Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Grudge Match

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    S
    Spartan

As Terri enters the office she sees a desk phone spiked into the top of a wooden desk. The desk is cracked and the phone is shattered. There is another door inside the office that leads to Spartan's efficiency appartment. Well, let me rephrase, there is a door way, the door has been kicked in and is now laying on the floor.

Spartan is not in the office, he must be in the Apartment. If Terri enters any further she will see Spartan sitting on his bed petting a kitten, seriously... not kidding, he is petting a Savannah Kitten.

Mau, the adult Savannah, is curled up on what could be assumed to be Spartan's pillow. A shattered flat screen TV is in a heep on the floor.

"Hello Terri." Spartan says, his voice riddled with various emotions, sadness and guilt being the predominate two.

1289929625_138393790_2-savannah-cat-for-sale-Dendron-1289929625.jpg

Without the mask Alex's Mantle flares.
    He feels the hair in his neck stand on end as Nightfall speaks, hears the rhetoric of how he knew what he was doing and how it was for the best of everyone. How was this even Neil's place? How could Neil presume to know what was and was not true?

The rhetoric finds no ground. This is stupid. It is stupid for Alex to assume anything about anyone. Hadn't he learned that two month's ago?

His irritation at being opposed passes. What would have been a hot tempered growl goes mute and Alex is left without anything to say. Instead He nods, stepping back toward the door to leave the Cage.

"It may sound cheap, but I never thought it out like that. Maybe your right." Alex expects to feel indignant at being wrong. To feel weak for admitting it. "Rook. I'm sorry."

"Save the fatalism speech Neil. I'm not sure what that even means. And I sacrificed enough for the freehold. I thought I sacrificed everything already."

Alex would say he got nothing back, but that wasn't true. "At least I felt I could keep nothing for myself. Hearing Rook say my loyalty was worth nothing. Seeing Summer roll on as if I was a speed bump in their lives... I lost my respect. I thought.." Alex sighs.

"I don't care about your Courts. Night? Day? What's the difference?"
    Alex felt weak admitting it. but he had known it was true the moment he set the Crown down and took the walk. Courts only create division and pain. What good is a Freehold if it is always divided? "There is no real power in them. Power comes from the Freehold, not the Courts, Or Crowns, Or Thrones. It comes from us standing up to fight, to take back a piece of what we lost and an extra slice to serve as a warning." An electric heat stirs.

"I came here to try and show Rook what he shouldn't step in. How his anger was pointless if he couldn't do anything about it."

"If I'm not strong enough to lead them, then they need to be stronger then me."
    Alex puzzles at Nightfall's masked emotion wondering if there is an answer. Wondering if he would simply get a witty joke or a missing ear instead.

"Summer seeks merit. If I lost mine I thought I could instead test theirs."

"They don't want that. It's not my place. Not any more. And that's fine really. I've given too much as it is. I'm not doing them any favors, am I?"
    Apparently he sucked ass at it. A cruel thought, but honest none-the-less.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall wanted to congratulate Rust. He'd just made a Dawn Courtier give up.

"Bitch, please."

His tone was filled with amusement and exasperation, dipping down to a lower tone at the end filled with so over it.

"I'm getting a beer,"
    he said, turning to Rook with a invitation to invite himself, then continuing to turn to face the door Terri had gone through, and began heading that way.

PRE

"No. You please. You flayed me out in front of Rook. What do you want Neil?" Alex Rust folds his arms waiting for an answer clearly frustrated.

B
    Beej

"Oh, son of a bitch! Will you people ever stop monologing?" Otto says exasperated, waving his hands in the air. "Sunnyland rung the shit out of your bell. Can you please get out of the damn cage and over to the bar so we can ice your head? I promise you can talk Neil and Sunny to death later." Otto asks, motioning Rust to get out of the cage.

Alex throws Otto a confused look, then realizes he never actually made it out of the Cage.

Gingerly the elemental dismounts the steps and stalks to the bar simply because he knew he could not drive himself home.
    Not if his Wyrd infused body ran out of juice.

Stuck in the Rage with a bunch of people who wanted him to leave.
    A great night. Alex wondered how long it would take him to walk home and if doing do would be any safer.

For the moment he simply waits for Neil at one side of the bar to create space. He hopes Neil will explain his intention and not just throw out another juvenile rebuke. Alex had not meant to stir the Fairest into a fit. In fact he sees Neil's point.

So why is Neil even more upset?

B
    Beej

Otto follows the big dumb metal cat to the bar. Hoping over it, the otter digs up a dish rag and puts some ice in it, making an impromptu ice pack. He hands it to the elemental, all the while muttering to himself in Japanese.

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

Mary glides over to the bar with a look of caution and dubiousness resting gently on her brow and in her eyes. Settling an expression of forced calm and suspended judgment onto him, she says, "Alex, I can take care of that a lot faster than ice can, if you'd like."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri trod carefully through the destruction, sighing at the wrath laid waste in such a, well, a wasteful manner. When she saw Spartan, she stopped although that was mainly at the sight of his pet.

"Nice pussy," she said, trying to break the tension and immediately wished she hadn't. Instead, Terri composed herself, clasping her hands together in front of her. "You wanted a word earlier before things kicked off." Terri wanted to ask but felt it wasn't her place. However, if anyone was going to be a friend, a true friend, it would be her.

"Where's Faith?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

K
    Kazakin

Rook didn't even bother listening to Rust. He was tired of the man's rambling diatribes. They meant nothing, signified nothing. Just a lot of hot air. When it came down to the wire, Rust had no Goddamn balls. The nerve of the guy- actually thinking that he could psyche Rook out with some 'Haha, you're not going to punch me!' stance.

Because he would really have accepted the challenge if he was so much of a coward as to back down in the Cage. He straightened his jacket and nodded to Nightfall.

"A beer'd be great,"
    he said, inviting himself along. Right now, he wanted to be around someone who wasn't Rust or that moronic otter. If Otto didn't understand a polite 'use my name, please', then he could go fuck himself. Being respectful of other people's desires... well, the Metalflesh thought a Spring Courtier would be smart enough to figure that out, but apparently not.

He walked after the Polychromatic, heading towards the bar, but he let at least some of his natural humour come to the surface and controlled his anger.

"So, you've finally seen me throw down at the Forge,"
    Rook said casually. "Sorry it was such a disappointing match."

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.