Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
181 - 190
DISPLAYED
The Spiral III

Page 19 of 25 First ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Last

Sarah headed down into the basement and looked around, peering into the shadows with a shiver of anticipation, of excitement. She could hear Jacque ramble on as they made their way down and tried to ignore it, understanding his nerves. Seeing the board, Sarah headed over, looking at each note. The one regarding the missing woman from the 7th June seemed to catch her eye the most and she removed a small notebook from her purse, scribbling down the information.

"It seems we are on the same page, Jacque," she finally replied, turning back to the man. "I'm Sarah," she added, quickly looking to the other Sara. "Uh, Quinn, Sarah Quinn."

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha had made her way downstairs with the rest of them after she unlocked the door. She made her way to the cabinets, poured some gourmet coffee grounds in the coffee maker and grabbed a mug. “You’re welcome to some coffee once that’s done. Or there’s some more booze behind the wetbar.”

A long oblong table was in the middle of the room. She glanced at Quinn looking at the boards that she’d already looked at here and there. “Well, Jack. I’m Detective Daysha Jackson. You’ve met Quinn.” She pointed at Harlowe. “And this is Sara Harlowe.”

Sitting down at the table to the side, she looked upstairs for a moment. “There were a couple of others but there um, detained at the moment.” Daysha held herself from rolling her eyes. “What do you mean by normal Jack? That we’re a bunch of women who like to sit around talking about vampires and other crazy shit, or… what?” She looked at him with an irritated puzzled look on her face.

You’d think in this fucking day and age men would be glad we cut their damn work in half.

I
    IberianCastaway

Jacque ignored Daysha's question, instead turning to The Board. His eyes quickly darted through the various scrawled messages, most of which were written so messily or perhaps detailed in some sort of code that he hardly understood what any of it meant, if indeed there was any meaning to it at all.

Slugs, fires... what is all this shit?

He dug into the back pocket of his jeans, his hand clamping around tiny bits of black tar, the same junk he scored from the guy who told him about this place. Jacque flicked it away and turned to Daysha.

"Come on don't be silly, you people really believe that the products of monster movies and bad teenage romance novels exist? I-I mean I'm willing to believe that creatures are real, okay creatures that might drink blood and might have the power to... I don't know super strength and mind control, but that's because I saw one."

Jacque laughed, he didn't quite know why. "Like, yeah... Miss- sorry I mean Detective Jackson, Detective means you're a cop right? I'm sure all of you have decent jobs and work hard at them and have worked hard to get them. I guess if you guys were obsessed with...v-v... movie monsters you might indulge in posting in some conspiracy website or something but this is-is... like this is crazy, key cards and bunkers. Maybe, no that's a lie in fact I'm sure, I am the crazy one for coming here because of a rumor from some cokehead encules but, but..."

Jacque sighed, pressing his back onto the wall before sliding down to sit. "Just let me off the hook, alright? I'm just a piece Eurotrash shit, maybe I didn't see anything, I don't know anymore, but stop torturing me with vampire bullshit! Please tell me that this is all some messed up way you people use to stave off suburban boredom?"

Sarah listened to Jacque, trying to make sense of his insecurities, his doubt. It was understandable. The moment you begin to look into the weirdness, the freaky world that seems to only come out at night, to feed off the weak.

When he had finished, Sarah replied. "Jacque, I don't believe in vampires but that does not mean they aren't real. If they are, then there has to be some kind of explanation to what they do." She looked to Daysha and then to Sara, finally relieved to have found others once again. "I'm sure we've all had our experiences."

I
    Irina

Somehow, 'experiences' is such a fuckin' understatement, Harlowe thought darkly. She made no attempt to speak up to claim that yes, vampires were real and damn straight she had keep up against them a few times. She didn't have the measure of these people enough yet to do that; and the new guy's nerves were just making her suspicious.

He had approached them; and was...what? Needing them to tell him that creatures that went bump in the night were just myths? Harlowe left Quinn to speak to him, and instead stepped forward to study the board.

D
    Daysha Jackson

“Where else do people get wild tales? Imagination has to spark from somewhere.” Daysha said flatly looking at Jacque. “I met a guy once who was into conspiracy blogging. No clue what happened to him.” As she thought of Mike Leach.

“So why did you come here? I’m not about to sugar coat a god damn thing and tell you it’s a fucking kid’s story. I don’t have time for that bullshit.” Glaring a little at Jacque, Daysha stood to go pour a cup of coffee. Nodding to Quinn politely. “You’re welcome to believe what you want.”

“But if you are serious about this.” She said looking to them all. “I do have time for that. We may all come from different places and events, but we’re here now. There’s a reason for everything, right?” She said as she took a sip of coffee. Geez, did Rory get to me?

I
    IberianCastaway

He patted his pants waist again, knowing there was nothing there. In France it was simple, I was the asshole, everyone else was the victim. Paris in July, 2007, I am sitting in a club in the nice part of town, the part most of the tourist saw, the part far away from where the immigrants lived. Writing on a napkin: 'Walk out into the alley. Do not make a scene', then getting annoyed when I ran out of room for: '...or I'll blow your fucking brains out.' He was a Colombian who dealt in girls, when he saw me pass it to him he thought I was gay for him...

...I'm in the alley, he's crying- screaming for me not to do it- that obnoxious trance music is still blaring- he's crying 'cause I'm pressing a 9mm into the back of his head, the one I got off that dead policeman- like this Jackson. I'm not I copkiller though, I'm shit but I'm not a monster. I pull the trigger, eyes averted to the graffiti on the wall, blazed in red paint: THIS IS NO EXIT. I think it was my first contact with a gun, I remember it stung my hand really bad.

This isn't Paris though, your losing your grip man, this isn't Paris, your trying to get better. What do I have to lose by following them anyways?
    Jacque picked himself off the floor.

"Look this can't be right...I mean we can't have all seen creatures. If you have then why are you here, hiding? Why hasn't this entire thing been blown open already, years ago? You're normal people, you look normal, why don't you go to the media- hell Detective, why can't you get the police force to go shoot them up?"

I
    Irina

If we hadn't all seen something, we wouldn't all be here, y'fuckin' dumb shit crackpot, Harlowe did not speak her savage inner thoughts out loud; she still had that amount of decorum intact. But his attitude rankled her in a bad sort of way, and Harlowe was starting to wish she had not imbibed in those few beers. She could keep her temper a lot better than her father though, and it was perhaps a miniscule side of her mother that she had inherited. It was difficult to say, the memories of her were so few.

Harlowe tuned back in, her attention straying from the articles on the board the moment Jacque spoke again. It was at least worth hearing what he had to sa-

"Hiding?" Harlowe spat, as though the word were a bitter liquid she needed to rid her mouth of. "Nobody here is hiding, so don't fuckin' dare make assumptions. What the Hell d'ya think the media are gonna do, for that matter?"

He was new to this, he had to be. Either that or he had long since fallen off his rocker.

Jennifer Hazelton

A blonde enters the bar and pauses; glancing about the room. She wears a black V - neck T shirt and well fitting jeans. Athletic shoes complete the
    'ensemble'; Her hair is brushed in a no nonsense ponytail. She wears minimal make up: pink lip gloss; one brush of mascara. A small black purse hangs from one shoulder.

She settles into a nearby chair and pulls out her cell phone; checking the time. The trip had taken longer than expected; she thought with a frown.

Sarah nods at Daysha's words, agreeing with her. They were all here for a reason; answers, vengeance, to prove they're not insane.

Proof. Its all about proof. Even if no-one believed her, Sarah had to know, had to be able to prove that whatever went bump in the night had a reason to exist.

"The media will just think you're crazy, no doubt," Sarah replied to Jacque after Harlowe's little outburst. "Oh, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't assume to guess that they don't already know. Besides, who knows how far up they aleady control," she adds, letting them ponder that.

Page 19 of 25 First ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.