Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Rats in the Sewers

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

NOS
    PRE

Brenn Lawrence clumsily climbed out of her vehicle and leaned against her beaten black sedan. A lone, flickering streetlamp provided the only illumination, back-lighting the Haunt in a rotten yellow halo while she waited for the others to arrive. It was the night after the Hunt for Dirge had begun and directions had been distributed to her companions, along with the insurance that they would all get very, very wet.

Lawrence dipped into her jacket pocket and produced a triple plastic bagged flashlight and then stared at the yawning black maw of the sewer drain which sat several yards off, almost as if in challenge. This time, she had come prepared.

OOC

I
    Irina

Josephine arrived some five minutes later, having walked part of the way there. She didn't yet have any vehicle of her own to utilise, and taking a cab to the meeting place seemed more than a little silly. Her concession to the warning of imminent damp was a black hat and gloves; the coat she wore appeared waterproof, and the pockets were slightly bulky. She had brought a couple of flashlights, secreted away in the coat for the moment.

Her demeanour suggested someone who was feeling distinctly brusque, unnerved by something more than outward hostility. Some might even say jittery.

She peered around the street, before letting her attention flicker across to the sewer drain. At least that was familiar. It brought back memories, and they weren't entirely pleasant. Forcing them to the back of her mine, Josephine shook her head and focused instead on hte other Haunt. They hadn't even had much of a chance to talk since their initially greeting, minutes before her torpor.

Would it be completely ludicrous to hope this meeting isn't punctuated by a random act of violence? Josephine thought sourly.

"Hey," she murmured.

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Protean • (Down in Elysium)
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good Looks)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

Russell comes striding slowly into the scene, looking exactly as he had the night before. Pre-bear. One might get the idea that he keeps the comical closet full of matching outfits lined up neatly in rows. One row of sleeveless Under-Armour shirts, one row of zip-off cargo pants, and a row of combat boots on the floor. All black.

The reality is not nearly as glamorous or humorous, but Russ isn't inclined to discuss it.

OOC

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor arrived shortly afterwards, his shadowed face giving away nothing of the expression under it. He just hoped that Russell and Brenn would show some ability to work as a unit. Anything. The ability to walk in formation. The ability to understand tactical cohesion. Right now, he would have taken the ability to wear a uniform without looking like a fool.

His Makarov hung, silenced, in his armpit holster. The thought of the echoes in the tunnels with the report of a gunshot didn't bear thinking about. Nor did the the potential for this becoming a clustered route if the team members he didn't trust decided to do something stupid. His fingers brushed the Sorcery components that he always kept on him, and he felt faintly reassured by their presence.

"Good evening, Miss Lawrence, Dr. Powell, Mr. Russell," the Deacon said, his voice low and steady. "Are you all prepared for tonight?" The risk of exploring the sewers, looking for Sunshine and the Mole and running into some other manner of trouble couldn't be downplayed.

I
    Irina

"As well as we'll ever be, I imagine," Josephine retorted as the Deacon spoke. She gave Ethan a quick nod by way of greeting, before returning her gaze to the sewer entrance.

They were all assembled, and now all that was required was to travel deep into the sewers and hopefully find what they were looking for. It would be wonderful if this search was more fruitful than the last.

OOC

The remains of Squattaville cling to existence like the detritus of the city's concrete corpse. In the distance, barrels glow, and singular tents are pitched here and there. Survivors, perhaps, or simply newly fallen. It's apparent the city has made an effort to clean up and the worst of the tent city is gone.

It's hard to believe that six months ago this same drainway was almost the end of Brenn, Jillian, and Joseph.

The trio proceeds into the sewer, and... it's a concrete tube. Which is pretty all that can be said about such a thing, other than the steady flow of water. That's a rippling black ribbon that reflects light, at times things float by; flotsam, jetsam, dead rats, small toys, clumps of paper... Definitely nothing you'd want to investigate more thoroughly.

Eventually they find where Ajax began. The sewer opens into a transverse connecting several drainways, and overhead is a metal grate. It's impossible to hear much with the soft echoes of running and dripping water, but things seem calm 'topside'. The transverse connects on the other side to two sewer tunnels.

Again, Brenn notes the green and blue alphanumerics labeling the tunnels.

Note: This is a sewer drainage, just a big outlet from a culvert into the river. No covers or anything, and a bit on the yukky side

NOS
    PRE

Brenn had her bagged flashlight on and in hand as she led the way through the sewage filled tunnel, taking great care to put each foot down solidly before stepping forward again. She stopped when they came to the fork in the tunnel, remembering the desperate struggle that took place here, and then took a left, following the green markings.

"Hey, just so we're all aware,"
    she called back over her shoulder, "we will be getting submerged in a bit here. In fact, we have a swim to go for. If anyone has anything that absolutely cannot get wet, give it to me now. to bag up."

NOS
    PRE

Brenn had her bagged flashlight on and in hand as she led the way through the sewage filled tunnel, taking great care to put each foot down solidly before stepping forward again. She stopped when they came to the fork in the tunnel, remembering the desperate struggle that took place here, and then took a left, following the green markings.

"Hey, just so we're all aware,"
    she called back over her shoulder, "we will be getting submerged in a bit here. In fact, we have a bit of a swim to go for. If anyone has anything that absolutely cannot get wet, give it to me now, so I can bag it up."

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor nodded, his shadowed eyes roaming the tunnel as they moved down. He considered it was fortunate that the firearm he habitually carried came from a class that could be dragged through mud and run over a few times, before firing perfectly ordinarily. Even so, he double-checked the seals on his pistol and locked it back in the holster, then slid a thin gold ring onto his finger. Just in case.

"I suggest we move up in twos. Mr. Russell, if you move up with Miss Lawrence for the sensory advantage, I'll keep Dr. Powell as far away from you as possible," the Deacon said, his voice simple. Yes, that made the most tactical sense. It was useless keeping the powerful stench of a battlefield hospital next to someone using the powers of the Sight. Or in this case, the Scent, anyway. "And keep together. If anyone falls behind, we stop." He wasn't going to leave good, or even vaguely animate Kindred wasting their requiems wandering the sewers.

I
    Irina

The battlefield hospital scented Haunt smirked slightly, at the thought of the only contraption she possessed that may have been affected by the water. "Well I was considering taking that drat cellular phone. But really, who would I call?" Josephine remarked sardonically.

She took a small step back as Sidor spoke, to provide Ethan with what she hoped would be enough space to to interfer with his abilities. What a day to forget perfume, the doctor internally thought, as though Eau de...Something Flowery would have made any difference whatsoever. She had tried using perfume to mask her scent before, in the very early days, and had come away smelling as though an entire stock of Chanel Number 5 had exploded on her.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread