circle he ran with. Either way, a requiem may have ended because of her.

C
    Conner Greyson

January 12th 2010
    2132 hours
    Bronx, New York City, New York

Across the street and up about 9 stories stood Conner Greyson. He looked across the way to the burned out apartment building that was once his haven. The building was burned, scorched and smoked. Conner never really thought of it as a home but it was safe. Only one person beyond Conner had ever been to his haven. Only one person had been trusted enough for him to share the location of his home. And now, his home lies in ash, his ghoul stabbed 12 times and then slashed across the throat. 13 wounds. 13 seemed to be the unlucky number. How did Conner know the amount of wounds? They called him and told him, once they were sure he had escaped their attack.

Conner saw a limo drive up to the building and out stepped a most loathed figure, “Hello Lord Bainsworth...” Conner said to the breeze and snowfall...

And then... then he sees the confirmation... Ariana Donovan steps out of the limo and looks up to the burned building. She then returns to the car. “Thank you for providing me with proof...” Conner said, the anger in his voice melting the snow to rain as it falls. Conner turned and made his way to the fire escape on the other side of the building.

“All may not be as it seems.” A Russian voice says as Conner walks past a large air handler. Rurik steps out from the shadow.

“I do not want to hear it old man.” Conner replies. “The only answer to betrayal is vengeance, and I will have my vengeance... no matter the time or the cost.”

“Very Well...”

Conner makes his way down the fire escape and disappeared off into the night, revenge and betrayal encapsulating all of his thoughts.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.