Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Sacramento Public Library - The Sacramento Room

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

The interior is large and clean. The air carefully conditioned. Plenty of space to move about. Plenty of quiet and open sky visible through the tall arched windows of the Sacramento Room. It's vintage was comforting.

Wide and sturdy tables had supported the scholarly efforts of several generations of students.

Martha felt she was dressed appropriately in her school uniform. Her boater hat perched on her head, satchel at her side. Her bicycle locked securely outside. She sat at one of the tables, working and reading hard. A stack of journals - the Journal of Military History, Defence Studies and the Diplomatic History: the journal of the Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations and several similar books on the table next to her.

Smiling cheerfully to herself as she enjoys reading in the silence of the Room. Her fresh notebooks already busy with careful manuscript notes, diagrams and annotations. Photocopies of important pages and bibliographies all organised near her too.

She has brief taken time away from the hurly-burly and business of Court to study something of potential value to herself and the Ordo at large.

( http://www.saclibrary.org/?pageId=732 )
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

S
    Steven

A genial looking old man makes his way into the room and gives a nod and a warm smile to Chrisie. The old man looks just like the grandpa every little girl would like. "Oh hello..." the old man says as he squats down into a comfy chair and begins reading a book about roman military history and its effects on current military tactics. '

Whats nice about the middle of the night at the Sacramento Library is that its pretty dead, no pun intended. Very few people come to the library in the middle of the night.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles happily as she looks up from her books to greet his words. Wondering if she's seen him anywhere before. Trying to decode his style of dress, his behaviour and accent to try and make a few guesses about him. "Good evening to you too, sir." she replies cheerfully, if quietly, not wishing to raise her voice in the library.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

S
    Steven

The elder gentleman

The elder gentleman was dressed in a similar style to the Tom Baker Doctor Who, educated but disheveled. He looked as if he was too busy thinking about great things to make sure he was dressed in matching or pressed clothing. His accent is American as best as Martha can tell (without a perception roll). The old man removed his glasses and cleaned them with a handkerchief, probably the same one he blew his nose in, and went back to reading his book.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles more. She glances over to the eldery gent a few more times. Trying to be certain she can't place his face from a dust-jacket of a book or the photo idents of the local university campus staff board. Smiling again, she finds her self drawn by scholastic curiosity. Ensuring her notes are up to date and her pen is neat along with her notebook, she hobbles over to talk to the man. He may, she wonders to herself, be a store of local knowledge!

Careful to make as little noise as possible and present her friendliest, and sincere, smile, she nods respectfully as she introduces herself with a suitably friendly whisper and wide eyed eagernes; "Oh, excuse me, sir, I couldn't help but notice your book...it interested me, sir. My name is Martha...I...I am a student of military history and the ancient world. As you can imagine, the book you hold combines those interests with elegance! Might I ask, please...if I am not disturbing you, sir, are you a lecturer or local professor?"

S
    Steven

The older gentleman turns his head and gives a warm smile to the little girl. "Oh no bother at all. Doctor Aidan Croft retired professor of English Literature." The elder man says with a nod to the diminutive vampire, not that he knows she is a vampire or anything. "Pleasure to meet you Miss Martha."

"I am a laymen in the study of the Military sciences, I just thought the cover looked interesting."
    The man says with a chuckle and a smile.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Tiny Martha smiles more as he outlined his credentials...she nods respectfully, rubs at her crippled hip as she stands close to him. Minty toothpaste and lavender soap dominating her aroma. "I see, Professor!" nods again, and offers a careful curtsey to him...rising from it, she finds herself amused at his comment about the book cover. "Oh dear, Professor!" she playfully and - and clearly not seriously at all - chides, a wag of the finger in playful reproach, "Fronti nulla fides! However, I do hope the promise of the cover matches the content!" a giggle. Aware that she too could be at risk of taking his grandfatherly appearance at face value, she studies him a moment. Another smile is offered as she watches his eyes and hands a short while as she talks, rubs at her hip another moment. But, this presented a golden opportunity. One she would seek to grasp. Carrying on with cheerfulness and a friendly whisper; "Professor...if it isn't a dreadful imposition or deflection of valuable research time, sir, if you wish, perhaps we could talk about such matters at your leisure? Exchange notes on bibliographies and such like! I should be truly very interested to hear of your own studies too...in literature and any other interests you have, Professor! I crave learning and scholastic activity, sir, and welcome friendship!" she added, wide eyed with sincere excitement at meeting him. Martha now grips the sides of her long gymslip with both hands as she speaks.

S
    Steven

The Doctor was a bit taken aback by the fomality and ... gusto of the young lady. "Ms Martha how could I refuse such an offer. But I am afraid you have placed a good deal of undo Faith in a me. I am just a simple man, you make me sound like some grand scholar." The man says with a grandfatherly smile to the Gibson Girl.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles happily to the Professor and appears very content.

A brief and cautious look about the room...as if to see if anyone else has joined them. If she sees nothing alarming or anyone else to greet, she will return her full attentions to the Doctor.

O
    Omnivolence

Jacqui herself was surprised at the lights and availability of the public library.

Sure, she thought to herself, the University probably had some nicer features, but it's an hour away. The public library would do tonight

Jacqui herself was dressed in her casual fishnet covered tank-top, working pants, boots, the whole shebang. She was unarmed tonight, though who knew what she was carrying in the burgundy Volvo she left out in the parking lot?

Inside the library she walked purposefully and quickly past the check out, hoping she'd skip them even seeing her face. She'd snuck one or two books out already, and didn't need the librarians knowing her face anytime soon. It was probably accomplished more from apathy than anything else though.

She went back and forth from the usual sections on the shelves: the Communist Manifesto; Steal this Book by Abbie Hoffman; the Art and Science of Dumpster Diving; something she just saw called The End of Poverty, Economic Possibilities of Our Times. That'll do for now.

They were all tucked underarm as she searched out a seat to curl up in and while away another night.

Abruptly, they clattered to the floor as Jacqui was surprised to see Martha Villiers sitting in some room with high arched windows.

"Oh, Hi. Wasn't expecting... err... so many people to be out tonight. Hello Miss Villiers!"

She starts mumbling as she crouches to pick up the spilled selection trying to quickly gather her things.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread