Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Grudge Match

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

PRE

Rust's Alex's eye open. For a moment everything is bright, too bright.

There are people..

And he is..

"Wet. Why am I wet?" Cool water runs orange over the open wounds. It stings. Who was the genius who thought pouring water on a metal elemental was smart?

Alex frowns looking between faces. "And what did I do? Why is everyone so pissed?" He archs his back to get up, but it hurts to move and makes the room spin funny. Though most of the pain... "I feel like I got hit by a Truck.."

Alex tries again to climb back his feet. His mouth still bloody, the headache keeping his eyes from focusing. Should anyone try and help, He gently, firmly pushes them away.

As he climbs his mantle roils. A summer storm. An electric heat.
    He wouldn't need a crutch. Not any more.

"Looks like he don't need any," Terri smiled to Mary before turning back to Rust. "That's because I poured water on your head....because you were knocked out." When her attempt to help him to his feet is pushed away, she steps back, waiting for the beaten lion to get up in his own time.

K
    Kazakin

Not really. A truck would have done more damage. I could have done more damage.

Rook sat back on his heels, the rigid metal of his skin flexing unnaturally as he moves. He watched as Rust dragged himself up, slowly, up the side of the Cage.

He's talking like he doesn't remember why I had to punch him in the face.

The Metalflesh stood up, his chequered Mantle flashing light and dark in the air around him. He cocked his head, rolling his sleeves down to cover the extensive riveting around his wrists and forearms.

"Probably concussion talking," he said, with a shrug. "It'll come back to you. For reference- I punched you in the face. Because you asked me to." And you were driving me insane with your arrogance, and you really needed to be punched in the face. He bit his tongue to prevent that part coming out, grimacing. He could give the disgraced ex-Summer a moment.

"You challenged me to a bout. Any of this ringing a bell?"

PRE

"I remember Rook." Alex replies gently rubbing his bruised face. "You did well. You stood up for the Court." Alex closes his eyes and summons a bit of aggression, letting the gloumour reinforce his body.

Alex stands staight, eyes clear. The strength of steel would only last so long.

"Did you sate your anger? Did hitting me sooth your Wrath?" Alex cocks his head, curious to hear the reply.

Alex knew his own answer would be no. You don't sate Wrath by feeding it.
    That only makes it stronger. This is why Rust keeps his own anger toward his brother silent.
    Anger for being fool at Castor's first meeting. Anger for not stepping up at the Coronation. Anger for being too weak to control his own tongue.

K
    Kazakin

"Right," Rook said flatly. "I'm a member of the Iron Spear. Wrath doesn't end. Just changes depending on where you point it." He stepped away from Rust, shaking his head very slightly, and picked up his suit jacket, pulling it back on. Then he fastened his tie, straightening the collar. He didn't feel satisfied. He didn't believe the change. It was too sudden. No one got punched in the face once and had their personality punched out.

Except that apparently, Rust did. Well, maybe he'd just come to his senses. Rook still wasn't going to trust that until it was proved. And he certainly didn't need to be told 'you did well!' from someone he didn't trust as far as he could throw him.

Which, admittedly, was probably pretty far.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri watched the exchange, glancing back and forth between the pair.

"You know?" she said out loud, looking between them both, smiling, placing a gentle hand on each of their arms, "I think I'm finally beginning to understand where Summer comes from. Thank you for that."

Looking up at the office, Terri wondered what Spartan had wanted. She could walk away but her curiousity had been piqued.

"Excuse me," she smiled, heading out of the ring and up to the Summer King's office, where she knocked on the door and waited.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

S
    Spartan

"What!" A loud angry voice sounds from inside the office. It is the Summer King, and he is pissed. Even though Terri knocks lightly the door opens a couple of inches. It seems the slamming of the door has broken the latch. There is some rumaging noices that can be heard from through the door, or around it rather.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall frowned at Rust's question to Rook.

Same old Rust.

"Rust, did it ever occur to you to stop judging and labeling people? You act like you're some martyr for Rook to vent on. That's so dumb. You ought to to try to stop deciding you know everything and everyone, because you do this thing where you make up your mind about stuff and are totally blind to what's really there. I told you flat out when you came to see me to go talk to Sam so he could tell you about the Dusk Court because you are one fucked up fatalist. But I bet you didn't, did you? Because you weren't listening to a word I said."

"Nobody needs your praise, or your self-pitying attempts at martyrdom. We just want you to quit acting like an ass. So the real question is, did Rook knock the stupid out of you?"

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri gently pushes the door open, peering her head round. However, knowing that she could be walking into a shit-storm, Terri keeps one hand resting firmly on the door handle, ready to use the door as a shield.

"Spartan? Are you alright?" she asks, her voice concerned.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

K
    Kazakin

Rook's lips quirked into a corner of the mouth smile at Nightfall's comment, and some of his tension drained away. He didn't say anything as he put his sunglasses back on, concealing his broken Mask again beneath the mirrored glass. He wanted to hear Rust's response- wanted to hear that the disgraced ex-Summer King hbad simply been shaken and hadn't meant to be a Goddamn patronizing fool.

He didn't expect miracles.

And if he recieved one, he wouldn't have trusted it an inch anyway.

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.