Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
121 - 130
DISPLAYED
The Spiral III

Page 13 of 25 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... Last

"Yeah, I'll let you know if I need an open ear, I guess," Alexis replied, her tone indicating the opposite. "Seriously, Rory, what guy doesn't say that? Just...I'll just see you around."

Lexi heaved a sigh, pulled her phone out. and began paging through her contact list, looking for her preferred cab company.

K
    Kazakin

"It ain't my fault if she's kinda sensitive, that's all I'm saying," Derevko muttered, looking towards the door. He was apparently straining to make the effort to be something approaching polite. "Maybe she's just pissed 'cause she's out of pink shots or something. I dunno. She seemed kinda jittery." The scarred agent breathed out and rolled his neck.

"Gotta admit, I wasn't expecting this place to be so busy." I can do small talk. C'mon, it's just fucking small talk, Derevko, what are you, some sorta pussy?

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

"What guy...?" Rory asked, turning back.

It was an honest question; he had no idea what guys were using for pickup lines these days.

"No, I'm a..."

But he wasn't. He still wasn't used to the idea, and wondered how long it would take to be.

"I'm not..."

I'm not hitting on you. I'm not a priest. I'm not...

A hand came out of a pocket, rubbing his face.

"I'm not having a good night, I'm sorry, but I meant it. I just need a drink."

By the time he finished, he wasn't sure if he was talk to Alexis Kane , himself, or praying.

Lexi barked out a short laugh. "Yeah? Well that makes too of us." She winced then, as her headache came on if full, and she pressed a palm against her forehead. "Never mind. Made two of us. I mean, was, er...fuck. Look, I really, really need to get home. Was nice talking to you," she called offhandedly, turning away to dial a cab.

Her stomach lurched again, burning and clenching as though it was full of battery acid, and the spike of pain that had been driving through her skull began to grind against the flesh of her brain. If it was possible, she went paler still, and took off walking at a brisk pace, not wanting to puke her guts out in front of Rory.

D
    Daysha Jackson

“Yeah, this is far busier than I expected.” She said shaking her head. “I don’t know what Lexi’s deal is but it will either pass, or I’ll confront her.” Cause there is no way in hell I am going vamp stalking with her again acting like that. Christ!

“Well, it looks like Rory is still tied up out there.” Daysha said rolling her eyes. “I’ll go grab us another round Derevko.” She was trying to make amends for flipping out, and she was sincere about it… for the most part.

Walking up to the bar waiting for the Old Man she saw Sara Harlowe . “Hey, sorry if the uh, ruckus, got on your nerves.” Too bad this was mild compared to when Irish was around.

Seeing one of the women head to the bar and speak to Harlowe, Sarah butted in from the otherside.

"No problems, just wondered if another round might ease the atmosphere," she suggested, indicating to the refills she was trying to order.

K
    Kazakin

The Old Man grunts as Sarah and Daysha both fight over ordering a new round. He's already lined up drinks on the bar, although he seems vaguely suspicious of anyone who'd order white wine. Or maybe just anyone who'd drink out of the wine glasses here. They don't look exactly pine fresh.

"One of you pick who's paying for the damn round," he grunts. "Or I'm charging you both for it, for God's sake."

K
    Kazakin

"Well, that's what refractory periods are for," Derevko said automatically after the comment about Rory, and then internally considered banging his head on the table. Oh for fuck's sake, what was wrong with him? "...Another Jack and coke'd be great though. Thanks." He glanced over at the bar as she left the table and shook his head. Today was just a Goddamn bad day, period. Then again, he figured he'd rather be out here than arguing with Grace again. There'd been too many damn arguements lately.

Oh, let's see... Erik, the fact that I'm a shit dad, Erik, the fact that she's pissed off because we hooked up er... more than once, Erik... oh, and did I mention Erik? As if it's all my Goddamn fault that he's a moody son of a bitch lately! He instantly felt guilty for having that thought. Not like I can help my genetics. 'Course, it'd be nice if he didn't end up living my life.

I
    Irina

Harlowe waved a hand in a dismissive but gentle fashion. "A ruckus in a bar. Fancy that," she deadpanned. Aware that strangers might not be used to her humour, or be able to determine whether she was being sardonic or not, she gave a cheerful grin.

"I've heard this place can get a little rowdy anyway," she shrugged. "But I wouldn't say no to another round."

D
    Daysha Jackson

For you being an Ass earlier Derevko, I may just slip a lemon in your fucking drink since you made damn sure earlier they didn't put it in there.

Daysha snickered to @Sara Harlow. “Yeah, well, I’m usually the one breaking up the fights, not in the middle of one.” Her eyebrow cocked a bit as she realized what Sara said. “Oh, you’ve heard of this place’s hm, reputation?” She put her hand out. “Hey, I’m Daysha Jackson and that guy with the…blond hair” Almost saying scarred face. “Is Derevko. We were colleagues at one time.” About as distant of colleagues as I am cousins with Lexi.

She pulled out a $50 from her pocket and set it on the counter and picked up the round. “Hey, I got this one.” Daysha rarely splurged, so buying a few drinks to shut people up, make amends, or a hello to a random stranger was never a bad idea.

Page 13 of 25 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.