Ended
Watch
91 - 100
DISPLAYED
The Spiral III

Page 10 of 25 First ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... Last
    I
    Irina

"Yeah, I'm not a chain-smoking, grey-haired grandmother, knocking back on a rocking chair," Sara answered, her voice sounding less strained as she fell back on good old sarcasm. "But, y'know, we're out there. Young retirees."

She took a long swig on the drink. It felt good, refreshing and much-needed. Just the one, though, Harlowe reminded herself.

"But, it's...nice, having spare time. Uh...hobbies, and such fill the time." Totally. All of those recreational activities. "Would would you recommend for fun around here?" the ex-soldier enquired.

She hoped the veering of the conversation was subtle enough. Now wasn't the time to talk about her history; particularly not with a stranger. Safe topics were...better. Besides she did want to know what there was to do in the city; she was going to need to occupy her time here somehow.

Alexis flinched back from Rory's brief contact, a noise of surprise catching in her throat. She opened her mouth to snap out a rebuke, but it was smothered under combined assault of Rory's mumbled apology, Daysha's laughter, and Deverko's sudden appearance. Her cheeks flamed, and she grabbed a hold of the ex-Priests arm, trying to drag and shove him through the door.

"Just get the FUCK OUT!" she yelled, still pushing on Rory. "Everybody, get out now; and you can go fuck yourself Derevko!"

A string of shockingly unoriginal expletives followed them all out of the bathroom, the tirade punctuated by Lexi slammed the door and locking it. She paced away, breathing hard, a wave of self pity washing her. First her date stood her up, then she had to put up with Scarface and the semi-truck sized chip on his shoulder, and now she was being groped and laughed at. What a great fucking night, Alexis thought, tearing her purse open. She snatched out her the ivory baggy of bliss and a razor, and set to making the night brighter in spite of it all.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

"What? No, no...," Rory started, shocked at Derevko's insinuation.

He divided his attention between the three other people and his hands, staring at them as if they'd been possessed and betrayed him, as if he could un-feel what had happened. His eyes widened again at Alexis Kane 's shouting, and he did nothing to resist being pushed out of the bathroom, hands slowly closing into balls as he tried to slip in a word between the streams of profanities before he was out the door.

"That... was an accident,"
    he finally said, looking at Daysha Jackson and then Agent J Derevko .

Wiping his hands on his pants, Rory shook his head to clear it.

"And I'm really ready to get back to my beer. When she, uh, is done... can you tell her that? That, I would never, you know? That it was an accident. Not the beer part."
    Rory gave Daysha a pleading look, fumbling to describe what had happened.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Still snickering, Daysha looked at Rory . “Yeah, I believe you. No one’s face turns that read for no reason.” Looking back at Alexis Kane. “She’ll get over it as soon as she leaves the bathroom.” Turning away and rolling her eyes at Lexi.

Daysha heard the word smoke from some gal ( Sara Harlowe ) out in the bar. She bee-lined it to Agent J Derevko ’s table grabbed her pack and lit up. Mmmm yeah….

Taking a drag. “That you would never what? Grope woman? Hell even gay men grope women. Let it go. Shit happens.” There may have been a jealous tone but she quickly covered it turning to her former peer.

“Hey, sorry to keep you hanging with her. I hope you didn’t have too much fun.” Looking at Derevko, Daysha shook her head and slipped into the chair at the table.

K
    Kazakin

Derevko laughed as Lexi stormed into the bathroom, shaking his head. There was an odd quality to the sound, as if the air wouldn't flow quite right to make his voice sound pleasant. He laughed harder as Rory apologised, before putting the cigarette to his mouth, wiping his eyes.

"Well, with that response, you're either a monk, or you're the most frigid asshole I ever met, Rory," the scarred Agent snorted and grinned, making the scars pinch on his face. "From the impression I got, that ain't the first fucking time someone's done that, and it won't be the last either. And they won't have, uh, tripped over their own feet out of nerves." He blew out smoke and glanced at Daysha.

"Nah. She tried to feed me some bullshit line about you bein' her cousin, but it didn't ring fuckin' true. Oh, and then asked about the scars. And then bitched me out when I changed the subject. Pretty fucking standard, right?" He grinned again. "Only thing I haven't figure out yet is why you really haven't punched her out."

About to answer Harlowe, Sarah physically flinched as one of the women began to yell at one of the males and turned on her barstool, unsure what was going on and if there was going to be any trouble. When it didn't develop into anything, Sarah turned back, rubbing the back of her neck, a tick when she was nervous.

"Sorry, sorry," she said, apologising. "I'm not really the going out type. There are some nice restaurants and..." Sarah looked around at the inside of the Spiral, "...decent bars. Personally, I prefer to stay in with a glass of wine and do my research from the safety of my apartment."

Two words that seem out of place; Research and safety instead of work and comfort.

I
    Irina

Harlowe could remember all too clearly when she had regarded home as a place of safety, and then there had been riots. Yeah, well. This time it's gonna be different.

"Yeah, I...rarely go out to bars much anymore. I'm over the drunken-college phase." The comment was given in a relatively jovial tone, and she even gave a quick, easy-going smile. Trying to set the other woman at ease after the background arguing, perhaps? Something about Harlowe's response didn't ring completely true however.

"What restaurants would you consider safe?" Harlowe paused briefly. "From rowdy crowds, that is."

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

Rory's eyes narrowed slightly, surprised that both Daysha Jackson and Agent J Derevko would be so dismissive. Whatever Alexis did of her own will shouldn't have any bearing on what was acceptable or not. It was the same-old, same-old, erosion of decency and desensitization that had hallmarked the past twenty years.

He gave a tight smile and shrug to the scarred man, unsure of how to respond, or if a response was even necessary. Half of him wouldn't have minded a cigarette himself, both because it went well with drinking and because it gave him an excuse for not responding, but instead he picked up his glass and slowly, evenly finished it.

Since they were content to move on, he was half-way to asking if they wanted anything from the bar when Derevko turned the conversation back to Alexis Kane , and in such a bizarre fashion. Interested, he waited patiently with his empty glass to hear the explanation to the odd accusations.

It was surprising to realize he was waiting to see if Daysha trusted Derevko.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Lay off the crack before the crack lays you off Alexis Kane ... Ugh, she can’t even fucking lie right…

Daysha took a drag of her smoke. “Derevko, lay off will ya. Accidents happen.” Like the fucking scars on your face buddy.

Shrugging a little, Daysha explained. “What do ya mean? She is a very distant cousin. I mean shit, do we even look or act similar?” Giving Agent J Derevko a sour look. “I don’t go randomly punching the fuck out of people just for being stupid. The last guy I punched in this bar was Irish, but I see he hasn’t been hanging around anymore.” Or he’s in the basement drunk off his ass on the cot in the back.... again

2sux to continue the lie

Rory , You’re all clammed up now.” She noticed his empty drink and took another drag. “Need a refill? Cause I certainly could use one.” Glancing at her empty Cider Ale.

Alexis Kane sneezed suddenly and the brief convulsion sent her razor skidding off of the sink, knocking the baggy of coke into the damp porcelain bowl.

"Oh no! Oh fuck, of fuck," she whined, voice creeping higher in pitch while she watched the powder liquefy and run down the drain, leaving only sodden, useless paste behind it. She let out a fervent noise of exasperation and slammed her palms into the wall, before spinning away to pace around the tiny room. Her projection of the night became a vision of a dark, bleak parade of hours until sleep claimed her; dull, empty hours that beckoned the emotions she'd rather ignore. No, scratch that, emotions that she needed to ignore...

The door to the bathroom opened once more and Alexis trooped out, appearance spotless and calm. She slipped onto a stool at the end of the boor and waved the bartender over.

"Tequila. 3 shots," she deadpanned, dropping a few bills on the bars scratched surface.

Page 10 of 25 First ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.