Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Emergency Soverign Meeting

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

The hollow commons emptys pretty quickly, especially with Mr Bates and Mrs Rosemary ushering the remaining changelings out. Mr Bates and Mrs Rosemary clear away the buffet and set the table in the middle of the commons whilst waiting for the Winter Queen to arrive.

They had just finished placing the last chair around the table when Katrin walked back into the hollow commons. Mr Bates hands her the key just before he leaves with Mrs Rosemary (Who happened to place drinks and a small selection of what was left from the buffet in the middle).

The doors are closed and locked behind them.

Katrin takes a seat at the table. "I have had the situation explained to me. However it might help to hear the facts from the three of you." She said calmly.
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

L

"The Freehold reacted about as well as you'd expect to Rust's announcement," Rick still didn't have a clue as to what convinced Rust it'd be a good idea to try that. "Rust stepped down amidst the resultant storm of protest. Then the crown spoke, prompting Rust to blame it for half the troubles we've faced in the past year including his own insanity. And he insisted on destroying it. He appealed to the Summers, seemed to try to seize control of the court again, and they told him to leave. He did, and the crown declared that no one could wear it until Autumn came. Which brings us," one hand rose to idly indicate the room, "here." There, a nice relatively quick summary of events he'd rather not dwell on all that much.

S
    Spartan

Spartan leans forward placing his arms on the table, "I have assumed the position of Summer Sovereign. As the Crown," he says crown with a hint of disdain, "my predecessor is still among court of summer but no longer holds position of power within it." Spartan explains to the Winter queen looking to the other sovereigns, showing no outward discomfort or nervousness sitting at the table with the other leaders of the hold.

Katrin simply nods her head at Rick and Spartan's words. She remains silent, preferring to keep her own council until she has heard the opinion of the Spring Queen as well.

S
    Spartan

"It seems the Queen of Spring has decided not to grace us with her presence."

"What has been discussed among the soverigns as of late? What must I know so I may assist in leading our Hold?"
    Spartan asked looking at the two Soverigns who bothered to show up.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice gave him an apologetic smile about the time Spartan commented on her absence.

"Sorry. Rick is correct. Rust's sudden behavior was rather unexpected. I had thought of him as a reasonable man interested in working with the other seasons. I only meant to appeal to him when i stepped forward, I had not realized he was that far gone. Perhaps something has happened to cause a sudden change in the man or did he just finally come out into the open?" She thought for a quick moment and shook her head no, "No offense but he didn't strike me as a very subtle man so I'm inclined to believe something has happened to him personally to cause this. Regardless, it is clear that things are a mess right now. We cannot afford to skip two seasons in a row or there would be dire results so Autumn must go off on schedule."

"The crown isn't the problem, it has spoken to me in the past and issued me warnings that someone present with me at the time was tempted to take it from me, so like Rick says Rust is just blaming others for his own folly. Furthermore, given rust's present condition I don't know that we can trust him not to do something foolish perhaps regarding the crown. I hope that he doesn't see the freehold as an enemy after this, he should be approached by someone and spoken to or watched."

Turning to Spartan she frowned and shook her head. "Nothing of note that I really recall. Just the usual doom and gloom. The gentry are on the move though, and the hedge is in shambles as you know. Unfortunately we have not had a very long history of sharing information from my experience."

S
    Spartan

"Good evening Queen White. I do agree that we must be wary of Rust but I will do my best to keep him under control as he is one of mine now." Spartan said to the group. "I understand your concern Queen White and I must be honest in saying that I feel it odd that we allow ourselves to be controlled by such a object. We leave our fates to the crown. I much rather leave my fate to my spear, my sword, and my fellow members of the hold." Spartan says.

Katrin smiles as she looks to Spartan. "Controlled? Who has the crown been controlling?"
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

L

"It claims," a sidelong glance at the crown left little doubt as to what/who he was referring to, "that since the Crown was originally given to Rust a new Summer Sovereign can't claim it. Though I'm interested in determining whether or not that's truly the case since I don't recall that being part of the Founding Pledge's framework when I analyzed it last winter."

S
    Spartan

Spartan looks at the winter queen and her new demeanor, "In my limited experience it seems that the crown makes decisions that should be left up to the Sovereigns. It forbids the most powerful of us to do things that is our rite as sovereigns. Why do we let such an object make our decisions for us. We left the Fae for a reason, to control our own destinies, to be free of slavery. And this object prevents us from making our own decisions. We have four sovereigns. We have checks and balances, we do not need Zeus' cockring saying what we are and are not allowed to do. That is our responsibility and the responsibility of the people we govern. And that is another thing I wished to bring up." Spartan said leaning back in the chair looking as much the Warrior King as he is. The red eyes of War gaze out from under the helm taking stock of those others at the table.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread