Ended
Watch
101 - 110
DISPLAYED
Late Night Gold Rush

Page 11 of 24 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... Last
    A
    Anubis

"Thanks," Anubis takes the seat, "the names Mason," he says to Tom, Ricardo, and the young lady. Seeing the sampler reminds Mason how hungry he is, so he puts a couple of bucks next to plate, and picks up something he hopes is tasty. Looking at the young lady "I'm sorry I didn't catch your name?"

Player of the Month

"Well I think that he'd probably begin with 'Alea iacta est', only with dressing instead of die." He smiles, wondering how any historical figure would react to being a historical figure. The myths and legends growing larger than the man or woman themselves as their legacy is shaped by those who control the past. "As for fate, well I think the notions of fate and free will just scare a lot of people. Both of those concepts are easy to accept in the abstract but once you really start thinking about them and how they actually relate to the events of your own life, it gets scary. Suddenly every past decision is second guessed, you're wondering if it was really you who made it or was part of some greater plan that you cannot understand but rules your choices. Facing those questions and honestly reflecting on them takes a lot of internal courage and not everyone is ready to deal with what they see when the look inside themselves."

You'd know about that, wouldn't you Familybreaker.

When Daniella asks for an opinion on the noir genre, Matt's face brightens considerably. "A great place to begin is always the Maltese Falcon, both the book and the movie with Bogart are great. It has all of the classical noir story elements that have become part of popular culture from the attractive woman walking into the office of a cynical and world weary private eye to dangerous double dealings." At her mention of activities, the Half Moon smiles. "Honestly have you thought about taking a class or two over at Sac State? They've got night classes if you work during the day and it would be a great chance to just learn about something you're interested in." He grins playfully. "Also I live in that area so if you're ever bored, you'd have someone to have coffee or tea with."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon stops short of asking to see Martha wear the hat; something about how it hung there on her back was just as cute. And also, he didn't want to look like he was coming on to the Herald of Sacramento just because they were in costume.

His grin turning humble at the return praise, Dillon nods, touching his hat. "Why thank you, ma'am." Noticing the reaction to Alice, it seems like a good idea to change the subject. What was going on between them, he has no idea, and will not pry. "By the way, I picked up the books you chose the other night. May I deliver them to you, later?"
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice smiles, not necessarily about his answer, but because she realized Conner could actually be nice. Again her prejudices were proved wrong. Which proves we're never too old to learn.

'That sounds like a good idea to me, Mister Greyson.' And she cursties lightly with a tip of her own head. It was good to be in themed parties, no one suspects you're an undead Succubi bowing for a fellow member of the First Estate.

Then she turns around, her eyes searching for the Harpy.
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

"I believe we all make out own decisions. Fate may lead us down a certain path, or even choose that path, but we always have free will over what choices we make." she shrugs, "As far as what we see on the inside, well, those are our burdens, both past and present. We all have things we regret, things we wish we had done differently. The true challenge is to recognize those, and grow and learn as a person. A person can only truly grow when they accept their own flaws and mistakes." Daniella often wondered if it was fate that brought the Danse to her. Or perhaps it just was not her time to 'die'.
    "I think I should check out the book first. It has been my experience that the book is always better. I think you gain a better understand of the characters, and how the develop." she takes her hat off, having had enough of wearing it, she really wasn't a hat person. "Private eyes huh? Definitely something I would enjoy." Taking classes huh? Never thought I would ever go to school. "Taking classes is something I had never thought of!" her face lights up, "That would actually be fun I think. To spend my evenings learning about something. But there is so many choices out there, would be hard to settle on one thing." She returns his playful grin with one of her own, "Well, that could be fun! I have certainly enjoyed chatting with you. I may take you up on that." hmmm, coffee, have not had that in a while. Though it would be fun, he has surprised her and turned out to be intelligent and interesting.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner tips his hat and leans against his post again, keeping a ready eye open for anyone else who he may need to talk to, or discipline.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Perhaps she should let sleeping dogs alone, she thought as she watched him tip his bottle around. Such as the old west saying went. Luckily Ariana had been blushed and maintained herself at clubs since one never knew when a reflection could be cast.

“I apologize if I am disturbing you, sir.” She said to West (The Mage) with a slight apologetic smile. “I will leave you to your thoughts. Please have a good evening.” Ariana said as she began to turn and walk away. There were times that people needed to be left alone, even if they were in a crowded bar. Maybe he was not a people person, she wondered.

R
    Ryan Deshane

For anyone standing near the door they hear the whap whap whap of a motorcycle drive up to the strip club. In walks Ryan Deshane, Digger to his friends and packmates. Digger is dressed in a pair of jeans and a white shirt with the sleaves a quarter rolled up. The white shirt is untucked and over the shirt is his leather vest on over it.

The vest has a patch on the back with the outline of a Wolf Howling at the moon. On the front is two patchs on the right side of the chest that says "DIGGER" and "MEN OF MAYHAM" On the bottem left chest there is another patch that says "DILLIGAF"

Digger's long hair is down now and on the top of his head is a black cowboy hat that the front brim is pulled down. Digger has a pair of black silver tipped cowboy boots on his feet, no spurs. Digger makes his way over to the bar, the herd clearing the way as he walks, and orders a beer. Digger turns and takes a long look at some of the ladies. A certain blonde haired, red dressed lady(@Alice Brown ) gets a bit of focus, and a tip of the hat.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha seems very pleased that Dillon mentions the books and nods happily. Her plaits bob happily. "That would be very kind, thank you, sir!" she eVthuses, recovering her cool steadily. She smiles to Dillon, adjKsts her posture on her crutches to cheerfully allow some patrons to get closer to the bar and around her. "I did enjoy our evening there, sir!" sincerity is obvious.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Player of the Month

Matt nods as Daniella talks about her concept of fate and free will, offering the brunette his undivided attention as he listens to her speak. It's clear in his face that he's agreeing with almost everything that she is saying and has given those concepts a great deal of thought himself. After all he was an Elodoth, he was suppose to see both sides of a situation and the thus the concept of both fate and free will existing and each being of vital importance was something that made sense to him. "I have just always believed that our failures happen for a purpose and that is to make us stronger. Accepting our flaws and mistakes is part of that, as is understanding that we can overcome them if we're willing to get back up." Michael Caine's voice enters his head, asking him "why do we fall?" while the Batman Begins theme plays.

"The book is always better but sometimes a good movie can surprise you." He smiles, knowing that she's right and allowing his gestures to concede the point. "Well what is one thing that you've always wanted to try or learn how to do? Doesn't matter how silly it is, there has to be something." Matt takes off his cowboy hat and smiles. "A language you've wanted to learn or maybe a type of art like painting or sculpting, there has to be something you've always wanted to try but never seem to have found the time for."

Page 11 of 24 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... Last
Closed Thread