Ended
Watch
241 - 250
DISPLAYED
The Spiral III

Page 25 of 25 First ... 15 21 22 23 24 25
    I
    IberianCastaway

Despite Jacque's efforts otherwise Hawlowe's fists connected with him and they hurt like motherfuckers. He took a few steps back, now about the same distance he was before. He raised his arms up again, only this time they weren't in a blocking stance, rather open palmed, a sign to say he was done with her fighting.

"Alright, Rock the Casbah Harlowe." He forced a small chuckle, more because of the adrenaline coursing through his veins than anything actually being funny. "Y'know I didn't think you had it in you. That capacity I mean, to have enough strength of will to be able hurt another human being because they made you angry. Maybe we're not that different after all."

He lowered his arms, "And if it counts for anything I'm sorry that I was being a prick the Miss thing- and I was just making a little joke about the estates of the realm, I've honesty never seen anyone curse me for that but..." He looked back at his less than supportive crowd, "I'm the stranger here, should'a known better I guess."

D
    Daysha Jackson

That’ll fucking teach you, dickhead. Harlowe was too kind.

“Learn this now, Jacque, don’t EVER underestimate women.”

“You realize most rookies in the police department get killed because they have some sense of entitlement or think they’ll outsmart criminals and other officers.”

Daysha looked to Harlowe, Quinn and Nicole. “So, are we were trying to line things up here.” She leaned on the table and raised her hand over her forehead. “Are we going to balance ourselves out or what’s going on? I have someone with religious insights that will be helping me out, I hope.” Unless I can’t convince him.

Quinn just shook her head as Jacque seemed to actually want to get under Harlowe's skin, and even though violence had never been in her nature, Quinn couldn't help feel that the punches were also from herself. In theory, of course, she thought.

"I'm sorry, maybe its because its late and I'm tired," Quinn said, addressing Daysha. "But what do you mean? I like to think I am already quite balanced as it is."

K
    Kazakin

This thread will be closing soon. Next up: Halloween Poker Night at the Spiral. Stay tuned.

I
    Irina

Harlowe took a nice, measured step back from Jacuq and nodded. "And now you realised I do have it in me, let's get on with what's fuckin' important," she snarled and turned back to the others. "You're right, we need to make sure our skills are bein' put to damned good use," she glanced at Quinn.

"It'd be pretty damned unbalanced if we got stuck on a detail we're shit at," Harlowe explained.

Jennifer Hazelton

Nicole nodded in agreement; giving Jacque a measured look. His skills were going to be the hardest to balance; she suspected.
    "That makes sense." She agrees, reviewing the skills the others had put forth already.

I
    IberianCastaway

Sexist? Shit I've been called a lot of things but being sexist? That really hurts detective.

Jacque rubbed his neck, thinking over the situation. "We could... well let's look at it this way, we have Miss Port, and Miss Quinn, a journalist and academic respectively." Jacque trailed off before quickly adding, "Oh and your religious guy, though you said you aren't sure if he can make it."

He continued, "That leaves the three of us, a policeman-err, policeperson, a solider, and ah, well, let's just say an asshole, as the people who know how to fight if things come down to that. To make sure everyone is protected in case anything that bad happens perhaps we should organize ourselves with like, teams y'know, Scooby-Doo shit. My suggestion is that our most combat experienced pair up with our least, and so on."

Jacque sighed, contemplating the fact that he had quite possibly spoken more English in two months than French in twenty years.

Jennifer Hazelton

"That works for me," Nicole said to Jacque. "But I can take care of myself in a
    fight; so I wouldn't say I'm the 'least'
    able to defend herself. I think you and I liked the same lead; Quinn."

She says in a friendly manner to the other woman.
    "Which suggests we should have someone more adept at bashing monsters' skulls in. That sound O.K. to you?"

D
    Daysha Jackson

“Alright Jacque. I’ll work with you, and I’m sure he can make it.” After some convincing. “But I’m warning you, I don’t tolerate bullshit when I’m out, okay.” Daysha gave a quick forced smile. Cause I will fucking shoot you myself and call it self defense considering my record is clean.

“So that settles it then. We all have each other’s numbers in case something goes bad or someone needs help.” Daysha glanced at Harlowe for a minute then looked at the rest of the lot.

This is a little beyond Scooby-Doo, hell my son claims he’s too old for Scooby Doo… the next thing I’m going to hear is Buffy cracks.

K
    Kazakin

Great thread, guys. Let's get your teams split up.

Anyone who would like to go with Sarah and Nicole to investigate their lead, please head to Searching for Maria.

If you'd like to go on the other team, with Daysha and Rory, I'll link their thread here when they've put it up.

Page 25 of 25 First ... 15 21 22 23 24 25
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.