Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Spiral III

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
    K
    Kazakin

The Spiral's a bar that pretty much everyone's heard of, and no one knows anything about. There's too many stories for it to be real; one guy says there's a European Human Trafficking ring running out of there one week, next week it's a group of people running flesh for NAMBLA, next it's illegal firearms, and the week after that, maybe the Hook-Handed Killer showed up and showed 'em all a thing or two. The truth's a lot more mundane and a lot less interesting.

It's a bar, with wooden panelled walls and a scarred old guy, who looks like every other scarred bartender with a shotgun under the counter. The people who come here tend to be the people who want to get drunk. The booze swings between okay and paint-thinner, but at least it helps you sleep at night after a couple of shots.

Hunters know it as a meeting point between cells, a place where you can slip down to the basement if the bartender knows you, and trade a bit of info or get a little no-questions-asked surgery.

Mortals know it as a goddamned dive where you can get a quiet drink without anyone really paying attention to it. Either way, it's a good enough place to meet new people.

How this works

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha walked into the Spiral, in a decent mood. Thankfully she didn't see Irish around.... yet.

Ugh, I don't want that fucker pawing on me again tonight.

Looking around, she walked up to the bar and nodded politely to the Old Man and order her usual. A Liquid Ice and some ibuprofen.

I should probably carry that shit with me. Too bad I don't like purses.

She took a seat at the end where Daysha could half watch the door.

K
    Kazakin

Derevko walked into some dive bar, wearing jeans and a slightly torn shirt. The faint odour of lemons was on his skin. Fucking decomp smell took forever to get out, and the fucking stuff clung to a guy's body once he'd been near it. It was a Goddamn pain, but he'd rather smell like a fucking fruit than a Ramero extra. He walked up to the bar and gave the bartender a gruff nod, the knotted scars on his face twitching as he moved.

"Jack and coke, ice, no lemon," the Agent ordered relatively politely, but there was a note in those tones that said if he ever saw a lemon again, he was going to murder someone with it.

I need a fucking break away from the kid and the DHS. Doesn't run like any fucking Agency I ever met, but then the whole fucking thing is made of screw-ups. Oh, joy. I hope this place has barfights.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha remember Jonathan a bit. How could you forget someone with a face like that. She wasn’t judging, but it was prevalent on his face.

Perhaps I should try to work on the non-bitch part.

"Derevko. Haven't seen you in a while." She said with a nod and a tip of her glass as she took a drink. Although he wasn't one of the assholes that labeled her a bitch. Of course, it could be from not having seen him since her awareness.

I should have went downstairs instead. Shit.

K
    Kazakin

Derevko's head snapped to the side when someone addressed him by name. He hadn't been expecting that. For a moment, he wondered if it was someone he'd pissed the fuck off. He wasn't expecting anyone. He relaxed microscopically when he realised it was just someone from his life before the Geosciences division. He took his drink from the old bartender and walked over the to table.

"Nah, you wouldn't. I got a fuckin' promotion,"
    Derevko said. His tone of voice didn't sound like he was very happy about it. "Jackson, right? You were in Homicide too."

D
    Daysha Jackson

Apparently he's not proud of his fucking promotion.

"Yeah, I'm still in Homicide." Daysha pulled out a cig and her zippo and lit up. "So, how's the promotion?"

If he bit her head off one more time, she was headed downstairs.

K
    Kazakin

"It was a Goddamn good division," Derevko said, his voice almost wistful. "Best years of my life. I got given my marching orders when Captain Winder retired last year. You ever meet him?" Might as well make nice. Couldn't hurt to have a bit of Goddamn reminiscing time, could it? 'Least Grace wasn't around. That always fucked him up something terrible. He fumbled out his own packet and lit up.

"Promotion's... it's some damn thing. I don't know what to call it. How's the PD these days?"

Alexis Kane slipped into the Spiral amid the absence of revving motors and slamming doors. She wasn't clad in leathers, or even in skimpy clothing, but rather in a nice blouse and a pair of blue jeans, almost looking as though she were about to go on a date. She sauntered over to the bar and slipped into a seat, greeting the 'barman' with a few pleasantries before she ordered a B-52. Once the drink was in hand she spun around to face the rest of the room and offered Daysha a wave and a smile before sipping at the shot.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha took a drag of her cig. “Yeah, I have no complaints.” Other than I'm sick of the fakeness. “Winder, yeah, several times. Why do you ask?” She walked over to the table where Derevko was sitting with a, ya mind? gesture.

"The station… same shit different day. Although it seems like more fucking unsolved cases keep racking up lately.” She said this realizing she probably should have had a drink. Placing her jacket on the back of the chair, she sat adjacent to Jonathan and watched the front door. She didn't want Irish sneaking up on her. Fucking troll.

Waving back quickly to the Abbey girl, “Hey Lexi. God don’t tell me you’re bringing a date here.” She shook her head. This wasn’t a place to bring some new boyfriend or bootycall. This also wasn’t the place to pick up men. Ya know, if I swung that way…

"Oh come on," Alexis laughed, walking over to John and Daysha's table, "I have some taste, thank you very much. I had been planning on going on a date but he canceled at the last minute. No one else was free so I figured I'd pop on in the Spiral and get drunk. Took a cab and everything," she laughed, giving a wink. "But now that I've explained myself its your turn to spill girl. Just having a drink with a work buddy? Oh, I'm Lexi by the way, although you probably already guessed that," she said, smiling at Derevko.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.