Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Grudge Match

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    B
    Beej

Otto claps as Rust climbs into the cage. "Lets go Rusty!" Otto cheers with a cheeky smile, his short whiskers twitching. "Lets see who's king of the jungle!"

K
    Kazakin

Rook climbed into the cage. He felt a strange tranquilty moving over him as the checked Mantle hazed in and out around him.

"Rust already knows my terms. No Glamour. No Contracts. No weapons, no armour, no faery bullshit. Him and me until someone yields- or until you call it, of course, King Spartan,"
    the Metalflesh said, his voice controlled and soft. His rigid hands curled into fists as he dropped into a comfortable boxing stance.

There was nothing else outside the cage. Just another opposing piece.

Rook's initiative is 16, and his defence is 3

Initiative 16
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-09-19 03:20:45 Rook rolls 1 die for initiative 8

"Of course," Terri says about to follow the King. However, when Rust entered and Spartan changed his mind, Terri simply nodded and found a suitable place to watch the fight.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall slipped in silently, nodding respectfully to the Spear of Summer.

For once, he was dressed in muted, nondescript clothing. Dark cargo pants and a grey pullover blended into shadows and the baggy clothing muted his usual fluid grace. He gave Terri a small smile and sat next to her.

He was ready for closure, to see the beginning of the end of the once-Summer Lion. He'd done what he could, and even though he'd failed... well. The sun rose every morning.

He remembered how they'd gotten here. Harry, then Sam. And they'd cracked the firmament, Sam and he, opening long closed doors and leaving a void Rust had tried to fill.

Yet, for the first time in years, Summer had joined the rest of the Freehold. No insults, no slights, no throwing weight around with frothing declarations.

Maybe when Rust had shattered, Summer had finally learned humility. Maybe the Lion hadn't been Sacrificed in vain.

"The King is dead. Long live the King,"
    he murmured.

PRE

Rust nods to the. "YEs, we went over it." Impatience. Rust wanted this over fast.

Rust steps into the Cage. Rook would go down.

"So. Let me get this straight. Something I did was an act of treason?" Rust speaks having set the bolt in the gate.
    "I told you to hit me. Hit me if you believe that.."

And Rust waits. A new Voice. Nightfall sits beside Terri.
    Why did they want to see this? Why did I mean enough. Rust knew they both disliked it.
    It wasn't for lack of understanding. They fully understood.

And Otto. He understood. He supported this. But not for the same reasons as Spartan or Rook.
    Turning back to his 'opponent'. "Well? Hit me."

I'm waving Init. Rook wins the turn. No def

K
    Kazakin

Rook swung. His steel fist was like a sledgehammer. He was tired of Rust's bullshit- the whining, the pathetic self-pity. The demand that everyone bow down and let him bully them. It resounded through the blow. If Spartan hadn't asked for no killing, the Metalflesh could have killed with a strike like that.

As it was, he pulled the punch enough that his rivetted hands weren't going to smash straight through bone. It was still one motherfucker of a strike.

8 successes. Rust is stunned for a round- FS Boxing 1
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-09-19 22:18:05 Rook rolls 9 to Strength 4 + Brawl 4 + spec (10 Again) 10, 2, 10, 6, 10, 3, 8, 10, 10, 8, 1, 4, 9, 3 8 successes

"Now, you're just whining,"
    Rook said levelly. "And still trying to bully the other Summers. Grow the Hell up."

PRE

Rust appropriatly is thrown back on the the Cage, hardly keeping his feet under him.

Dazed, thus no action

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-09-19 22:50:05 Rust rolls 2 to STAM 3, 9 1 success

K
    Kazakin

Rook didn't advance. He didn't drop his defences either- but there was no need to keep pressing after a blow like that. He didn't necessarily believe his opponent defeated, but if Rust wasn't going to take the match seriously, the Metalflesh wasn't going to move in and humiliate him. That wasn't his way. That was the way of a coward and a bully- the sort of man who would demand absolute loyalty while demanding his brothers in arms slaughter each other for his entertainment, then slink out with his tail between his legs.

Rook holds his action

PRE

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-09-19 23:21:10 Rust rolls 2 to STAM 8, 2 1 success

Rust comes back with a cough. A tongue fishes his cheeck, He spits out tooth. Then a second tooth.
    "Damn. You hit like a girl." Rust pulls himself upright. between the blood and the nausea, it is hard to tell which Rook is which.

"I see your serious. Not serious enough. I won't fight. I agree with what you claim. But not because of you. You or anyone else."

"And thats why I'll take it. You have not won anything Rook. Not by a long shot. And you can't. You should know. How long did it take you get off that fucking board?"
    Rust frowns suddenly, he spits out a third tooth and a wash of blood with it.

"You hate me." Rust slumps a little, sad. "You hate me. And you don't even know who I am."

"For that, I'm sorry. I fell hard. And your just late at getting to the wreck. I don't blame you for that."

"I'm not the man I was on stage anymore. I found some Love." Rust looks toward Nightfall, or were would be if the room wasn't so cloudy. "Some Reverence" Terri was out there too. Rust wanted so bad to see her thin face, that soft fur. "And a little 'Drive'." Otto might have lost a bet. Rust hoped it wasn't too much money.

Rust smiles genuinely. His eyes hardly keeping focus. "I won't excuse the past. I can't. So hit me. Hit me till the pain I made is gone. It's all I can offer."

K
    Kazakin

Rook rolled his metal eyes, the shuttered irises narrowing. The jibe slid off him. He could see the blood, and the knowledge of what he could have done if he'd not pulled the punch was more than a counter for any temper.

"I don't hate you, you idiot,"
    the Pianist said bluntly. "I think you're still making the same damn mistake you did on stage at the Coronation. You can't sit there glowering at people and demanding their loyalty for someone. You earn loyalty. You can't force it. That's what pissed me off. Sneering like a child who'd just been snubbed didn't help your case either." He shook his head. "Every day's a victory. Every day you breathe free, every day you're not trapped in something you didn't choose. Everything is a moment of defiance, and every moment of defiance is victory over them."

"And I'm not going to let you commit some sort of self-pitying suicide by brawl- if I was going to hurt you seriously, I wouldn't have pulled that punch, and you'd be missing a face. Get up,"
    Rook thrust his riveted hand out at Rust. "Get up and stop expecting me to kill you. You didn't hurt me. The only person you've ever hurt is yourself."

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.