Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
The Spiral III

Page 5 of 25 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... Last

"What about the one going through your eyebrow? Oooh; or you could take your pick." she prompted, looking down to realize that both of her shots were empty. She excused herself momentarily and came back with a beer, sliding into the booth casually.

Failed, 1 success

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha looked at Rory Gordon 's eyes when he said the two key words. Maybe most people would be stunned, she, however, was not. “So, what sort of anomaly are you talking about? If there was a debate on it, surely it’s beyond what most people consider abnormal.” I wonder if we have more common ground than I thought...

“An exorcism? So this is beyond an anomaly isn’t it? Rory, ever think that I could actually help you?”

“I know you’re not a fan of comparing careers. But if one of my friends on the force quit or got fired, I’d wonder why. Cause usually it takes something pretty fucking significant to spin someone down that path.” Daysha was lucky she wasn’t that way herself by now. She was relaxing a little while she watched Rory's eyes and facial features waiting for an honest answer.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

Rory looked back at the door, then toward Daysha Jackson again, almost as if he were making sure what she'd done was to keep other people out rather than him in.

Again, he had to hold his tongue. It was really easy to get defrocked; it didn't take anything significant, at all.

"I think I saw a vampire. That sort of anomaly."

There. He said it. Just like when he'd said he'd been 'fired'.

The upshot this time was that she'd either think he was crazy or being a smart-ass, tell him to 'fuck off', and he could get back to his beer.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha gave a long sigh of relief she thought it may have been something else. Since he mentioned exorcism.

“So, what gave you the impression that it was a vamp? I’m assuming fangs, unless it’s something else.” She said looking at @Rory Gordon with understanding eyes.

“We have more in common than you think, but please continue.” Daysha wasn’t quite ready to give away anything yet. Was it some goth idiot or did you truly see one… Not that she thought he was lying, details were key. After the pickled smell she got from him, she also thought he needed someone to listen for a change.

K
    Kazakin

"The eyebrow one. A perp got me in the face with a piece of glass he'd palmed while I was reading him his Mirandas,"Derevko said with a shrug, raising his Jack and coke back to his mouth and slugging it. Annoyingly, he was one of the guys who chewed ice as well, and for a moment, the only noise was him cracking the cube with his teeth. Then he quirked that same eyebrow. His body language was firmly set to 'humouring her'.

"Before you ask: the knotted one on the cheek, perp, knife fight in a storm drain. Fucker wouldn't die, off his face on PCP or some shit. The ragged lip was a bar fight. The short ones into the hairline was from getting my head put through a window. Most of 'em are from perps. I have others, and no, they're not in places I generally display to the public."

"Well that's a shame," Lexi murmured, flashing a languorous smile; "I bet the stories behind them are much more interesting..."

She laughed suddenly and took another drink, her smile now fun loving instead of sensual. "So how come not every cop's as scarred as you? Do you just get the worst cases or are you the only one who does their job right? I mean, Sactown seems pretty tame from what I've seen. Hell, I've been in Miami, NYC, Chicago, LA, Vegas, you name it. Compared to those places Sacramento's like...peaceful almost."

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

The bathroom seemed to cool as sweat blossomed on the back of Rory's neck and cooled him, and time seemed to slow as Daysha Jackson 's words sunk in.

"Who are you? What is this?"

The only two good explanations was that he was being jerked around by the Church, or jerked around by...

Part of him, the part that he was drinking to silence, wished this was some elaborate 'trial'; a chance to return to his calling. Some cloak and dagger bullshit from The International Association of Exorcists to see if he would stand firm.

D
    Daysha Jackson

I am sick of the games... Fucking men who aren’t of God give me more bullshit than care to tolerate…

“I’m just an average ordinary citizen that found something not so average or ordinary that has been a menace to society, far worse than some mortals mind you.” Daysha reached in her pocket and pulled the thing badge and ID carrier out and threw it his direction. “Yeah, I’m who I say I am.” As if a badge and ID are that telling anymore.

“I’m still the Daysha Jackson you met months ago in the church. What this is, is me telling you that you’re not crazy. I’ve seen vamps too. Among other shit.” She looked Rory Gordon straight in the eyes.

Please believe me. I really need someone other than Dad and I-wear-pink-like-bunnies-drive-a-pink-motorcycle-made-of-money-not-sure-if-she’s-sane Alexis Kane who understands.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

He opened his mouth to protest, and slowly closed it.

Well, score one for the hypocrisy of the clergy.

It was habit, instinct. The first reaction to deny, or question, which was impossible when he'd said the same thing to her.

And dealing with it better...

That wasn't entirely fair. He was dealing just fine with his brush with the supernatural; it was losing his collar because of it that he was having issues with.

"Wow. Yeah, I guess that's hard to say at the bar."

He smiled, half-heartedly, buying time with the half-assed joke.

The silence stretched, and he blinked, then finally shook his head, but maintaining eye contact with Daysha Jackson .

"I don't know what to say. I... guess I'm the only only one in this room that was dumb enough to tell his boss."

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha nodded at Rory Gordon . “Yeah it’s hard to say out there, that’s why Alexis Kane and I go downstairs to talk shop. I’m pretty sure that Derevko doesn’t know anything about it. Did you see his face? I think he’s had enough crap served to him in his lifetime.” Which is still questionable…

“Ultimately, isn’t that one upstairs” Daysha pointed to the ceiling. “actually your real boss? Isn’t that who you told me I have to answer to on judgment day?” She really wasn’t trying to throw his words back in his face. “We may have differences of opinions regarding a few things.” Understatement. “But I don’t think you need a collar to do God’s Will. There was a moment that day in confession I saw Him through you. Unless you were feeding me lines of crap, that moment is still clear in my head.” She was serious, although she still may have had issues with that day.

“So now the question is what do you want to do?” She shrugged. “Did you really get the job at the college or whatever? I'm pretty sure that was just a line of crap explaining your bender... Do you even have a place to stay?”

Page 5 of 25 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.