Watch

Werewolf Recruitment 7

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 9 of 16 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... Last

Kharn

Julio laughs slightly, winking at Matt. "Very nice name-dropping."

"I already like this guy,"
    Julio said with a slight growl to his tone, nothing aggressive, just how he spoke at times. " He knows how he wants to roll, gotta give him that." And a very swift, very painful putting in his place if he tries acting hard with me.

Julio's stomach growls once again, this time audible enough for them to all hear it. "Shut up..."
    Erik "Kharn" Lake
    Cahalith Iron Master
    Presence 3(Intimidating), Striking Looks 2(Beard and Tattoos)
    Glory 2, Cunning 1

R
    Rabies

The faint rattle of chain is heard as the broad shouldered predator tugs on the chain leashes connecting his hand to his dogs. It only takes a subtle look and a shift in body language to make them sit. There was an unnatural level of communication between him and his beasts. Their tongues roll out, lapping at their chops and very formidable looking jaws. Cur releases another thick set of fumes from his lips after a slow drag from his cigarette.

He addresses Julio."I jus' ain't got any stomach 'fer niceties. I like gettin' down ta' the point. It served me pretty good so far, even outside of tha' clank." His smirk fades just a little, turning into more of a sneer. The ashes from his cigarette drift like dirty snow to the ground. His eyes turn to Matt. "...so let's get down ta' business. I'm wonderin' what kinda packs are recruiting lately."

Carl "Cur" Wilkins, Irraka Ghost Wolf

angry_rottweiler-12911.jpg

PRE

The Elodoth considers the question for a moment, weighing his calling against assisting the obvious starving Uratha. "Just a minute Julio, someone needs to fill Cur in on the basics of the city." He ignores Cur's attitude, such displays were counterproductive in his eyes and getting pulled into a staredown with a newly arrived Ghost Wolf was not on his list of things to do. He was an Alpha now and expected to a set an example. Besides are being staredowned by the Spirit of the Sacramento River ... things kinda get put into perspective.

"Five Uratha packs in this city, four of which are usually recruiting. I am the Alpha of the Heart of Darkness. There are also the Shadow Seekers, the ACB and the Sworn, they usually have members stop by here to see if anyone new has arrived."

Firebringer

PRE

As if on cue, a man steps out from amidst a group of trees, the aura of the hunter strong about him. Matthew takes one look at the dogs and simply smiles, before turning back to matt. "Evening. Managed to scare up a couple new folk, I take it?"

R
    Rabies

The eyes of the predator, hidden now behind his shades, turn to peer at Matthew when he appears. The dogs shift their weight, tugging at the thick chains that leash them to their owner's hand. Their bodies ripple with powerful muscle and taunt sinew. His expression remains dispassionate as he continues smoking, talking to Matt "Ohhh? That right?"

Cur's body remains relaxed, although there remains that dismissive attitude about him. He didn't really seem to care much about traditions or rules. He didn't care much for the other werewolves around him. If there was anything to be said about the thug then it was that he simply did not make any pretenses. He was honest about it, like a rattlesnake coiled up to strike. His dangerous looking markings and intimidating demeanor let others know to not tread on him.

"An' what kinda packs are all these? I 'spose they're all big an' bad an' tough, right? 'Er is there actually any difference to 'em?"

Carl "Cur" Wilkins
    Irraka Ghost Wolf
    Feet of Mist (Passive)
    Wolf-Blood's Lure (Active)

Kharn

Julio spots the other werewolf, knowing almost instantly that he was a superior, the man carried himself like an Alpha should, just as Matt did. He bared his neck to Matthew. "Julio Benavidez, Irakka of the Ghost Wolves." He said to him, his tone respectful.

When Cur began his disrespectful posture and speech, Julio simply shook his head, a low growl in his throat as his Hishu vocal cords gruffly spoke out the words. <<Sih Sehe Mak; Mak Ne Sih...>>
    Erik "Kharn" Lake
    Cahalith Iron Master
    Presence 3(Intimidating), Striking Looks 2(Beard and Tattoos)
    Glory 2, Cunning 1

PRE

One Matthew, okay so only the great Aunt who raised him called him that, greeted the newly arrived Matthew with a polite smiled and nod to the honored Wolf. "I guess I'm just a people person." His attention turned towards Cur when the man spoke, taking a bit of offense at the man's casual dismissal of the Packs of the City. There would always be conflicts of personality among the Uratha but respect needed to be observed in interactions, they were on the same side and as long as that respect, for individuals, for packs, for territories, held up, they should not have cause to engage in the utter stupidity of fighting each other when their we're perfectly good enemies to rip apart.

"Of course there is a difference to them, every Uratha Pack is more than just a name. It is the sum of all of its members, their dreams, their hopes, their strengths and weaknesses." Yeah his little sister was a Gibbous moon and her influence showed sometimes. "However if you want to learn more about each pack, it would probably be a good idea to follow Julio's advice when asking their members for information." The Iron Master didn't mind Ghost Wolves, sometimes it just took someone longer to find their place, but he expected them to understand that the Oath applied to them to if they were going to run with him.

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew stares icily at Cur, unimpressed by the other's intimidating demeanor. "Keep an attitude like that, and you'll find the packs differ very little in their willingness to accept your sorry hide." Teeth flash, in what could almost be mistaken for a grin. "Now, perhaps you'd like to start over. The right way."

R
    Rabies

Cur's gaze focused on Matthew Greene. He kept up a body language that seemed unimpressed. The two dogs by his side very subtly tensed. There was the threat of violence in the atmosphere. It wasn't unusual with meetings between predators. This sense of tension was a comfortable feeling for the tribeless. He liked it. It was what he was used to. The thin smile that he held remained upon his lips as he simply chuckled low and deep in his throat. The hackles on the two dogs began to rise. "Hey now. I thought our lil' tradition was no violence 'ere. 'Er those rules jus' fer when they suit ya?"

He seemed to find amusement in goading the other predators. The dogs didn't bare their teeth....yet. However, they were poised to move if any violent action was taken against their owner. They were extremely well trained animals by all appearances. Cur's hand casually reached down to scratch behind their ears, seemingly uncaring for the hostile looks he received. "Yeah, I'm garbage. I'm premium trash. Tha' lowest. I'll be tha' first ta' admit it, 'cause I ain't one ta' pretend I'm anything but what I am."

There is a slow exhalation as more fumes spill from between his lips. He flicked the ashes from his cigarette off to the side, continuing "...but hey, seems you got fangs on ya. Yer pretty quick ta' goad though. I can't say as I blame ya. I know how ta' get under people's skin." His thin smile widened a little at that. "Ya know why that is? It's 'cause I cheat. You can talk 'bout ideals an' causes. That shit's just dead weight ta' me. I don't really care 'bout any of that stuff. What I care 'bout is pretty hard an' cold..."

He points off into the distance towards where the Pure territories lie. "I care 'bout whether or not I'd have ta' worry 'bout them. You all spin a nice sweet game 'bout Luna an' protectin' some legacy. Me, I never really bought much inta' Father Wolf an' all that shit. I jus' want ta' know if yer tough 'nough ta' survive an' be worth me gettin' ta' know. Now, yer all probably wonderin' why you should give two shits 'bout whether or not you take me in. Hell, let me fend 'fer myself an' learn my lesson. Yeah, It ain't hard ta' read what yer thinking right now..."

He shifts his weight. The broken chain dangling from around his neck rattled eerily. His lips remained curled in that thin smile. "Tha' reason's pretty simple. You need someone like me. Ya' need tha' kinda dirty mother fucker who's familiar wit' kidnapping an' using tha' ones close ta' you ta' get back at ya. You need someone who doesn't fight clean. You need someone who can tell you jus' how he'd go 'bout interceptin' yer turf an' finding out where yer weak underbelly was so I could start chewin' on it. Ya need a dirty mongrel like me 'cause I'm not tha' biggest. I'm not tha' strongest. I'm not tha' fastest. I ain't even tha' most clever. There is one thing though that I am..."

He held up a finger. "I am tha' meanest." That thin smirk on his lips fades and he removes the shades covering his face. "I'll test ya. An' I'll do it 'cause I have to. I'm trash, but even trash wants ta' live. I don't really like bein' collared an' chained ta' some fuckin' weird ass totem. I ain't one 'fer rolling over till I'm beaten half ta' death, either. I'm prime Omega. Ya know tha' thing Lucifer says in tha' bible? It's better ta' rule in Hell than serve in Heaven. That phrase always kinda stuck wit' me. I'll join up, an' I don't really care if I get tha' scraps. Tha' only thing I care 'bout is I have my lil' piece. My dogs. My turf. That's why you can call me Cur."

Carl "Cur" Wilkins, Irraka Ghost Wolf

PRE

The Elodoth thinks for a moment on Cur's statement, reflecting on the nature of his own Tribe to question the established order and to deal with problems in a cunning manner. According to all of the stories, Red Wolf had asked the question "Why" ... a lot ... but they still had a basic respect for the Oath and the Duty Luna had charged them with, an Oath and Duty they were each free to accept or reject. Still Cur had promise, there was something there, a desire to be part of a Pack and accept his true nature, that allowed him to conform his attitude. Well a tiny little bit.

However the HOD, if Julio fit in, would have two Irraka in a city that was hurting for them. "Julio will make two Irraka for my Pack. While I believe Cur has promise, and with the right amount of work could become a valuable member of a Pack, his Auspice is needed more by the other Packs of the city." His words are genuine and it seems that while he doesn't like Cur's attitude, he does not consider the Ghost Wolf to be mere trash.

"Cur I hope that you find where you can live up to your words, an Uratha with the skills you possess is always needed. You have a fire inside of you that, if directed properly, will be an asset to those who call you brother." The Half Moon turns to the Gibbous Moon. "Firebringer, I wish you and your pack good luck and happy hunting."

The Elodoth nods to Julio, it was time to get the new arrival a meal and hopefully a pack.

Page 9 of 16 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... Last