Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
131 - 136
DISPLAYED
Maid service preferred

Page 14 of 14 First ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

"Wait, what?" she yelled back. "you said...where am I?"

She tried to plug her other ear, as though that would help the reception, but her left arm refused to move. A twinge of pain greeted her efforts, and she lost the garbled reply from her phone.

"Hold on, I'll...try and figure it out."
    She looked through the windshield, searching for any hint about her location, but saw only the dark expanse of highway stretching into the horizon, and out her side windows there was only the still depths of the roadside. It was desert country out on this stretch of the highway, and there were no signs that she could see. Maybe if she walked a bit, she might spot one and maybe even get better reception. She clumsily managed to get the door open, the phone wedged between her shoulder and ear, and climbed out of her wrecked car.

"I'm somewhere on the El Dorado Highway. I-I think I can find a sign."

K
    Kazakin

"Ma'am, don't move. There's an ambulance en route. Are you injured at all?"

"But I can find a sign. How're you going to find me if you don't know where I am," she asked, walking away from the damaged Camaro. "I'm fine. I mean, I think I'll be ok. I can't move my arm, but there's no blood. That's a good thing right? That there's no blood? Yeah," she babbled, the aches receding under the coursing waves of energy and bliss in her veins. "But my cars not ok! I got it as a present and it got fucking crunched. I didn't even see the guy, he came out of nowhere! Goddamn asshole wrecked my car! Thepartsarehardtofind!" she spat out, weaving into the middle of the road.

K
    Kazakin

"Ma'am, please stay with your vehicle!" The operator says, sounding stunned.

Lexi needs to roll Wits + Composure -8. If she passes, she needs to roll Dex + Athletics -8.

Failure

"But how are you going to find it?" Lexi asked incredulously. She moved a few paces ahead, the pleasant coursing through her brain urging her to keep moving.

K
    Kazakin

"Ma'am, I urge you to-"

Whatever the operator had to say is lost in a scream of brakes and a sudden thud that seems to come from nowhere. There's a flash of headlights and an impressive, blossoming pain that seems disconnected from the actual experiance, as though she's watching someone else.

Unexpected sedan is unexpected
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-09-09 21:19:58 ST for Lexi rolls 1 to Stamina - drugs (10 Again, Chance) 1 Dramatic Failure!
    2011-09-09 21:15:07 ST rolls 16 to This is why your mother told you not to play in the street (10 Again) 2, 8, 6, 6, 10, 8, 5, 9, 1, 4, 9, 8, 4, 6, 7, 4, 7 6 successes

With the distant sounds of someone leaping from their car and yelling for another person to call 9-1-1, Lexi hits the dirt and passes out.

Lexi takes 7 bashing, leaving her at 6 lethal, 2 bashing

Scene ends.

Page 14 of 14 First ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.