Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Lancea et Sanctum Meeting

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor sat in the newly cleaned chair, in the front room. It still, to him, felt gloomy, as if the sorrow of generations of mourning relatives had been carved into the walls, but it did not feel like it still wore Anton's fingerprints. Perhaps the Bishop had simply not been there long enough to put his personality into the place. Perhaps it had rejected him, as Sidor had been forced to at the end.

He felt the Man Within's exaltation at the crunch of bone, and the way Flores' skull had caved in beneath his boots. He felt the Beast's growling pleasure at the slaying of a rival. He strangled them both and forced them back, away from his centre and his conscious mind. The fresh paint smell still lingered in the room, although it remained spartan. But it was clean, and under his watch, it would stay well repaired.

The light of the bare bulb in the ceiling cast odd shadows in the corners, which seemed to react to him as he turned the pages of his Russian Testament, following the Cyrillic lettering. The growth of the Sanctified- from himself and Anton to a small group of four- was a thing of joy. The Purpose could be well served with this increase. If only they could stay.

As it was, he waited for the others to arrive. They would need to speak about Priests, and Annointment... and about their future.

Part of him hoped that they would not say what he felt that they would.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon enters Moore house with a great deal less trepidation the third time. Well, technically the fourth if you counted his brief departure to change shirts after Anton had lashed the one he'd been wearing to shreds. And his first private meeting with Sidor had proved so enlightening that Dillon couldn't look back on it with regret. The Deacon had proved himself thoughtful, calm, and reasonable, despite his intimidating demeanor.

Inwardly, the Gangrel Priscus is much more confidant this time. Outwardly, he's much the same. A politely somber expression accompanies him as he makes his way to the small meeting area, stopping just inside the doorway to address the shadowed Haunt.

"Deacon Grigoriev, Priscus of Nosferatu, good evening." Dillon nods. The respect and congratulations were in his tone, but it certainly wasn't a surprising developement.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

M
    MrBrightside

Castor's boots hit the floor with a staccato percussive thud as he enters. He is dressed in the same dark formal wear he had worn to Court, not because he particularly cared for it, but because it was the only clothing he had appropriate for the situation. The rest of his clothing was back in a dilapidated house where he lived. A situation he hopes to remedy tonight.

Castor bows to Sidor. "Good evening Deacon Grigoriev." Then to Dillon. "I do not believe we have had the pleasure of meeting. Good evening, I am Castor Drake." He holds out his hand.

I
    Irina

Doctor Powell arrived a few minutes after Castor, coat draped neatly across her arm as she stepped inside Moore House. It was only her second time her, and the first had been so brief. It would be plasant to remain a while on this occasion. Now she could meet the the other members of the Lancea et Sanctum as one of them, instead of someone merely considering her choices.

It felt strangely uplifting.

"Good evening," Josephine greeted as she joined the rest of the group.

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor nodded to the three of them in greeting, allowing Dillon's compliment to slide off him. He did not mind it, but he was not going to allow himself to be tempted by revelling in the position. Even were it not a surprise. He leant back in his own chair, steepling his fingers in front of his shadowed face as he observed them all.

"Dobryj vecher, all of you. Please, sit. Be comfortable here," the Deacon bade them. He gave them a moment to settle, before he spoke again, in simple, blunt tones. "We have a problem. Not one of us here has undergone the ritae to become a Priest." He had never thought he would be sat, discussing this. "And in addition, we have no Bishop. In short, we have no one to guide us in Mass, Confession... all the necessary sacraments." He looked out over them.

"Suggestions?" he offered, throwing it open. Because it was not a proper decision unless they chose.

Let this cup pass from me.

M
    MrBrightside

"Deacon, I know a few of the minor rites, but it would not be fitting for me to fill such a roll. I am far too new. You are the one who should be Bishop." Castor's voice is reserved and a bit cautious. "Unless there is another here who is more qualified. Honestly I wouldn't know, but you, Deacon Grigoriev, are the one who called this meeting. You are the one who has shown initiative; who has shown concern for the Church. It is you, in my eyes, that should become the new leader of the Lancea et Sanctum."

Castor looks to the others waiting for consent or rejection. He was hardly the one most qualified to speak, but he would speak his opinion regardless.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon, having shaken hands with Castor and given his name, "Dillon Connery," without the title, nods to to both Haunts he hadn't yet greeted. "Welcome Brother Drake, Doctor Powell."

The lone Gangrel in Moore house sits and folds his hands thoughtfully in front of him on the table. Once again, he is one Savage among three Nosferatu. Not that the distinction really mattered here, but it was interesting to note. Also interesting to note was Drake's instant insistence on promoting the Deacon to Bishop. The side of his mouth crooks up in a half-smile.

"While I'm sure Deacon Grigoriev would do credit to the title where others haven't," a pause to reflect on Anton, briefly, "I think it would be irresponsible to Anoint anyone so far, so fast. The Spear can function perfectly well under the leadership of a Priest." Actually, the idea was ludicrous, but he didn't want to needlessly embarrass the new guy. Especially since it was only the last meeting that Dillon was one of the new guys himself.

"Of course, I agree with you, Deacon, that we need at least an Anointed Priest to lead the Covenant, here. I also agree with brother Drake that you are the natural choice.

"I'm perfectly willing to pursue that path if you decline, but it would be inefficient, I think. I would be looking to your wisdom and advice almost nightly."

And leading the Sanctified while you school me in Theban Sorcery might be a little awkward...
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor considered the opinon of Drake- a wholehearted vote of support, and Dillon- who was against having a Bishop. Interesting. He considered Dillon's willingness to seek Anointment as a Priest, and imagined himself stepping aside, allowing the Savage to lead in his place. He saw Dillon's weakness ravaging the Covenant apart, and saw himself forced to destroy another leader. How many times could he be forced to do that because he would not accept a burden? No. He knew himself too well to allow that sort of moral cowardice.

Yet not my will, but Yours.

"Such an escalation is not entirely without precedent within the Sanctified, Brother Connery. Regardless, if someone does not shoulder the title of Bishop, we would be telling the other Covenants in the city- 'We are weak. We have no true leadership'," the Russian Nosferatu's voice sounded weary. "As much as I agree it is unnatural. It is said there is a Cardinal who wanders the desert here. I will seek him out. Perhaps in a testing of my worth, I can demonstrate some ability to deserve the Anointment." He paused, the shadows on his brow gathering like a maelstrom.

"And should I return intact, one of you will be Anointed as Priest. Because I will not brook this happening again. We must have a natural progression of leadership, should I fail or fall within my duties. Which is the other reason we cannot simply be led by a Priest."

I
    Irina

Doctor Powell was more hesitant to speak at the Lancea et Sanctum meeting: it was her first, and she had not yet had the chance to find her footing amongst them. Still, he listened carefully as comments were tossed around. She didn't get a vote, of course - it wasn't her place to do anything of the sort yet. It was obvious where her vote would lie, and it did not need to be voiced pointlessly.

Instead she waited to see what Connery's response would be.

M
    MrBrightside

Castor was surprised at the division. Though, he didn't know this other man, he still assumed the Deacon would become Bishop without objection. It was a natural line of succession.

The mention of a Cardinal made Castor grimace. What would you say Cardinal Keyes? Is this man holy enough to lead us. Deacon Grigoriev's suggestion was valid though. Since there was no one present to bestow such a title, a higher authority would have to be contacted. Castor held no objections to such a course of action and he hoped that Brother Connery would soon feel the same way.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.