Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
On a slow Saturday night

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    A
    Arieoelle

It was a dark evening on the outskirts of Sacramento and inside one restaraunt things were incredably slow. the place was nice, clean with all the floors, talbes, and counters made of black laquered wood. The walls and seating were a bright red with an embossed pattern of rectangles in the fabric, all the fixtures and candle sconces were done in broze while some music (there seemed to be a Billy Joel marathon at the moment) played quietly in the background. At a black laquered podium stood the on duty hostess, Fairest who called herself Felena. She was wearing red silk and black lace ballet flats, a knee length black cocktail dress with a red sash around the waist and a necklace with a single red crystal.

It was an odd thing to have a slow Saturday evening at the restaurant, but Felena had often found the easiest way through life was to be prepared. As such she was standing at her podium, ready to greet guests, with a book spread across the surface.

'So wait theres four different factions vying for the iron throne... heck its made of swords who would want it?' Felena lifted her head from the pages and looked outside as rain began to drizzle down. "And there goes more chances for customers tonight."

"Had to start raining now, didn't it?" Anthony (or Stripes as he was known to certain others) thought as he slipped out of the alley he had wandered down.

The Autumn Courtier was not a fan of getting wet in the best of times, let alone when on his way home. One of the major disadvantages to lacking his own transportation was relying on walking most places. Normally this was a great chance to explore new parts of the city, or even the hedge when he felt particularly adventurous, but tonight he was tired and the rain wasn't helping. He kept his head low as the drops fell, quickening his pace and glancing up only occasionally.

He stopped for a moment under an awning, trying to shake the water from his leather jacket and bat it out of his black hair. As he did, he couldn't help but notice the restaurant open across the street. Pausing to check his wallet, the hunterheart weighed his options for a moment before shrugging.

"Always take a meal where you can get it." He told himself as he hurried across and through the front door. "Or at least a drink."

A
    Arieoelle

Felena Looked up as the door opened and smiled at the beast changeling who came in out of the rain.

"Hey there!" it wasn't the formal greeting she usally gave, but then this changeling wasn't a stranger. "Thank you for helping me move the other day, want me to show you to a seat?" Felena scooped up a menu from the side of her podium and led the way into the dining area setting up Stripes in a booth that was in a slightly more concealed position in the corner, waving off the server who started to come towards them "You want a drink or anything to eat?"

Anthony was used to perky waitresses from the few times that he did have enough to go out to eat, but this one had seemed familiar as he walked in. He now remembered Felena, the Summer Courtier being someone that he'd helped a time or two (and that had helped him in return). Though only little more than an acquaintance, she certainly seemed happy enough to see him. It was almost worth being rained on...

"Only looking for a beer tonight, thanks," Anthony responded as he accepted the menu and took his seat, looking over Felena's outfit. "But wow, that's the uniform here? No wonder you don't like it."

A
    Arieoelle

"Only a beer? be right back with that" Felena walked away and Came back a few minutes later with Stripes's beer. "Here you go, mind if I sit with you while I take my break? not many like us come in here so it's nice to have someone to talk too." Felena paused a few moments and waited for Stripes to say yes or no to her sitting with him. "But as for your note on uniforms, the other servers get something a tad more casual, as a hostess and the first impression people get of this place I have to dress up"

"Yeah, have a seat," Anthony offered as he took his drink.

Taking a huge gulp from his glass, the beast glanced around to the other employees to be sure they weren't listening.

"Boring night, huh? Good odds you might get off early?" He wondered. "I think I might have a way you could pay me back for the favor I did."

The tiger eyed Felena, awaiting her answer.

A
    Arieoelle

Felena raises one eyebrow at the request, pausing to think about the gravity of the statement. but in the end she did owe stripes for his favor and Felena allways repaid her debts. she got up from the booth and walked into the kitchen and then returning a little while later.

"Talked to the Manager, he said I can go"
    Felena ran her finger tips across the table, tracing the grain. After several minutes Felena looked up at Stripes trying to apraise his intentions before asking "So, what did you have in mind?"

Stripes had drained the last of his mug by the time Felena returned. He wiped his mouth and grinned as he nodded to her.

"Good to hear. I've been meaning to gather some goblinfruit but thought it might be bad to go alone." The hunterheart explained as he jerked his head for the door.

If Stripes had any idea how suggestive his initial request had sounded, he certainly didn't show it. He only seemed interested in getting out and going. While home had been his original goal, the luck of finding Felena here wasn't going to be something the Autumn courtier allowed to slip by, and he did need to stock up on fruit.

A
    Arieoelle

Felena laughed softly, how could she have forgotten that Stripes often didn't understand thatthings he said and things people heard werent allways the same?
    thekid may have had the body of an adult but more childlike inocence than Felena belived possible to have survived a durance.

"Sure stripes it sounds like a great time, lets get you rung up and we can go"
    The fairest got up from the booth and led the beast over to the cash register. where they went through the checkout process then she took Stripes by the arm and walked out with him into the rain. "So, where too?"

"I know just the place to get in," Stripes responded as the two left the restaurant.

With him leading the way, the pair headed off into the night and the dangers that it and the Hedge may hold.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.